Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Am I Being Thick Or Something?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sockmonkey, 28 October 2010 Social URL.

1. sockmonkey

sockmonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am going it alone with SW for the time being, though I have got the books. I have been trying to follow it but I must be missing something. Yesterday was my first day of doing it 'properly' and I decided on a red day. This is what I ate:

Breakfast: Alpen light choc & fudge (healthy extra)

Elevenses: Alpen light choc & fudge (healthy extra)

Lunch: 35g wholemeal pasta with a little chilli, spring onions and broccoli, and 75g half-fat cheddar (healthy extra + 4 syns)
    )
    Tea: (I work funny hours so this was a 5pm snack to keep me going until I finished work IYSWIM) Salad of lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, carrot and radish, no dressing, with about 1/4 pack of tikka chunky chicken

Dinner: Steak (all fat cut off) fried in 1tsp olive oil (2 syns) with huge pile of cauli, broccoli, sprouts, cabbage (all steamed)

Drink: large glass red wine (8 syns)
    Diet Dr Pepper (free.... isn't it?)
    Herbal tea with Splenda (Is this free)

...Is this actually following it? Because I felt fuller and ate more often than usual. I know most of it was veg but still... surely I won't lose any weight eating this much? I probably did eat more than on a normal day because it was a longer day for me than usual, but in my books it doesn't tell you there's a limit on it being free, surely there is a limit?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Sounds ok to me! Great isn't it? :D

Mini likes this.
  4. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi i eat a lot more now as i am making better food choices good luck :)

5. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    looks fine to me....... you can have 2 HEA choices, so you could knock off the 4syns of cheese cos that would have been almost another full A choice ( another 9g :) )

FAB diet isn't it :)
    I eat TONS everyday :)

Mini likes this.
  6. BrittW

BrittW Timelord

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love the shock i your post!!

Yeah you can eat it all, yes you will lose weight :)
    Have fun xo

7. sockmonkey

sockmonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(8.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone, you are right Brittany I am in shock! I know everyone says that SW is easy and simple but I couldn't believe it was really that easy and simple and thought I must have been missing something. Of course I know that things will get tougher, but for now I am soooo impressed. I'm still not certain I will believe I can lose weight this way until I actually weigh in though (I'm still going to have my own weekly weigh in :))

Thanks again xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.