Am I right to be peeved about this?

I think you can notice it more on men, maybe it's because they lose their belly? My OH lost a stone and he got reactions right away, whereas it was about 2 stone before I got any comments!

really makes me feel stupid for being excited about my weight loss.

NEVER feel anything other than over the moon at every ounce that is dropping off you. If you take a step back and read your original post, the reason for your 'friends' behaviour is so obvious. She has so much less to lose than you, and could have done it already by now. Instead she chooses to not follow the plan 100% and take her feelings out on you.
It's possible that she was expecting you to have not lost as much as you have, or to have completely given up. But you haven't, you've lost an amazing 24lbs and nothing should stop you from continuing until you reach your goal, especially not someone like that. And so what if you have small tits? Small tits can be fixed, being a toxic, *****y person is something that no amount of surgery or money can fix!

Same with me, everyone commented on my BF's weight loss, and nobody noticed mine! It is a bit frustrating.

I think you can notice it more on men, maybe it's because they lose their belly? My OH lost a stone and he got reactions right away, whereas it was about 2 stone before I got any comments!

I know he hasn't even really been trying that hard and the weight is falling off him :mad: but :D for him
we girlies always have to work that bit harder ;)

Oooh I'd be tempted to answer backwith "you could slice fruit with that tongue of yours" Not an obvious insult but she may get the hint.

She's worried I reckon, that you'll look better than her (You're already kinder)!

I would be inclined to get out a tape measure and start measuring your loss in inches from hips, thighs etc, so that next time she comes out with the comment, you can say well actually I have lost this many inches from here, this many from here and so on.

Might make her think twice next time. :p

Well done on your weight loss so far, you are doing brilliantly.

Well Done on your weight loss, you are doing brilliantly - i think you need a clean out on the friend front - she sounds like a moo :( xxx

Congratulations so far, don't let negative (or no comments) get you down.

I have a similar problem with my mother in law. Whenever I go there she's always trying to get me to eat cakes etc, even when she knows I'm on a diet. (quick aside - hubby's family are all thin even though they eat twice as much as I do) A while ago when I was there I made a comment about just wanting water (rather than lemonade or cider) as it's healthier. My mother in law looked me up and down and said "yes, you have piled a lot of weight on recently!" I was horrified and replied "actually I've lost a stone since we were last here" (which was true) and changed the subject quickly but I was REALLY angry.

Hiya I think you're first 'friend' is defiantly jealous. As others who are happy within themselves don't normally make snide remarks

For friend number two is it possible that she didn't feel comfortable commenting in case she upset you? I know some people don't like comments on their weight loss as it makes them feel uncomfortable. This may not be the case and as others said there are so many possible reasons.

Personally I only care what two people think of my weight. The first one is me, and the second is the closest person in my life - my Hubby. His view is as important as my own. Everyone else in my life can have a view but they don't really count.

Focus on you, you've done amazingly well on your weightloss.

Well done x

I honestly don't know what's wrong with some people - be it so-called best friends, or worse than all - the dreaded out-laws.

To your "friend" that goes to class with you - you really need to turn it around - just say - stayed the same again - I'd be gutted if all i've lost is 2lbs and wasting all that money to come to class...etc, etc.

I wouldn't care if she stopped going and I had to go on my own - you've been there a while now, it would'nt be so bad not having company to go with.

It is clearly all down to jealousy. Whether you think she's was being supportive going with you in the first place, she's clearly now proving to be a pain in the butt - and obviously trying to put you down. You don't need that!!

You either need to have a good comeback the next time she decides to criticise ANY part of your body - but say it with a smile on your face. You don't want to lose a friend - that would be awful, so you need to be nice... even tho you probably want to tell her to STFU!!

I like it when people notice i've lost weight - I know we shouldn't care about what other people think - but it is a big achievement, and it is nice recieving compliments (especially when some people out there are quick enough to put us down.)

Keep up the good work - you are doing brilliantly!!

Lx

You are doing so well! Some people just do not understand the journey we have to go on!

One of my close friends really changed when I lost weight... I really think it was down to me not being the fat friend that made her look good anymore

Then again some people just don't have the skills to realise what they are saying could be seen as hurtful by other people!

As others have said, SW is all about you....it's your journey and there are lots of people on here and I'm sure in your class that are genuinely interested in your weight loss!

my friend is exactly the same ive lost 1stone 3lbs to date and everyone noticing a difference apart from my best friend who says she sees me all time so wont notice. but i see my family nmost days and they all see a difference. i gues it just guts you that a friend would be like this. i know a difference in myself already lost 1 dress size. but im not gonna let it get to me and nor should you. i think there is a little jealousy there in all honesty. just wait till im at goal i keep thinking then the green eyed monster will raise its heed lol x:D

One of my close friends really changed when I lost weight... I really think it was down to me not being the fat friend that made her look good

That just totally sums it up, i've had the same thing happen and I genuinely believe this is why! X

I had the same problem with my best friend when I lost a lot of weight about 18 months ago. We had been best friends since starting secondary school but she just couldn't be nice to me about it, or acknowledge the fact I had lost weight. I dropped 4 sizes so it was noticeable! One time I picked up a pair of knickers whilst shopping and she said 'Oh you won't need small, even I got medium'!! Whenever I saw her she made nasty little comments. I felt like it was because I was no longer there to make her look good being the big friend that she started to go off me.

It was one of the hardest things to do but we had an arguement and now haven't spoken for a year. Friends should feel happy for you, not be jealous of you!

Back