Am I weird???

stokegal

Silver Member
OMG - I just tasted cottage cheese - how lush!!!

I had a mouthful to see what it was like as I plan to have it for dinner tonight and it was only asda smartprice but it was proper yummy. Call me weird for this discovery but I've never tasted cottge cheese before :p

Personally I hate it! Yuck. But no, you're not weird!

Cottage Cheese is lovely yes... but for me I love it on jacket potatoes.. and so I cannot have any yet haha aww :(

I did have it on a giant mushroom thing, grilled, that was quite nice. That was when I was on the 1000 step. The thing is I think our tastes change doing CD, things we didn't like before, we now do and appreciate more! For me anyway. I actually really like salad now!

Hahaha...........cottage cheese a dieters nightmare.....I like it personally. I have to agree with Lancslass (Mandy)....Langley Farm FF is one of the better cottage cheeses :D

The Langley Farm cottage cheese is reduced at Asda at the moment - I can't remember how much I just saw it next to the smartprice - I only bought the smartprice in case I didn't like it bt it's yummy!!! I cn't wait for dinner tonight, tuna, cottage cheese and lettuce - yum!!! I can't believe I'm saying yum to that - 2 weeks ago it would have sounded like my worst nightmare bt it's funny how CD changes you :)

I like cottage cheese too! You've got me thinking about adding different herbs to it now too. I really like it with pineapple in it.

Haha I love it too, the Longley Farm stuff is the best by far, I alway think it tastes amazing with some chilli flakes and black pepper stired in too. mmmmm

Good tip to put a bit of black pepper on cottage cheese, isn't it funny that sometimes we never think of the obvious. Although I used to buy the cc with added pineapple or chives so perhaps thats why I didn't think of enlivening it.

Yes, I love cottage cheese, I just think the secret is to not have something too often or boredome sets in.
But its great to read the enthusiasm people are feeling for low-fat and healthy foods. If only we had ate this way in the past lol (says the chocaholic champion of East London) x

I agree it is lovely and low fat, did not eat too much of it before which is probably why i'm here.

Plus I remember snaking on it at the top of the malverns last time I did CD as a quick and easy protein fix after a hard walk.

mmmm looking forward to having food again.

I agree it is lovely and low fat, did not eat too much of it before which is probably why i'm here.

Plus I remember snaking on it at the top of the malverns last time I did CD as a quick and easy protein fix after a hard walk.

cottage cheese

Lurrrve it and have it with cauliflower to make a kind of cauliflower cheese. Also nice if you add cury powder to it, it tastes like a coronation sauce. I can't wait to try it with pineapple when I go up the plans.

Well I tried the Longley Farm type like you all suggested... but tbh I prefered the Asda Value brand, each to their own I guess. Thanks everyone for your great ideas - black pepper in it is just yummy - I'm going to try it with curry powder sometime this week too

Stokegal

Back