Am I doing the right things, on Shake that weight??

Hi Guys

I started shake that weight on thursday of last week, usual meals are shake for breakfast, same for lunch and a main meal of no/low carbs which is usually chicken done in the oven with veg, bolognese made with basic ingredients and no spaghetti, just tomato puree etc

started swimming on saturday and managed about fifteen lengths, absolutely shattered doing it, severe lack of energy, snacking foods was a box of strawberrys on fri night which i realised wasnt a good idea, since then just been cheese and drinking loads of robinsons summer fruit no added sugar, not sure if i am being strict enough on myself though to try and achieve quick weight loss?

Hi Wellrounded, i am waiting on my shake that weight being delivered. i was convinced it would be today so hopefully tomorrow. Maybe we could support each other, i am looking to loss 80lbs asap. it wont be over night lol, but i am in it to win it so might have blips but i will not be giving up. How are you finding it? any taste better than others? x

Hi Lisa, It's been alright to try and maintain to be fair, the tricky part of it has been trying to make sure that I have a proper meal at night, which in all honesty like yesterday I have made light meals like scrambled eggs and had no dinner at night, snacking at night is very difficult to avoid, I have snacked on the likes of cheese etc, whic hopefully i will get away with. I haven't weighed myself since I started, something I really should do. The VLC in my experience in the first two weeks like I have been going through. can leave you feeling tired, I struggle to find energy to exercise, however working compressed 12 hour shifts most prob doesn't help with that. I have allocated saturdays for 2 hour swim sessions, which will hopefully help things along and help me maintain some energy. Last saturday I had to rely on caffeine to get that boost to go in to the pool and start swimming, however once I started it went easy enough.

I'm waiting on first delivery to do the TFRD (4 shakes a day) for a couple of weeks. I decided that was just easier.
I ordered samples though and got a booklet in the package on ideas for snacks - did you get one of them?
If you did read through cause it might be helpful.

The main thought I had on your snacks was don't go for the cheese and the strawberries - go for things like lean ham (protein) and if you are veggie, hummus (still protein but watch amounts cause of the fat content) and go for veggies (keep carrot sticks and other crudités in the fridge for instant snacking) cause the high sugar in strawberries and high fat in cheese are not that helpful and they are not filling you up.

Also maybe try going up to 3 StW products a day? Iirc the 2+ meals was for maintenance not loss.

Finally, and I'll then butt out, look on Pinterest for '400 calorie meal recipes' I found loads, and most of them I can eat with my picky-eater partner.

Back