• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

alternatives to scan bran for "freeing me up"?

suplizi

I see the light!
what about all-bran? 42g of that as a healthy extra. I find just changing my HEb cures things! Plenty of water and walking helps too, failing that call in dyna-rod tis syn free muahahaha!

Helen xxx

Porridge made with extra bran added (to make up for the scan-bran) makes a good breakfast that gets things 'moving' (lol).
Just buying the bran works out a lot cheaper than when it's already been squashed into scan-bran shapes!!

Something I remember from being pregnant: Peaches, plums and pears poop. Bananas bind. :)

aren't prunes syns though? 'tis dried fruit after all..

as it happens, I went to mom's to borrow her stock pot and told her to remind me to get some thursday ( she and dad go to same group as me ), and she said she had 5 left and didn't like them...

I just tried one and I must say I don't blame her.. definitely needs something on it.... might be alright if dipped in something like a cup of bovril..
I may have my mackrel on the rest later as a snack..

Drink lots of water - have lots of fibre foods (allbran, fibre plus bars) - melon works for me too??!?!!?

How about a veggie curry - nice and spicy!~!~! x

changing my heb today has helped me :)

I noticed that about proper coffee too.. must be something lost in the drying process..

I have a filter coffee maker, I gotta get some more coffee for it though...

I have not tried it before but people rave about this on facebook:

Dyno rod Soup
(syn free on Green and EE)

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils (or handful of dried)
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 each green, red and yellow peppers
2 vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)
Chop all vegetables. Put them and everything else into a large pan, cover with water, bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are soft (about 30 mins). Once cooked, the soup can be left chunky or blended smooth.

very similar to the one I've seen.. speed soup only calls for 1 pepper, any colour as far as I reacall..
I just got all the ingredients for some of that..
well almost.. got a bag of soup mix vegies which has the carrots, leek, onions and some swede in it, and no parsnips in, but I do have a butternut squash to add ( our C adds it to his and says it's a great super speed food.. )

I've heard rave reviews about scan bran as a remedy for problems with regularity ( IYKWIM ), but I don't have any and next group isn't until thursday..
I don't think my local H&B carry it ( couldn't find any last week ) so I need alternatives in the mean time..

any suggestions?
Peppermint tea
Fresh Orange Juice (although it is synned)
Mushy Peas
Grapes
These all get movement with me lol!! x

Anything with sorbitol. Sorbitol is a laxative in sufficient quantity. Apple juice is a natural source of sorbitol. Drinking is important but often exaggerated - generally excess water will get diverted to your small intestine so you'll just pee like a race horse all day!

Agree that proper coffee sets me off too.