Today is a new day... Part 2

Congrats again! !! :D NYC sounded amazing!!

Sounds like you've got your SW mojo back xx

Lol Emma, we are both super broody, but not getting bogged down with it just yet. As newlyweds we are having fun practising and will wait n see what happens ;)

Thanks Kitty, NYC was amazeballs, can't wait to go back!! And I'm definitely getting back on track with sw, in the back of my mind I know moving to Cyprus equals strutting about with less clothes on so unless I do get pregnant I do not intend to go gaining any more weight!!

Today's food so far:

Brunch - magic pancakes (heb) banana, grapes, clementine, pineapple, ff yog
Snack - apple, pink'n'white (2.5)
T - I've got a lamb rogan josh in the slow cooker (3.5 total) serve with rice and maybe more veggies and salad

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I ended up having a little glass of wine last night so used up a few more syns. I poured a whole glass but actually only drunk about half of it...

Today has been fine so far:

Brunch - banana, clementine, ff yog, toast (heb&2) fried egg
snack - 2x crispbread (3) with cottage cheese

Going out for dinner tonight with a couple of friends... It was supposed to be a surprise engagement dinner for another friend but she cancelled at the last minute!! So it's just me and a couple of friends now in not such a fancy restaurant! Looking forward to seeing some friends I haven't seen since I got married. Husband has gone out to play pool with some of his mates.

Going to have a couple of drinks, but not too much, back to WI tomorrow so not going with a hangover!! Hoping that my gain won't be too much, I think I've done very well the last couple of weeks, apart from alcohol!!!

Fingers crossed xxx

Good Luck with WI!
Hope you had fun with your pals last night xxx

Thanks Hun, I gained 1.5lb so I'm happy with that. I remember the days when going on holiday meant gaining half a stone. It's nice to feel in control :)

I had a nice time last night with my friends, but I'll admit it was a bit strange. I was with a gay couple and one of my best mates and her bf. The guys were all over me about the wedding and New York etc, asking loads of questions, but my other mate was a bit quiet. She passed comment to her bf that they could never run away and get married cos his Mum wouldn't be happy which he denied. I didn't expect to come home with such exciting news and feel like I didn't want to bring it up in conversation, but I did feel like that last night. The guys were the only ones who seemed really interested in the details.

I had a chat with Rory about it this morning and it really made me think she might be a bit jealous. She's a proper tomboy, so I can't imagine she's ever dreamt of the big white wedding like our other friend is currently arranging. Running away to get married abroad sounds like something she might do... Have I now stolen her thunder?

Rory has had nothing but positivity and excitement from all his friends and family, I feel like I'm letting the side down. Even my family don't seem that fussed if I'm honest. We were talking about all the cards and stuff we have received and we have loads more from his side than mine. I know it's not about sides etc but I am a bit hurt by the lack of response from people in my life... I'm just so happy to be starting my own little family with my husband. If we are lucky enough to have kids of our own one day I will never let them doubt how much I love them.

Sorry... Tangent... I can't wait to go to Cyprus, we should have it in writing soon so it will become real... New start, married life in the sun, hopefully lots of new friends and a happy ever after :)

xxx

so sorry that you feel like that. I know its not about sides and whatnot but its nice to have people who treasure you get all excited and giddy like you've been. Maybe they're just sad they missed out? That would make sense!
Anyhoo you have ALL OF US who still cannot get over it all! I do not know how you managed to keep it all secret.

I know you've got to save your pennies for whatever the future may hold but perhaps you could host a little engagement/marriage celebration so that you and everyone else can digest whats just happened? I'd get everyone to meet at the local, bung a couple of balloons up and (receive more cards and gifts!!!)

Jealousy is a funny thing. And a feeling that people are ashamed of too. So I suggest be understanding re: others. You are so lucky to finally have it all come together, and I suppose for some they can't see a light at the end of the tunnel and can therefore become a little huffy. Hold on to what you have with both hands because I feel that you're only just at the beginning of this mahoosive whirlwind!!!

Loads of love xxxx

Thanks for that Kimberley, my husband and I both know how lucky we are;) I understand it might be difficult for others if they aren't in such a good place... Oh well... The excitement is pretty much over now anyway!! We are still contemplating if we can have a big party, but the logistics aren't promising.

Glad today is my Friday, back at work and I'm knackered and feel like I haven't achieved anything all week!! Had to get up at 4.30am this morning to drive my husband to the airport to go to a stag weekend, I don't even want to know the gory details, just hope he comes back in one piece!

SW wise, I've struggled a bit this week. I have found it a bit harder to resist things when Rory is cooking... I haven't really gone over my syns, but I haven't always been having my superfree etc and just feel a bit sluggish with it. We get our new oven delivered today so I'm hoping that will inspire me to cook some yummy food over the weekend. And with Rory being away, I can eat more veggies and salad and cut back on meat!!

Roll on 5pm... Or maybe 4pm if the boss is feeling generous, this is my Friday after all, ignoring that I've just had 3 weeks off...x x

Didn't go to WI today. Ended up drinking wine with a friend last night n have had the worst hangover ever all day. Only beginning to feel human again now :(

Fighting the urge to go to Burger King which is right down the street. I have food in the house and I know what I want to eat but the thought of spending time on preparation isn't appealing.

Have just eaten some leftover crisps in the hope they will give me the energy to cook...

I did resist BK. However I found a pizza in the freezer... Once it was cooked tho I could barely face it!! So I ate a couple slices then went to bed.

Feeling much better today thankfully and ready to face it. Back on plan 100%, no messing about! Rory comes home tonight so no distractions til then :) xxx

I did resist BK. However I found a pizza in the freezer... Once it was cooked tho I could barely face it!! So I ate a couple slices then went to bed. Feeling much better today thankfully and ready to face it. Back on plan 100%, no messing about! Rory comes home tonight so no distractions til then :) xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done! Gosh you're up early!! X

Lol that was because I slept most of yesterday and went to bed at 9.30!!

Wide awake and trying to get on with jobs today so we can chill out tomorrow big all I want to do is sit in the sun...

xx

Hey Married Mave!!! Where are you chica?

Hey Pinkie

Not been around much, really struggling to be on plan, my husband makes super tasty food with lots of syns and we keep being lazy and eating out so I feel guilty trying to post on here!!

Luckily, so far I haven't gained but I'm sure if I continue I soon will!!

What about you? Are you back on track? Will go in search of your thread... ;)

xxx

My other half makes fantastic food as well as he is a qualified chef. Luckily though he is trying to lose weight as instructed by the doctor and is following the plan with me. When he is in before me or if we are both off then he does the main cooking. We plan our main course dinners for a month from the magazines and recipe books and also some we have found on minis and then stick to it - we have a list of meals we are going to have but decide the night before which one to actually make - usually make enough for 2 meals so eat one and freeze one for when we are in a hurry.

Have you suggested to your husband that he tries some SW recipes?

Give him his due, my husband is really good when I ask him nicely. But quite often the temptation is just let his flair in the kitchen go wild!!

I try to stay on plan at breakfast and lunch every day and I don't really snack so hopefully it's damage limitation!!

Xxx

Nah, haven't done anything just yet. We have so much else going on just now getting us and our house organised for the move all I ever want to do is collapse at the end of the day!!

I'm sure once I'm living in the sun wanting to wear tiny clothes that'll motivate me ;) xx

Back