amazing 'ice cream'

gemma_

Silver Member
i've started to freezer muller lite yogurts :rolleyes:my boyfriend told me to as i wanted an ice lolly and he said why dont i put mullerlite in a lolly maker so i did and was pure yummy esp with weather..

ive also froze it in a small bowl left it 2 thaw for few mins and tipped upside down on a plate with few strwberries was yummy..

totally free

Sorry if im a bit posting this as im sure been discovered before now ....

I might give it another go, i didnt like it last time, but il try it with some fruit on the side too and see what i think! xx

its not as nice as ice cream lol.. if u compare it your disapointed but hey im new to it and was a qick fix LOL

And more to the point, its free, so anything is worth a try!!! Im sure it will be nice. I never let mine thaw last time so it was like rock! xx

If you like Ice cream you should really invest in an ice cream maker. They are great for making syn free 'ice cream' in! This is how I do it! Take a tub of quark and add a couple of pots of muller light, (toffee is a great flavour, you can add a little sweetener to take away the yoghurty taste a little too if you like), mix it all together and then bung it all in the ice cream maker, takes about 15 minutes to make it like whippy ice cream. When it is just about ready you can crush up a few malteasers to mix in, or if you are making strawberry ice cream, maybe throw in some chopped up strawberries and crushed meringue! Enjoy!

omg i need ice cream maker after reading this sounds like can get some healthy ting in2 kids this way too :)

Have just bought an ice-cream maker, so dug out the Quark, a couple of 'New York style cheesecake' Muller Lights and a couple of teaspoons of Truvia.....pretty much Syn-Free Ice-Quark on its way!

Have been chucking in a pot of Onken or Yeo Valley Fat-Free yoghurts so far, but I know they have 5 or 6 Syns per pot. Will be interested to see how this turns out :)

Thanks for the idea, freckles!

So glad MisterQ dug this one up - I put my ice cream maker away when I started slimming world, will have to dig it out and dust it off this weekend! Exciting! X

If you like Ice cream you should really invest in an ice cream maker. They are great for making syn free 'ice cream' in! This is how I do it! Take a tub of quark and add a couple of pots of muller light, (toffee is a great flavour, you can add a little sweetener to take away the yoghurty taste a little too if you like), mix it all together and then bung it all in the ice cream maker, takes about 15 minutes to make it like whippy ice cream. When it is just about ready you can crush up a few malteasers to mix in, or if you are making strawberry ice cream, maybe throw in some chopped up strawberries and crushed meringue! Enjoy!

This sounds amazing , will definetly need to get an ice cream maker before Summer hits , whenever that is lol

Cheers KatD90 - hope it goes well!

Have to say, my 1st attempt at ice-quark was pretty darn good. 227g pot of quark, 2xmuller lights, 2 teaspoons of Truvia and ('cos I was using NY Cheesecake yoghurt) 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Slight tang, which was fine, but would suggest an extra spoon of sweetner, if the tang is unwanted...or another Muller Light!

If you taste the mix beforehand and it isn't that sweet, bear in mind that it will lose sweetness as part of the freezing process. Trial and error and personal taste will find the prefect balance.

Might throw in some lemon zest next time, too.

MisterQ said:
Cheers KatD90 - hope it goes well!

Have to say, my 1st attempt at ice-quark was pretty darn good. 227g pot of quark, 2xmuller lights, 2 teaspoons of Truvia and ('cos I was using NY Cheesecake yoghurt) 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Slight tang, which was fine, but would suggest an extra spoon of sweetner, if the tang is unwanted...or another Muller Light!

If you taste the mix beforehand and it isn't that sweet, bear in mind that it will lose sweetness as part of the freezing process. Trial and error and personal taste will find the prefect balance.

Might throw in some lemon zest next time, too.

Going to try this. Got my ice cream maker yesterday and made some with , yum! Not a fan of Muller Light but going to try them with quark.

Bought myself an electric ice cream maker on good ol' ebay o £9.99 . I hope it works !!
Oh i wanted to ask, can i use the greek style yoghurt for this instead of muller ?

Hi yoyonomore2012 - should be fine with greek yoghurt. Not tried it myself, but am sure it will still freeze up well :)

We're on holiday in France and I've just bought an ice cream maker in Lidl's. Can't wait to try out some of the low syn ideas on here. Will have to wait til we go home at the end of the month though, because the freezer on our boat is minute and isn't big enough to hold the ice cream maker container.

imagejpeg

Had to send it back , it was rubbish . So no icecream for me yet !!!

We're on holiday in France and I've just bought an ice cream maker in Lidl's. Can't wait to try out some of the low syn ideas on here. Will have to wait til we go home at the end of the month though, because the freezer on our boat is minute and isn't big enough to hold the ice cream maker container.

imagejpeg

Hi i have seen the ice cream maker from lidl . Is it any good ?

Back