am worried now :(

amethyst

Banned
GOt horrible scabs on tops of my legs from previous boils, and still got loads of black heads that wont shift, most skin has grown over :(

been exfoliating every day but its not shifting...

off abroad in few weeks, happy with weight loss so far, but not happy with these scabs :( what about swimming? :(

would hydrocortisone cream help at all?

am desperate

Go to Gp hun and find out exactly what it is before using steroid cream. I know it can actually make acne worse.
Hope you sort it out before hols. Although a bit of sun can help

I have to use this cream on my daughter for exema i would go with aly's advice and go to the doctor. That cream is very strong and can actually thin the blood out.

becky xx

omg go to the doctor? i been going there for the pa st 6 years with no joy.. all i get are antibiotics and hibbi scrub lol..

i registered with new doc in leicester but in wales at the moment..

nothing they can do though surely? apart from operate?

i am discusted to be honest....

t shirt wont even cover them.... am ok on the top just the bottom half urghh :(

I get a similar thing on my inner thighs, and all I can say is don't exfoliate, this seems to make mine much worse. I have been using vitamin E cream lately and that has really helped with the scars and redness. I noticed that mine got really bad when I was using a loofah type shower puff so now I don't rub or scrub at all and it's a lot better.

Hi there :D

This thread really interested me -- I've had a similar condition in the past, and was told it was a mild form of something called hidradenitis suppurativa.

Luckily, mine didn't get too bad. I had it on my inner thighs too. Apparently being overweight and smoking can make it worse. :( To be honest, mine was worst just before TOTM and also if I wore tight knickers :eek:

It cleared up on it's own as fast as it started, but I was left with a couple of scars and was advised that cica care could help with that :)

xx

If this is really bothering you I would suggest you ask your doctor to refer you to see a dermatologist. If the waiting list is too long it may be worth ( if you can afford that is) to pay for one private consultation, probably in the region of £100. They will be able to diagnose why you are having this problem and advise you on the best medication to clear it . They are experts in the skin whereas G.P.'s generalise and often can't help in these matters x

Hi there, you poor thing. I know exactly how it feels to be all spotty and wishing you had beautiful skin, especially with a holiday coming up.

Have you tried Fucidin cream? It worked wonders for me. I think you need to get it on prescription though.

C xxx

I'm with the majority on this one Go To The Docs!!
You're better off using prescribed cream rather than trial & error. Hope you're sorted soon xx

ya know what docs never offered me anything liek that before..

when i get back to leic i shall be making an appointment to discuss this matter...

:)

Hi again, forgot to say that for scarring the best thing around is Bio-oil. My mum had her finger amputated a short while ago and I recomended this for her scar. when she went for her checkup her consultant was amazed at how fast it was fading.
If you use this once the scabs have gone it should limit any scarring.
Hope you get this sorted soon. Good luck

Back