Extra Easy Am I following plan correctly?!

Rachiegus

Hello everyone, been following this forum for the past few days, found every possible food item and it's syns when searching quickly on google, I'm always brought back here so thought I would join!
I joined SW 2 days ago, and I am following the extra easy plan, but I'm a little confused, I have stayed within the food guidelines and ate when I wanted, but I'm not sure if I'm eating too many free foods? Surely too much fruit is too much sugar? Just wondering if you guys could reassure me that my daily intake has been okay? Wouldn't like to follow the plan all week and gain at WI!

On Wednesday, I had;
Breakfast:
25g Cheerios (4.5)
250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA)
Banana

Lunch:
Scrambled egg made with Fry-Light
Bacon (no fat)

Dinner:
Lean ham and chicken slices
Homemade Potato wedges with spices and fry-light (free SW Recipe)
2 slices of hovis nimble (HexB)
Salad
TBSP low fat dressing (1)
TBSP lighter than light mayo (1)
Low fat spread on bread (1)

Snacks:
Apple
Strawberries
Orange
Onken low fat natural yoghurt

Total syns - 7 and 1/2

Thursday (yesterday) I ate:
Breakfast:
2 wheatabix (HexB)
250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA)

Lunch:
Tomato and herb Pasta N Sauce
(5-Added more syns just incase as couldn't find reliable info online)
Fresh Carrot mixed in

Dinner:
Lean gammon steak (No fat)
Poached egg
Mashed potato made with fry-light
Broccoli, tinned tomato, cauliflower
2 TBSP lighter than light mayo (2)

Snacks:
Pineapple
Apple
Strawberries
Raspberries
Onken natural yoghurt poured over
4 maoam stripes (3)
Graze snack box (5)

Total syns - 15

As I'm in my first week I'm still getting to grips with syns and portion size etc but would just like some reassurance that if I carry on the rest of the week with similar food will I be likely to lose? Thanks in advance, can't wait to join in the forums properly :)

Rach xxx

Hey Hun I think it looks fine but I am sure someone more experienced will come along. The only thing I could see was on the first days lunch you had no super free and that should make up 1/3 of each meal - also make sure the onken yogurt is not sinned as I know the fruit ones went way up in sins.

As for the eating too much fruit I wouldn't worry that is the great thing about slimming world we can each as much as we want. X

Hi if your following extra easy you need to make sure you have a 1/3 superfree (most veg and fruit) with every meal, as this helps with portion control and really helps with the weight loss.

I dont think your having too much fruit, I probably eat more than that and it hasnt effected my weight loss. The sugars in fruit is alot better for you than snacking on process sugar snacks, so I wouldnt worry about it.

Thank you both :) Yeah I can see what you mean now, I done my shopping late last night and bought lots of veggies and salad so I'll try to always have a bowl on the side if it's not incorporated into the meal :) hopefully it pays off on Tuesday cause I hate most veg haha!
Thanks again! Xxx

If you are struggling with the veg thing (thats why I do red and green plans) try to have a big bowl of fruit before your meal thereby exercising portion control. Have melon as a starter if you like it. I dont like veg very much but just love fruit. The rule of thumb like others have said you have to have 1/3rd of your plate in superfree. Hope this helps :)

I had cross and Blackwell ones and from what I've seen on here they are free, the cheese ones are nice with laughing cow mixed in for creamyness as not made them up with milk x

xsugarfairyx said:
I had cross and Blackwell ones and from what I've seen on here they are free, the cheese ones are nice with laughing cow mixed in for creamyness as not made them up with milk x

That's a good idea!

Yes make sure you are having your third super free on every meal and totally agree with
Holly nan that if veg is a issue
Then make sure you have the fruit first! Some people say just make sure you have fruit after but that totally defeats what EE is trying to achieve x

The pasta n sauce I have is the chicken and mushroom one made up with just water. Its a Batchelors one, with extra mushrooms its so filling and quick and syn free on ee and green :)

I just make it up with water as I said then fry off loads of mushrooms and there you go, a lovely quick and filling meal. :)

Back