Am I doing this wrong??

Jillywags

Hi - I've recently started SW EE and wondered if you guys could check my menus for me - not sure if I've got my head around this properly - feel like Im eating too much.

Day 1
B - Fruit & Fibre + semi skimmed milk
S - 2 bananas
L - Large salad with whole chick breast chopped up + light salad cream (syns)
Cadbury caramel bar (syns)
D - Roasted Salmon with loads of roasted veg (toms, mushrooms, courgettes, onions, peppers)

Day 2
D - Roasted Salmon with loads of roasted veg (toms, mushrooms, courgettes, onions, peppers) + new potatoes
S - Bananas, grapes

Ripple bar (syns)

A bit repetative at the moment I know but not really got my head around what I can have yet.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hi - I've recently started SW EE and wondered if you guys could check my menus for me - not sure if I've got my head around this properly - feel like Im eating too much.

Day 1
S - 2 bananas
Cadbury caramel bar (syns)
D - Roasted Salmon with loads of roasted veg (toms, mushrooms, courgettes, onions, peppers)

Day 2
D - Roasted Salmon with loads of roasted veg (toms, mushrooms, courgettes, onions, peppers) + new potatoes
S - Bananas, grapes

Ripple bar (syns)

A bit repetative at the moment I know but not really got my head around what I can have yet.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

hello, looks good to me apart from you did not have any super free with your breakfast.

The only thing I'd say, like noddynoobs, is that you're not having any SuperFree with your breakfast. What about a chopped banana or some berries on top of your fruit and fibre?

Also, just a bit of advice, I'd try looking at other meal ideas too. If you are committing to the plan long term, you might become bored of these meals very quickly and end up not actually sticking to plan. I know I have to try and mix things up a bit, otherwise I become bored and start to eat things I shouldn't! Have a look through the recipes forum on here if you're not sure what kind of things you can have - you can have all sorts, that's the great thing about the plan :)

Apart from that, it looks like you're doing great! Well done x

Thanks I will add some fruit into my breakfast and if you guys ahve any easy meal ideas please et me know.

xx Jill

Thanks I will add some fruit into my breakfast and if you guys ahve any easy meal ideas please et me know.

xx Jill

One of the best ways to think of meal ideas are to make a list of your favourite meals & then adapt them to SW. I would say the majority of meals are very adaptable with a few tweaks & changes on some of the ingredients & you'll have a lovely SW meal.

I'd definitely say that you need more superfree, and you definately aren't eating too much!! In fact - I can't see any carbs in your lunch or dinner on day 1, so really you were doing a red day, not extra easy. In which case you should have had an extra Healthy a & b.

And definitely think of some other foods to eat. Extra lean mince is so versatile - I can think of 5 meals to do with that off the top of my head (chilli, bolognese, shephards pie, homemade burgers, meatballs) Chicken, the same (curry (about 4 types), italian chicken, mediterranean chicken, caribbean stew). Salmon - 3 meals that don't involve just roasting it. (Italian tomato salmon with pasta, creamy salmon (using philly light for the sauce) and poached.

Lunches wise - I rarely eat the same thing 2 days in a row, or even 2 times in a week!! Thats the key to sticking to it long term.

Back