Extra Easy Worried about what I will look like

Hi,

I am 5ft 1in and 10st 10lbs

I have been going to Slimming world for 20 weeks now and have lost just under two and a half stone with them. I have about 17 pounds to go until target. But I am worried that I wont look any slimmer in my legs or stomach even after losing the extra 17 pounds.

I do Zumba once a week, gym once a week and will soon be taking up swimming again. However this is all dependant on when i have time due to the fact I am a single mum and I have a 7 month old son.

Will I look any slimmer in my legs and stomach even if I cant get to gym and everything like that once a week? Also will I have excess skin?

I am really worried that after this weight loss I wont look any different and it will make me feel even worse

Hi and welcome. Your bound to look different after losing so much weight and you will be able to tell and so will others. I think your doing the right thing making time to go to the gym etc and well done on losing so much after just having your son. Thats a fantastic achievement in itself. Keep up the good work the exercise will only help you it will deffo tone you.

I agree with texty. You will look different but it's sometimes hard for you to see yourself. Have you measured yourself? That's a good way to see the difference when its not obvious to you in the mirror.

I lost over 6.5 stone and I was suprised that my skin has shrunk well dispite my age (66) I had visions of layers of skin hanging down but I do aquatone each week and use my bike whenever I can, also walk a lot more. I think the younger you are the better your skin should recover, good luck!

Hi,

I am 5ft 1in and 10st 10lbs

I have been going to Slimming world for 20 weeks now and have lost just under two and a half stone with them. I have about 17 pounds to go until target. But I am worried that I wont look any slimmer in my legs or stomach even after losing the extra 17 pounds.

I do Zumba once a week, gym once a week and will soon be taking up swimming again. However this is all dependant on when i have time due to the fact I am a single mum and I have a 7 month old son.

Will I look any slimmer in my legs and stomach even if I cant get to gym and everything like that once a week? Also will I have excess skin?

I am really worried that after this weight loss I wont look any different and it will make me feel even worse

I'm a similar height to yourself and have been anything from 9 stone odd to 12 stone odd. I have always had the same 'shape' regardless of what I weigh, in that I've had broad shoulders, small waist (not sure it will be the case anymore after this baby!), big bum and big thighs. It's just when I weigh less I'm thinner but I still have the same proportions if that makes sense!

It's hard to tell when you're losing weight cos you will lose it from differernt places quicker than others. But you will lose it from all over and once you reach target your body will settle down.

Hi. I'm 5ft and I'm now at target - for over a year now and I felt like you. I have Been 5stone heavier than I am now and up to a size 18 . I'm now a 6-8!!! I used to slim down to a 12 and stayed there for years so when I did loose the last bit and people told me I looked great I didn't think I looked any different. I'm in my late 40s and even tho everything is going south anyway I haven't got masses of extra skin. But when you get to your target you will eventually get your head round it and realise that you are different and you do look good! Listen to those wonderful comments and soak them up cos with all the hard work you deserve them

Back