Am i over reacting??

rosierose15

Silver Member
Right quick breif I have been with my boyfriend for 1 and a half years now and I love him to pieces. When we're together things r perfect I see him pretty much everyday. I left his this morning at 9am and I have not heard or spoke to him since. He's gone out now for the night and he's not spoken to me bout my day. I've been alone all day and night dog Sitting. We have had so many rows about this sort of thing before I kno he hates texting he never replies to anyone through text except me. He is not a texter. I know I'll be seeing him tomorrow but does anyone else think its harsh not texting me all day?

I think women think about these things, and well men just, don't. We overthink, we over complicate, and he probably just thought 'I'll see her tomorrow so we can talk then'. They just don't think like us at all!

Have a word with him, tell him it was weird not hearing from him all day long, see what he says.

xxxx

Before I moved in with my other half, we never use to txt between visits we would speak on the phone at night if we were not seeing each other, the only thing I would say to you is this something he used to do but doesn't now. But the last post sounds quite true in that he will be thinking there isn't a need as he knows he will see you tomorrow, you could txt him to say u hope he's had a good day, wish him a good night out and see what response you get. Also what does your gut instinct tell you ?

clairex said:
I think women think about these things, and well men just, don't. We overthink, we over complicate, and he probably just thought 'I'll see her tomorrow so we can talk then'. They just don't think like us at all!

Have a word with him, tell him it was weird not hearing from him all day long, see what he says.

xxxx

Totally agree with this. What did we do before text? Lol what is it you want to text? Just how you are/How he is? Or just to know he is ok?

Well the thing is he doesn't understand I do worry. My sisters boyfriend went for an innocent ride on his bike 2 years ago and is still in hospital now. He knows this but he said nothing will ever happen to him. It really bugs me. And also I'm a girl so if he text me then I kno he's thinking about me. There is no point in talking to him about it we have the same convo over and over it just doesn't get through so there is no point. He used to text non stop first 3 months I broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years for him then he just sorta stopped saying he feels comfortable now he doesn't need to try so hard. Well I can't accept that the honey moon period is over really. Every girl wants to get a "good morning beautiful hope u have a good day" message but I don't :-(

Well he text me at half 8 saying I'm going out now I'll text when I'm home love u. He didn't text me when he was home and not heard from him today. I'm starting to get really wound up!

Hey sorry your having problems, to be honest if I was you I too would be annoyed I don't think it's too hard to send a text message if he knows you worry. On the other hand you say everything else is pretty much perfect sometimes men just do not think! I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and when we first got together he was constantly texting if anything it was annoying then it trailed off and I got really worried! This might sound so childish but I think sometimes they need a shock! Don't text don't ring him wait for him to get in contact and when he does you know he's ok, don't reply and then 99% he will text you again! After this explain why it annoys you and it's not fair hopefully he'll realise, that's what happened with us anyway. He won't be doing it to upset you he's probably just being slightly thoughtless! Hope things get better xx

some people just dont think about how others are feeling, not in a nasty way, but as he isnt worrying about why he hasnt heard fron you he probably wont think youd be worrying about him (despite knowing what happened before)

men (well and women) can be very silly and unthoughtful at times.
im mad at mine at the moment as he didnt leave my mum a message yesterday to say happy birthday but he did leave his ex (who he never talks to anymore) one today. i know in his head he'll think well we went to hers to celebrate her birthday on friday and shes in amsterdam this weekend (running the marathon) so why bother, but personally i think it takes two minutes and facebook even brings up avlist of whos birthday it is, why not leave a message!!!!

I don't think he is up to no good I know he is just with friends and gettin drunk but he should think the girl he loves is at home all alone and send me a message to see if I'm ok but he doesn't. I feel when ever he is with his friends he forgets I exist!!

He text me yesterday saying he going out now will text when he's home but he didn't I gave it to lunch time today and called him he answered and was so bloody miserable coz he's hung over and was like what time r u coming over? I said I aint coming if ur moody he sed he is just hung over. Fun day for me huh? I ain't going to go til about 6 tho I ain't spending the whole day with a miserable thoughtless git! Lol.

I do sometimes Want people to say Rosie ur being silly ur over reacting it's only a text but it means a lot to me and he knows it. I know he hates texting and never ever texts anyone except me but I do like texting so relationships are about give and take. No point in talking about it tho coz he wont change I've tried. I either have to accept he will never be that sorta person and be happy. Or find someone who is like that and will be thoughtful......or are all men thoughtless?

If you really want someone to say "you are being silly and over reacting" then I am happy to do that - you are.You are working yourself up, and annoying him, over something really insignificant. I get texts from friends and family when they want to tell me something. If they texted me every day just to ask how I was I would think they had gone mad. And vice versa.You are wasting so much time worrying about this, and having arguments about it. Go and find something else to do. Why are you sitting at home all alone? Can't you go out for a walk, watch the television, clean the bathroom, write a letter . . . . ??Sorry, all this sounds very harsh, I know, but you did ask!

gettingfit said:
I am married but it doesn't bother me when OH is away on business that I don't get a text or phone call to ask how I am.I just get on with my life.:)

Don't suffocate him or you will loss him.

Are you worried that he is up to no good and has forgotton about you?

I do agree with this post, when I'm not with my oh we don't txt, other than if I said I would be home by such and such time and then I knew It would be later, with us he knows if I txt or he texts me is because something has happened, my oh told me that one of the reasons he loves me is because I don't txt him all the time, if things are perfect when you are together and he is thoughtful then, that is what matters.

Thank u Anna tht is what I needed. It's just when I'm with my friends and their all getting texts like I love u I miss u I get jealous. I was home alone coz I had to house sit last night. I am going round his now hopefully everything is normal

Oh good, I was a bit concerned that I had been too hard on you. I have to say that if I kept getting texts from my man saying that he loved me and missed me I would think it was a bit creepy! But then when I grew up we didn't even have a phone at home and I had to go and queue up at the phone box if I wanted to call my boyfriend. Different times, different expectations.

Nah I need someone to talk sense into me. Because of past experiences etc I am quite needy an paranoid and I know this. Wen I went to councilling she repeated what I was saying back to me and it sounded so silly coming from someone else. I just get over whelmed sometimes and I over react I guess. I'm at his now and it's all normal. Next time I start getting panicky and silly ill message u on ere and u can have a go at me lol x

Glad ur feeling a bit more positive xx

Yeah like I say when we're together it's all fine but when we are not together I feel kinda out of the loop and I feel agitated. A problem I need to deal with x

I think its about a bit of balance, if you feel reassured by a text, then maybe he should try and send one, but by one I mean one. I used to have an ex who would text all the time and get upset when I didnt respond immediately. AT first I found this very sweet, but in time realised that he was actually being very controlling and was keeping tabs on me, I wont go into details but this controlling behaviour increased and the relationship did not end well. I am not suggesting that you are controlling, just sharing my own experience.

Girls I need help again. So my boyfriend went to Newcastle with the lads last night. He said he would text me when he got there and he did. But that's the last I've heard from him! I'm worried for 2 reasons the last time he went away with the lads he kissed a girl but that was when we had only just started dating. Still not an excuse. He says I got to trust him and I can't keep bringing up the past. I'm also worried something might have happened to him because he promised to text me wen he got back to the hotel safely :-(

Back