am I right in thinking?

Mags12

Hello everyone

First question of the day lol.
I'm planning on following EE today armed with the basic knowledge I have of it...good or bad idea I'm not sure yet.

Today for dinner I'm planning on making mashed potato (using milk as Hex and synning the flora will put into it) along with mince beef, onions and carrots boiled up in water and then bisto added to the water...this will be serving 4 people am I right in thinking I only need to syn the bisto?

thanks so much

Hi
when you make your mashed potato it will be difficult to use a hex a for the milk because you will need to share it with the family and it is important to have all your hexs. Yes the bisto will need to be synned along with the flora.Make sure your mince is extra lean or you will have to syn that as well. You will probably need some more vegetables to make sure your plate has a third superfree foods. Good luck with the weight loss x

thank you Rosie :)

I haven't had breakfast nor any healthy exs yet (working v late last night so had a lie in) so maybe it makes more sense to follow the red day today and use the potatoes as a hex, I have the book from when I was last at the class so I could follow it. I think I might separate my potatoes from the rest of them before mashing and that way I could keep track of what I was putting into it. I would really need to do the same with the mince then as well....it's going to take me a while to get the hang of this lol
x

I often mash my potatoes with the skin on. Gives the mash a nutty texture x

I tried it recently, mash is nice with the skins on, and instead of using milk and flora, an egg or 2 makes it a really nice mash - all free on green and EE!

I tried it recently, mash is nice with the skins on, and instead of using milk and flora, an egg or 2 makes it a really nice mash - all free on green and EE!

OOh, that's a new idea - I assume that you beat and lightly season a raw egg (or two) and then stir into the mashed potato - no milk or fat. Is that the idea?

OOh, that's a new idea - I assume that you beat and lightly season a raw egg (or two) and then stir into the mashed potato - no milk or fat. Is that the idea?

That's exactly it! Someone from here recommended it, and it's lovely and makes the mash really creamy. when I do this I do peel the potatoes, as they are free anyway on EE!

Back