Am i the only one ? . . . . clothes sizes grrrrrrrrr

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

I've been in 14's the last few weeks and mega chuffed as even they are a bit loose both MS and primark so was very happy.

Bought a dress today from HM and had to get a 18 ? What's all that about ?

All of my other 18 dresses are hugggggggggge !

Am I the only one to notice such a difference between shops and sizes ?

I notice too. I'm at 14 in m&s but bigger in skinny shops like warehouse etc. Even the same style and fabric jeans in tesco varied so much, got 14 short in black then had to get 16 medium in blue. It's because they use different suppliers.

Totally! Even different styles from the same shops can be totally different sizes; it is a pain, all the trying on, and ordering/sending back! It would be so much better if they standardised it!

Grrrrrr I thought I had seen the back of 18's not to worry though it's the scales I listen to :)
Just a bit annoying.
Thanks for responses, good to hear I'm not the only one :)

I am back in to my size 14 trousers from Asda but had to buy a size 20 dress from Primark the other day!!!! H&M, Primark and Topshop sizes are tiny, I always have to get at least a size up. I find Asda and Dorothy Perkins clothes the best fitting and most true to size :)

But just remember it doesn't matter what size it says on the tag, as long as it fits well and looks good :D

Felix said:
I am back in to my size 14 trousers from Asda but had to buy a size 20 dress from Primark the other day!!!! H&M, Primark and Topshop sizes are tiny, I always have to get at least a size up. I find Asda and Dorothy Perkins clothes the best fitting and most true to size :)

But just remember it doesn't matter what size it says on the tag, as long as it fits well and looks good :D

Hun I think hm sizes are European sizes? I have always had to get a couple of sizes up from there. Even my skinny size 8 bestie has to get a size 12... Especially in trousers. Don't fret on it :) xx

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5: 12.2 w6:12.0 w7:11.9

yeah clothes sizes are useless. according to the size charts of new look and dorothy perkins im shockingly now a size 10 in trousers/jeans yet when i tried pairs on in both shops today, i struggled to pull the size 12s over my thighs! i refuse to buy a size 14 only because im determined to drop another stone by august before my friends wedding but it is disheartening when you're supposed to be a certain size after working hard to lose weight :(

As I am all about the vanity, I tend to focus on buying from DP, M and S, Monsoon, Gap and New Look right now as I am a guaranteed size 12 in all those shops.

I steer clear of Top Shop, Zara and Miss Selfridge as it's altogether a more depressing tale!

GretaGrip said:
As I am all about the vanity, I tend to focus on buying from DP, M and S, Monsoon, Gap and New Look right now as I am a guaranteed size 12 in all those shops.

I steer clear of Top Shop, Zara and Miss Selfridge as it's altogether a more depressing tale!

Think I will stick with those lol.

I'm in primark 12 for linen trousers as of today which has made my day :) I had a feeling as my 14's are very lose so fingers crossed by the next time I go shopping the bottom is a 12 in a few other shops :)

GretaGrip said:
Gap are great for generous sizes so do check them out! Also they have a decent sale on right now

Thanks, will have a look in next time in passing. I've bought kids stuff there but always thought the adults would be small for some reason. It's such a boost to buy a smaller size x

Morning all.
Since my craving / hunger for the bars the other day I have avoided them and I am very much looking forward to weigh in. I feel much better not having them ( don't feel the need for food as much ) not sure how long I will last without them as I do enjoy them but I don't want the feeling that goes with them and that for me is a increased hunger.
I'm going to MSG CDC and see if I can change my order for next week ( my fault for getting the order in too soon lol ) I'm sure she will be fine but at the moment I just don't want the temptation of the bars. It's like a compulsion to eat them all
( kind of a binge ) I never go off plan but as the bars are on plan my mind was saying just eat them and it will be ok. The consequences could have been awful due to the carb content I would have been out of ketosis ( I think ) and do it once and the temptation would always be there in my opinion.
I'm not one that has a " cheat " night as in the long run your only cheating yourself so it's not a route I want to go down. It's made me feel very strange as I've sailed through the plan so far and this is my 1st wobble all be it a minor one I am NOT falling off the wagon 8 weeks before my wedding.

On the plus side my work uniform is huge and they are waiting for my new delivery, a manager asked me yesterday if I thought a 12 would fit, that made my day as uniform is renowned for being small.
I have however gone from a 28 jacket to a 18 / 16
Work skirt from a 24 to a 16 ( need a 14 )
Work shirts 28 to a 18 ( big boobies and too self conscious to wear smaller just yet )

All in all a good couple of days since Sunday, long may it continue !

Keep up the good work girls my original motto of slimmer for summer would be true if we were to have a summer !

You have done extremely well, have to say - the end is well and truly in sight now!

What do you intend to do when you finish up on Cambridge? As in, how will you maintain?

angelupnorth said:
Morning all.
Since my craving / hunger for the bars the other day I have avoided them and I am very much looking forward to weigh in. I feel much better not having them ( don't feel the need for food as much ) not sure how long I will last without them as I do enjoy them but I don't want the feeling that goes with them and that for me is a increased hunger.
I'm going to MSG CDC and see if I can change my order for next week ( my fault for getting the order in too soon lol ) I'm sure she will be fine but at the moment I just don't want the temptation of the bars. It's like a compulsion to eat them all
( kind of a binge ) I never go off plan but as the bars are on plan my mind was saying just eat them and it will be ok. The consequences could have been awful due to the carb content I would have been out of ketosis ( I think ) and do it once and the temptation would always be there in my opinion.
I'm not one that has a " cheat " night as in the long run your only cheating yourself so it's not a route I want to go down. It's made me feel very strange as I've sailed through the plan so far and this is my 1st wobble all be it a minor one I am NOT falling off the wagon 8 weeks before my wedding.

On the plus side my work uniform is huge and they are waiting for my new delivery, a manager asked me yesterday if I thought a 12 would fit, that made my day as uniform is renowned for being small.
I have however gone from a 28 jacket to a 18 / 16
Work skirt from a 24 to a 16 ( need a 14 )
Work shirts 28 to a 18 ( big boobies and too self conscious to wear smaller just yet )

All in all a good couple of days since Sunday, long may it continue !

Keep up the good work girls my original motto of slimmer for summer would be true if we were to have a summer !

Hi... I totally agree with u about the bars, they make me feel a lot hungrier by far! And if I get a few of them I end up scoffing them all in 1 go! N then don't have any other products all day!

My CDC said put 1 in the fridge n have a nibble if you get hungry.... Yeh right! Lol a nibble?! If I have a tiny bit of 1 I can't stop b4 it's gone haha

For the past couple of weeks I've bought just 1 to have on weigh day... But I find myself starving all day and the next day! So I've decided not to buy anymore! Not worth the risk lol xx

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5: 12.2 w6:12.0 w7:11.9

So pleased I'm not the only one.
I msgd CDC and she has changed my order for next week.
no bars but 21 tetra.
7 banana
7 chocolate
7 strawberry
Feel better already so shall see what the scales do on Sat morning :)
Carbs have always been my downfall and it may be all in the mind but a week or 2 without them may do me good.
It's strange how our minds work x

I hate the fact I can be one size in one shop yet not in another, drives me mad and this is why I have put off buying new clothes just yet lol.
Well done on your losses, I found that the only way i can have the bars is if i have them in the morning as breakfast as i always seem more hungry in the morning anyway and they fill me up better than a shake in the morning.

Back