am I doing it wrong? Help!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by sweet-like-coco, 21 March 2009 Social URL.

1. sweet-like-coco

sweet-like-coco Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.44%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    There have been times when I have had 1 tetra 1 shake 1 bar and a meal in one day. But now I read somewhere that the bar should only be used as a 4th "meal" so if you are having a proper meal (white protein and green veg) then you shouldnt have a bar. Is this true as I have done it twice this week.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cicerone

cicerone Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, I'm just looking in the book.

If your on step 2, you are allowed three cambridge diet meals, plus your meal ie, chicken, fish etc.
    Cambridge Diet meals, I would think, can be either a shake, tetra or a bar, so I dont think you are doing anything wrong.

Although I am not a CDC, and I am sure someone else can help.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I bar a day is fine. Relax :)

Interested to know where you read otherwise though :confused: Please tell :)

5. sweet-like-coco

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.44%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    on a Cambridge diet FAQ but for the USA. so is a bar a complete meal with all the nutrients you need? If I am on ss+ is it fine to have 1 bar 1 tetra 1 shake and a 200 cal meal a day?

xxxxx

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, you can have a bar, a tetra, a shake and a 200 cal meal on SS+

BTW, the cambridge USA diet is different from the UK Cambridge. The rules are different, the formula is different. It's owned by a different company.

Probably best to steer clear of their FAQ or you'll get totally befuzzled :D

7. Oinkstop

Oinkstop Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(10.28%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge USA
    Yes, the rules for the USA version of Cambridge are completely different from the UK version. Although I think the formulations are similar, they each have their different rules.

I think the UK rules are a little more strict than the US version, but the brochures you get for the USA version are a lot less specific. For example, the USA version only has three diets: 1) Fast Start (the same as Sole Source, which they recommend you use for no more than 2 weeks), 2) The Regular Program, which consists of three shakes and 400 calories of food, and 3) Maintenance, which consists of three shakes and gradually increasing conventional food. They don't give any specifics on how much food you should have, and they don't have a clear path to wean you off the shakes.

Also, they make if clear if you are using the USA version you should NOT use the bars as a meal replacement if you are doing Sole Source. The bars are apparently not nutritionally complete.

8. sweet-like-coco

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.44%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Oh ok :) gosh I feel like an idiot now! sorry if my question was stupid! Thanks KD and Oinkstop for taking time to answer questions that must seem really silly to CD pro's like you :)

9. sleepybird

sleepybird wants a pony

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(7.86%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I don't think it was a stupid question....it certainly made me wonder what the answer was as i have had a combination of all of what you queried, bless you! x

10. sweet-like-coco

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.44%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    haha that makes me feel better now x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.