Am on Exante, wanted to move over to Atkins!

Divalicious

Silver Member
Hello people,
I have lost weight on Exante, a VLCD. I love meat and was wondering what the loses here are like and how Atkins work, please? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks x

You have done so well so far ,well done .You need someone to reply who came from LL or CD to help and guide you. It takes about a week to understand it all if not longer so get your preparation ready while still on Exante ........... most of the experts are on a meet in brum ...... you'll have to give them till mon/tues to get over their alcohol indulgences !!! xx

Hey my love,

I came from CD to Atkins. I only did 2 weeks on CD though....as I just couldnt hack not eating! My advice would be read the book and make notes!!!!. Also, make sure that atleast 15grams of your daily 20grams of carbs is coming from greens and not extra cheese/cream and low carb products etc. I have not met anyone that has not put on weight in the first 1-2 weeks after coming off such an extreme diet (I know that sounds scary...sorry). So maybe weigh yourself after 2 weeks so your body has time to burn some fat. I am no way near an expert and am making mistakes all the time as I am getting used to it..but if I can help I will!! You have done amazingly by the way!!

Good luck chick x x x

Well done on your fantastic loss, a great achievement, VLCD is a speedy option but by no means easy, so well done.

Im an ex CD'er lost three stone in 2009, and have struggled to maintain, im a serial yo yo dieter, I was so fed up calorie and fat counting it started to rule my life, I could'nt go out for a meal without disecting and calculating the fat - RIDICULOUS behaviour!!

A friend suggested Atkins, her lunch boxes always looked so much more appealing than mine, the food she was eating was all the things I was missing (full fat cheese and mayo salad on a 'diet') :eek:. So I did some research, read the book from cover to cover that was January this year and im 26lbs down and do not feel deprived at all. I do get the odd craving but its nothing compared to VLCD I try to find a low carb substitute.

The most exciting and important point for me is this plan will finally break that yo yo cycle and im so excited about maintaining a my ideal weight and BMI without feeling constantly guilty, that will be a refreshing change!!

I urge you to give Atkins/low carbing a try, you've got not to lose only pounds!!

Good luck x

Hi Diva, as you know I switched about a month ago and to be perfectly honest Im not losing yet. The entire month of February resulted in a loss of 1.1lbs and March isnt looking much better so far.

What it has made me realise is that maintaining isnt going to be a problem at least but as for losing any more weight I think Im going to have to go back to Exante.

What I am currently planning is to alternate a month of Exante with a month of Atkins. That way I know that throughout the month of struggling on vlcd I have a month of delicious food to look forward to which Im hoping will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Hi Diva, as you know I switched about a month ago and to be perfectly honest Im not losing yet. The entire month of February resulted in a loss of 1.1lbs and March isnt looking much better so far.

What it has made me realise is that maintaining isnt going to be a problem at least but as for losing any more weight I think Im going to have to go back to Exante.

What I am currently planning is to alternate a month of Exante with a month of Atkins. That way I know that throughout the month of struggling on vlcd I have a month of delicious food to look forward to which Im hoping will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Hmmm very interesting Joanne.... I might just have to Exante it for 3 more months then come over to Atkins to maintain. Come back to exante and we get the lbs off in time for summer.

Hi darling. I lost 3 stone on lipotrim, stopped doing it, over the space of 2 months put on nearly stone, aarrgghhh..... then maintained this for a month.

I tried to get back onto the lipotrim, but could not stick to it, so came here to atkins. It is great, but I am only just starting to lose. Not sure if that is because I was not doing it right or if it is my body still confused after losing and gaining. I am not doing the induction, although I think I should really.

You have done really well, but remember that you will more than likely put a 'little' weight on whichever plan you choose, sorry.

I only managed a day on CD so I can't comment here :D

JoanneM, hi, can I just say that I did lipotrim for 10 days and lost 14lbs, but could not hack the shakes. I switched over to Atkins and lost 3lbs in 6 weeks, was gutted.... read the book inside out but nothing would budge my weight. I have a friend who did the Dukan diet, again I did some research, bought the book and have lost 7lbs in a week... I loved atkins, but I dnt think my body liked it! The Dukan is similar except its low fat. Semi skimmed milk, cottage cheese, yogurts, etc! Its tougher than atkins I would say but its working for me at last!! Sarah x

Last edited:
JoanneM, hi, can I just say that I did lipotrim for 10 days and lost 14lbs, but could not hack the shakes. I switched over to Atkins and lost 3lbs in 6 weeks, was gutted.... read the book inside out but nothing would budge my weight. I have a friend who did the Dukan diet, again I did some research, bought the book and have lost 7lbs in a week... I loved atkins, but I dnt think my body liked it! The Dukan is similar except its low fat. Semi skimmed milk, cottage cheese, yogurts, etc! Its tougher than atkins I would say but its working for me at last!! Sarah x

You`ve just scared me more, will stick to what I know then. I`m too far from my goal to not lose weight. Will check out Dukan just for curiositys` sake. Exante it is then:)...

Hi darling. I lost 3 stone on lipotrim, stopped doing it, over the space of 2 months put on nearly stone, aarrgghhh..... then maintained this for a month.

I tried to get back onto the lipotrim, but could not stick to it, so came here to atkins. It is great, but I am only just starting to lose. Not sure if that is because I was not doing it right or if it is my body still confused after losing and gaining. I am not doing the induction, although I think I should really.

You have done really well, but remember that you will more than likely put a 'little' weight on whichever plan you choose, sorry.

I know what you mean:(... Good luck in finding a way that works.... Maybe you should do that induction x

Thanks Sarah. Its definitely something to consider.

Diva Im coming back to Exante tomorrow although I may give WS a go for a while. Will see how I cope though.

Back