am totally scunnered

osanago

Hi all, I have been TS 100% since I started this & still have about 5 pounds to lose before I am at ideal weight, only problem is the scales have totally stalled (a week and a half), I am totally bloated all the time & am getting grumpier by the day, my stomach has been terrible and I feel sorry for my poor husband as quite frankly the house reeks, this has been going on for the last few weeks, I have only lost 13 pounds in total and I am into my 6th week on Monday! Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I drink 4 litres of water a day & have 2 soups & a bar, drink only black coffee & have 1 or maximum 2 teaspoons of bullion a day. Have started taking psyllium husks to try & deal with the horrid stomach but only started this yesterday & have seen no evidence of change. Help! Em xx

Oooh dear, sounds like you're really suffering there!
Do you think you're constipated, and that's what's causing the bloating?
If so, don't start the psyllium husks right away. They're only useful if you're not already bunged up....if you are bunged up then you need to clear it first.
Try something like Senokot, Dulcolax, or Dulcolax Pico Perles (which are my laxatives of choice, as they're nice and gentle but effective). After that, start your husks again to stay regular.

Other than that, it sounds like you're doing everything right so hang in there! Things will show down when you're near to goal, and a lot of people say that the last few pounds can be stubborn.

Hope you feel better soon
x

Thanks Alex, not sure if I am constipated, you eat so little actual food on this diet, it is hard to tell! But I will take your advice & get something else I never realised the psyllium husks might make matters worse! Thanks again, Em xx

So what is scunnered?

Belle

Fed up/ p'd off

One of my most used words lol

Thanks Starlight. I was imagining something else entirely!!

Belle

It's be a dialect thing , scundered here means embarrassed, although if you are partfing the house out you could be scundered that way too lol

6 lost : 61 to goal

Yes that about sums it up, although the embarrassing quota has eased off a bit as I think he is getting used to it now as the gas mask jokes appear to have eased off in the last week or so!!! :p
Em xx

Back