ice cream recipe needed

cruisedolly

I would like a recipe to make some tasty ice cream. I don't want to use Muller Yogurts - at the moment I am making my own natural yogurt. Also don't want to use a recipe that uses raw eggs. I have one of those electric ice cream makers where you put the bowl in the freezer overnight and it makes instant ice cream - but struggling to find some healthy recipes.

cruisedolly said:
I would like a recipe to make some tasty ice cream. I don't want to use Muller Yogurts - at the moment I am making my own natural yogurt. Also don't want to use a recipe that uses raw eggs. I have one of those electric ice cream makers where you put the bowl in the freezer overnight and it makes instant ice cream - but struggling to find some healthy recipes.

You should be able to use any yogurts-not just muller-and just syn accordingly

You could use sugar free angel delight and freeze. if you use the milk as a healthy extra, it shouldn't be too high in syns (i think)

Thanks both, as I said I am making my own home made natural yogurt at the moment, and don't really want to go out and buy yogurt and just make a frozen yogurt. Sorry but can't stand angel delights or any of those option type things - they just taste of chemicals to me. I prefer to use "normal" ingredients if possible. Just hoping that somebody has some good ideas.

cruisedolly said:
Thanks both, as I said I am making my own home made natural yogurt at the moment, and don't really want to go out and buy yogurt and just make a frozen yogurt. Sorry but can't stand angel delights or any of those option type things - they just taste of chemicals to me. I prefer to use "normal" ingredients if possible. Just hoping that somebody has some good ideas.

Why not just use your homemade yogurt then :confused:

Why not just use your homemade yogurt then :confused:

As I said in my original post - I don't just want frozen yogurt, I want to make something that tastes like ice cream. I have been thinking of making low fat custard into ice cream and see what this is like. Just hoped that somebody on here had a good recipe as I don't want to waste ingredients experimenting.

cruisedolly said:

cruisedolly said:
As I said in my original post - I don't just want frozen yogurt, I want to make something that tastes like ice cream. I have been thinking of making low fat custard into ice cream and see what this is like. Just hoped that somebody on here had a good recipe as I don't want to waste ingredients experimenting.

Sorry-my mistake, I can't see where it says in here about not wanting frozen yogurt tho! Hey ho! Why not google ice cream recipes-the BBC website normally has lots of yummy recipes-and then just adapt it-ie skimmed instead of semi etc :) HTH

ok, had a good google and it seems that all the best ice cream recipes use cream or full fat milk. Have found this one which I will try and will replace the sugar with splenda. Trouble is if I added fruit I would have to syn it because it would be pureed. Trying to steer clear of artificial sweeteners and flavourings.

Low fat vanilla ice cream
500ml skimmed milk
50g caster sugar
75ml dried skimmed milk powder
2.5ml vanilla essence
Place the milk and sugar into a
saucepan , sprinkle the dried milk
powder over the top. Place over a
low heat and stir until both the
sugar and milk powder are
dissolved, being careful not to let
the mixture boil. Remove from