Am I the only one?

kellymundy

Gold Member
I've been debating for the last few days as to wether I should buy myself a pair of size 12 jeans (max size I want to be when I'm done) to help motivate me more. I don't mean an expensive pair but just something to try to aim to get into.
I'm currently a size 18 (down from a large 20) and I know i've quite a way to go to get into them but I just know in my heart of hearts that I will be in them by (hopefully) the end of summer.
Has anyone else bought anything like this way before they knew they could fit into them?

Why not buy a cheaper pair from ebay?! I did that!!!

How many sizes to small are they for you?:D
I'm looking at ones in tescos (their sizes are always slightly one the larger side) that are only £5.

i have a size 16 jeans here and its a laugh they dont even close on me at all haha you should see me actually its prob not a good sight.

I would say get them great motivation. Im in a 24 now so only 4more dress sizes to go i was in a 26 :(

Hiya

I used to do something similar, whenever I went down to the next size say 16, I also used to buy something in a 14 as my next target to aim for, it can be really motivational trying it each week and feeling it beginning to fit a little better!

Gx

Its exactly what I have done too.....I'm now a roomy size 18 after being a size 20 and have just ordered a pair of size 16 jeans.........I don't care if I only wear them for a month or so, (sounds frivolous I know) I just want that motivation to hand......

Its hard trying to guestimate what size we will be at a certain weight and I think actually having the size there is a little more incentive....if that makes any sense.....
Once my size 16's fit me then I'll order a pair of 14's....same principle as Porgeous said......

(Can't beleive I just said that I would order a pair of 14's - wowsers...can't remember a time when I bought a pair of size 14's - I think I'll cry when I try them on! :))

All I will say is, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, try not to try them on every day or week........maybe try them on once a fortnight and then you will feel more of a difference.....I suppose its the same thoughts as not weighing every day....(even though I do...sssshhhhh!):)

Hi!

This is a good idea I think. I am a size 20 now and I can't wait to fit into my size 18 jeans!

If you think that it will motivate you, I say go for it! it is only £5.

Elie xx

I did just that - bought a really nice skirt and top in a 24 when I was still in a 28! I try it on regularly and can now do it up - but it is still a bit too tight.

I was quite gutted last weekend when I saw it reduced to half price in the sale though and wondered if it was worth it. I am now scouring ebay for suitable clothes!!
x

Do it! Such a good motivation. Just buy stuff from a sale. Having that tangible proof makes you realize how much you are losing. The problem with this diet is that it can take time for your brain to catch up with your body!!
Also get rid of all clothes that are too big for you. It really helps.
Ceri

Back