Am I doing this right?

emmab21

So this year I've been rubbish at sticking to the plan (so on a separate note, I'm on the look out for a diet buddy if anyone is interested?)

But I've been starting each day with 2 weetabix crushed up and a Muller Light on top so that I can have cheese instead of milk as my A choice. Is that right or have I magically made this synful?

If this is ok I intend to have a baked potato (with the cheese) and a tin of beans for my lunch and an Options Hot Chocolate to suppress my urge for a Diary Milk.Then have some sort of Green plan evening meal. I'm trying to avoid meat so might as well follow the green plan although I'm not a veggie so I might have the occasional Original day.

Repeat until bored and need a kick up the jacksie :D

If you are doing green then you are allowed 2 HEA and 2 HEB

There is not a lot of superfree action going on I notice - what about fruit with your brekkie and mixing in some veggies to your beans but having half a tin instead

You should also be using around 10 syns a day

Yeah it's kind of hard to have veg in the day due to being at work and only a microwave to hand, that's why I mainly have my veg in the evenings. But fruit with breakfast is definitely do-able, same at lunch I guess although I do get tummy ache if I eat too much fruit and veg (grim, I know) which is part of the reason I find it so hard to eat healthily sometimes.

I didn't realise I could have milk and cheese on a green day, what a bonus! That means I can intersperse green tea & lemon with a good old normal brew. :D

Thanks very much.

It really annoys me, I was a typical kid and never eat my greens. Uni changed all that and now they're the best part of a meal they play havoc with me. Will persist though. Think I'll dig out my books again and re-read the green plan pages.

emmab21 said:
So this year I've been rubbish at sticking to the plan (so on a separate note, I'm on the look out for a diet buddy if anyone is interested?)

But I've been starting each day with 2 weetabix crushed up and a Muller Light on top so that I can have cheese instead of milk as my A choice. Is that right or have I magically made this synful?

If this is ok I intend to have a baked potato (with the cheese) and a tin of beans for my lunch and an Options Hot Chocolate to suppress my urge for a Diary Milk.Then have some sort of Green plan evening meal. I'm trying to avoid meat so might as well follow the green plan although I'm not a veggie so I might have the occasional Original day.

Repeat until bored and need a kick up the jacksie :D

Hi ya Im also looking for a sw buddy? Ive been doing sw bout three weeks lost 3.5 lb x

Hi Emma,
Sounds perfect. I haven't posted enough to see if your on facebook. Can you see my profile? Although I've had to put it in the personal website field as it keeps saying my FB link is in the wrong format!

emmab21 said:
Hi Emma,
Sounds perfect. I haven't posted enough to see if your on facebook. Can you see my profile? Although I've had to put it in the personal website field as it keeps saying my FB link is in the wrong format!

if you look up Emma Joyce on fb u should see me my profile pic is me and my hubby at our wedding x

I think I've added you, there were at least 3 Emma Joyce's with wedding photos :/ Either that or it could be highly embarrassing!

emmab21 said:
I think I've added you, there were at least 3 Emma Joyce's with wedding photos :/ Either that or it could be highly embarrassing!

I accepted you got the right one lol

One other question. I'm following the green plan, If I can have Cheese as a healthy a or b does that mean I can have 2 lots of cheese in one day!?

If you are doing green, you could have cheese up to 4 times a day, two As and two Bs, altho that might be overload!!!

Ok, so I'm almost half way through week one, I'm doing quite well although I'm a sugar addict so keeping the syns down is really hard. I'll have to see if having the biscuits as my morning snack stops me losing (providing I'm not unknowingly doing anything else wrong) and if they are I'll have to cut back more. I am walking for an hour nearly every day for body magic.

Please can you have a look at what I've eaten so far and let me know if I'm being bad where I think I'm being good. I consulted the book and on a green day baked beans do have a SS by them, so I'm going by that.

Day1
Healthy a 350ml Skimmed milk
Healthy a 42g reduced fat cheddar (can also be a B choice on Green plan)
Healthy b 2 weetabix
Healthy b 71g Turkey

Breakfast
Muller light
2 weetabix

Lunch
Potato with Cheese, Baked beans (ss) and turkey
Strawberries &Banana
Tea
pasta and sauce (with blended veg), peppers, cherry toms, courgette, aubergine and quorn Chicken
Syns
5 Chocolate snack-a-jack (3 on original) 10

options 4
=14

Drinks outside of meals
Green tea with Lemon (ss) x3
black tea, milk sweetner x2
1pint of low cal cordial

Day2

Healthy b 2 weetabix
Healthy b 42g reduced fat cheddar (can also be a B choice on Green plan)

Breakfast
Muller light
2 weetabix

Lunch
Potato with Cheese, Baked beans (ss)
Strawberries (ss) & Cherries (s)
Banana
Tea
Mushroom risotto with carrots, cabbage and broccoli

Drinks outside of meals
Green tea with Lemon (ss) x2
black tea, milk sweetner x2
Pint of low sugar cordial x2

Syns
Go ahead yogurt bars 7
options 4
=11

Day3

Healthy b 2 weetabix
Healthy b 42g reduced fat cheddar (can also be a B choice on Green plan)

Breakfast
2 weetabix (with 240ml of allowance)
Snack
Muller light
Banana
Lunch
Potato with Cheese, Baked beans (ss)
strawberries (ss)
Tea
3egg omelet with mushrooms, spring onions and b choice cheese (I ended up cutting it in half as I realised it would be too much)
Small tin of baked beans and slimming world chips from ½ a potato

Drinks outside of meals
Green tea with Lemon (ss) x2
Low sugar cordial
black tea, milk sweetener x2
Pint of low sugar cordial

Syns
Go ahead yoghurt bars 7
Go ahead crispy slices 9
=16 :(

Back