Am I having too many spices?

slimdreamer

I worry that perhaps I have started using too many herbs and spices particularly for a PP day.

I have recently started cooking a large package of chicken breasts (sad for all the poor creatures on Dukan every time I see all the poor chicks I eat :(). I keep them in the fridge cold to eat as a snack when hungry and also love a piece or two on top of a salad covered in balsamic vinegar on PV days.

An example of the dry spices and herbs I add in quite large quantities to coat the chicken are:

Herbs de Provence (mix of herbs such as oregano, thyme etc..

Dried shallot

Lots of garlic-dried granules

Cayenne pepper

Loads of cumin to coat

Paprika

Sometimes a little Tabasco

Cover with balsamic vinegar

Is this over the top? Also is there a limit of balsamic vinegar on a PP?

I think the balsamic should be kept to a minimum if you can (branch out try other vinegars...) as its quite sugary.

The rest should be fine, the garlic is just dehydrated garlic? Nothing else in it?

Its the mixes that are to be avoided due to excess salt and sneaking in of sugars and starches.

And most of all if youre losing dont worry about it.

I made the chicken yesterday without the balsamic vinegar because I was a little worried about that. Unfortunately, it wasn't as nice but will try to do without. However, I did use quite a bit on the salad and dipped my chicken in it at the bottom of the bowl as I was eating it.:eek:

The garlic is pure dried garlic and all the rest of the spices have no added sugar. But as with the cumin, I really do coat the chicken with it. Is this OK?

I am losing but very sloooowly.:( Thank you very much for your advice.

i think so long as you are losing, then you are doing ok - you cant go to a boring diet as you will fall off the wagon....

spices

I agree with all of the above, just make sure your eating plenty of pure protein & drinking plenty of water to wash all the protein through your system!!:D

Thank you both for the advice.

Missfitness25, would you consider chicken breasts covered in these spices and herbs without the balsamic vinegar pure protein?

I definitely drink plenty of water in fact I worry some days I drink too much!

Yes, chicken breasts + spices = pure protein

That is good news, thank you. I will continue to use spices and herbs but perhaps I will try to cut down on them a little and I will try to cut balsamic vinegar out all together.

Back