Am convinced by water!

letsgetlosing

Ok last week you may have remembered that I gained 7lb during my holiday! I was gutted and vowed to be 100% this week. I was, and I have managed to kick 5lbs of this weight gain off!
Apart from sticking to plan, I think my success is attributed to upping my water massivly and munching on melon!
Feel so much better than I did this time last week. I didnt even think I had managed to shift any of it, because nothing was feeling any looser....but heyho, only 2lb to go to get back to my stone!

Brilliant - well done you!!
xxx

Thank you, sure feels better to be saying I lost, not gained! x

well done :flirt2:

funny enough, ive been sat in work today and felt thursty, so ive drank more than 2 litres at least .....and i got thinking.......why do they say drink plenty of water and it will help boost your weight loss??? how does that help boost it?? sorry to seem a bit dizzy :eek:

skinny*minx*wannabe said:
well done :flirt2:

funny enough, ive been sat in work today and felt thursty, so ive drank more than 2 litres at least .....and i got thinking.......why do they say drink plenty of water and it will help boost your weight loss??? how does that help boost it?? sorry to seem a bit dizzy :eek:

Because your metabolism needs water to work faster.. The quicker your metabolism is, the quicker you burn fat x

Because your metabolism needs water to work faster.. The quicker your metabolism is, the quicker you burn fat x

arrr.....cheers Roziee.......il make sure i keep my water intake up then :flowers:

How much water are you drinking a day, on average?

hi, i agree...i have been drinking more water and even just the past few days i feel better for it - about 2 litres per day x

Also (apparently) the colder the better. Ice cold water apparently has minus calories as it takes your body energy to warm it to body temperature. So, according to my dads PT, the colder the better.

Also water is an apitite surpressent, and the more you drink of it the less likely you are to retain water too

dreamslim said:
Also (apparently) the colder the better. Ice cold water apparently has minus calories as it takes your body energy to warm it to body temperature. So, according to my dads PT, the colder the better.

Yep you're right x

Very interesting article about this here. This actually gives you the calculations of how many cals you can burn drinking cold water.

There was another really interesting article about how when the kidneys are not receiving regular water, the liver has to help out - so has to do the kidney's job - as well as it's own - which is metabolising fat.

My, my - the things you can learn in an evening. Thanks everyone. I have a mini target this week to drink more water and this will certainly give me the incentive to drink more.

add a bit of squash to it

I try and take in at least 2 litres of water every day. This isnt including any tea or coffee. think everone has summed up why you should top up with water
1. Stops any nasty water retention
2. Helps the metabolism
3. Controls appetite...sometimes your thirsty, not hungry.

Also we all know more water helps clear the skin and generally makes you feel better for drinking it x

Hi

I can totally agree that drinking much more water is great, didn't believe it until last week.

I suffer from water retention (bad swollen feet)
Last week I ate burgers, cake (I had a bad food week)
Complexion ok

Last week I upped my water consumption, ok was going to the loo a lot, but ...

My feet aren't swollen (I bought water retention tablets, but haven't used them)
I stayed the same when weighing in (luck more than anything I think)
Complexion much better

I was also told more water intake stops headaches.

I never thought I would believe it but upping my water intake has definately done me a lot of good.

Glad to see your on board :) I've got a friend who I have been trying to convince for years but she says she doesn't like the taste of water so drinks flavpured, dizzy stuff, maybe you should try and convince her for me. Haha.

Back