Am i too fat for rides at alton towers :(

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by sophie_mk, 16 May 2011 Social URL.

1. sophie_mk

sophie_mk Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi,
    I really want to go to Alton towers with my boyfriend but i am terrified of being told i am too fat to fit on the rides. :eek:
    I am a size 22 - can anyone tell me what to expect... should be looking forward to it, but I am worried sick about being humiliated.
    xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    Don't worry about it. I have been at a size 20 and all was fine. They have lots of adjustable bars etc, so they come down as far as they need to for you (I always wonder what would happen if I was with someone really skinny on the rides where there is one bar for two people, would they just fall out if they were sat next to me).

Enjoy your day, and really don't worry about it.

4. Mammacass24

Mammacass24 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(12.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatcher ProPoints
    I remember reading somewhere someone asking the same question. She emailed Alton Towers and they advised. Can't remember what the answer was though - sorry x

5. Charlotte-Eve

Charlotte-Eve x It's my year to shine x

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.4lb(18.16%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    On the big rides, they always used to have the seats at the beginning of the queue that you can try out - If it's playing on your mind you could always give that a go first? I was a size 18-20 last time I went to Alton Towers and I was fine - and there were men and women larger than me who fit in the seats without any problems. I'm sure you'll be fine, and don't feel like you'll be humiliated as it'll ruin your day xx

6. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    I think it all sort of depends where you hold your weight really hon. I've not been to Alton Towers since I was really heavy but now I'm a size 16 I'm worried I'll still not get on the rides when I go to Florida. I'm very 'chest heavy' and am worried I'm still going to have the same problem even though I've lost 4 stone!!

But then I panic about every bloody thing. ;)

7. jlt

jlt Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi I was a size 20 (5ft 10) and have a big chest (36gg) and hold my weight at stomach, hips and thighs. I fitted perfectly fine in all the rides in Florida ( Disney, universal, seaworld etc)! Id imagine Alton towers would be similar in terms of ride size xxx

8. sarah1274

sarah1274 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I did thorpe park many years ago at a size 20, 7 months pregnant and still made it on all the rides although was advised not to go on some cause of my condition, but I still did!! but yes I was fine.xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.