Amazing Day

oxfordruse

This Time It's Personal!
Went for a job interview for administrator at the NHS this morning. I've been trying to crack the NHS for months to no avail and this was the first time I'd got to interview stage.

Thought it went well - they said they'd let me know either way this afternoon.

Commiserated with my CDC when I met her later on because it was 4pm by then and I hadn't heard, so obviously I didn't get it.

Then all at once: I found out I'd lost another four pounds in six days, and within an hour of that, got a call offering me the job!

Subject to satisfactory references, CRB and medical clearance. Grr. Thanks to CD I'm not worried about the last one, and my CRB should come back saying I'm a saint. But one of my reference contacts worries me ever so slightly.

Still... positive thinking! Seven weeks ago I launched into VLCDing with optimistic gusto. And now I'm 53lbs down. So I'm going to envision myself sitting at my desk in this new job and it's darn well going to happen!

A celebratory caramel bar awaits. :drool:

congratulations , well done you!

Well done on both!! Your right the NHS is difficult to get into but once your in there its plain sailing! :character00180:

debs x

Well done xx

congrats! tell me about the NHS! god, i've recently god a job as an Ambulance Care Assistant, and just had all my medicals etc and CRB etc etc, but its a job for life, apparently the pension scheme is very good and im only 20 years old so ill have a huge pension hopefully lol xx

Went for a job interview for administrator at the NHS this morning. I've been trying to crack the NHS for months to no avail and this was the first time I'd got to interview stage.

Thought it went well - they said they'd let me know either way this afternoon.

Commiserated with my CDC when I met her later on because it was 4pm by then and I hadn't heard, so obviously I didn't get it.

Then all at once: I found out I'd lost another four pounds in six days, and within an hour of that, got a call offering me the job!

Subject to satisfactory references, CRB and medical clearance. Grr. Thanks to CD I'm not worried about the last one, and my CRB should come back saying I'm a saint. But one of my reference contacts worries me ever so slightly.

Still... positive thinking! Seven weeks ago I launched into VLCDing with optimistic gusto. And now I'm 53lbs down. So I'm going to envision myself sitting at my desk in this new job and it's darn well going to happen!

A celebratory caramel bar awaits. :drool:

Congratulations!!! enjoy the bar and the new job.

Your weight loss is amazing and has just cheered me and spurred me on so thanks again!!!

Congratualtions to you. You must be really happy, well done on the four pounds of aswell. your doing excellent ;)

x x

What a great day - forget the chocolate - we know how much you liked the mousse - endulge lol

Congratulations on the weight loss and your New Job!!!:happy096:

:talk017::talk017:

Love Mini xxx

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! And linznel... I've totally made myself sick of the mousse already. Typical.

congrats! tell me about the NHS! god, i've recently god a job as an Ambulance Care Assistant, and just had all my medicals etc and CRB etc etc, but its a job for life, apparently the pension scheme is very good and im only 20 years old so ill have a huge pension hopefully lol xx

Oh, God. Precisely! I used to work at the Council so I've grown accustomed to the security and benefits of the public sector!

But, agh, pensions! I've got four years on you but I can't stand to think about them!

congrats to you,you have had a great day by my reckoning,
elaine x

What great news, all in one day, well done on your huge weight loss too. Sure the reference will be fine and you'll be in your dream job before long!!

Huge congratumalations to you! On all fronts :D x

Wow!! Well done, what a great day!!!:D Can you send me some positive vibes from your success!?!:) I had an interview yesterday for a job i really want - so here's hoping;)

Back