Amelia's Slim Pickings

missamelia

Posting here seems somehow familiar. Being on a VLCD and blogging about it isn't new to me - in 2009 I lost 10 stone in 7.5 months doing Lighterlife. In what will be a familiar story over the past two and a half years I've gained 85% of the weight I lost. I want to get back to being able to buy outfits from pretty much any clothes shop, do any activity I feel the urge to without checking for weight limits or equipment sizes, fit back in the bags of too-small clothes I now have in storage and get fit again.

As I don't feel like I need, or want, to attend a weekly group anymore I plumped for Exante as the VLCD solution for me. This time I want to lose around 6.5 stone, which is less than my previous VLCD loss because I'm starting lighter but also felt I went too light last time. That gave me a great excuse to gain weight, and I never really stopped. This time I want to be under 14 stone (as that'll mean I can go horse riding at most stables, which I love), and around a size 16.

There's another big difference in my starting position now, and before. Last time I was really unhappy with my life in general. This time my life's pretty damn good - I've got a lovely boyfriend who I've been with for over a year, a fab group of friends, and an active social life. The one thing I want to change now is my weight. That should mean I don't fall into a confused hole like last time, when I found that I was slim but rather than all my problems being sorted it was just the same, just I was slim with issues. I do, however, have a few different things to deal with this time. Rather than having a flat devoid of food I'll still buy and cook for my partner. I don't think that'll be a bad thing in some ways - being around food in a detached and objective fashion while I lose weight can only be a plus where eventual maintenance is concerned.

My ideal time frame is less than 20 weeks, thought I'm not sure that'll be possible. I've got a weekend away at the end of August that I don't want to be on a VLCD for - whilst I'm happy for other holidays to stay abstinent, for that particular one I don't want to be. Fingers crossed I'll be done, if not I'll take a planned break for the long weekend.

Once I've lost over 2 stone I'm going to start jogging... again. I got really quite fit after losing weight last time, doing a few adventure races and trail runs of over 20km. I'd like to get back to being fit but in a way that's a bit more balanced, as last time I regularly spend 3-4 hours a day exercising, which was never particularly sustainable. Looking at my weight records, it actually made little difference to my weight gain. I gained weight steadily over the years regardless of whether I was exercising like a nutter or being a couch potato. I'm quite relieved that there's no pressure to go back to my mad schedule!

Anyway, one things for sure and that's that there'll be plenty of waffle on this thread as I go on.

Amelia

Ahhh Good Luck and welcome Amelia :hug99: xx

Wow! You did fab on LL and congrats on getting back into wanting to lose it again!

:welcome: Amelia, you've come to the right place! This group is superb if a tad nuts ;) hehe. I'll enjoy reading your progress! Well done for taking the plunge xx

Hi Amelia :) Enjoy being back in control! Good luck with your 20 week goal. I too did LL in 09 and think I remember you from another forum. You did amazingly then and you will do it again! x

Thanks all :) Day 1's going well... hungry and hint of a headache but that's to be expected! But I can't wait to get the weight back off :D

Well, Day 4 is here and things are going well. The scales obviously fluctuate but are showing a loss of ~7lbs which is pretty good in 4 days (hoorah for water loss, lol!). I'm actually feeling better than I thought I would, but having a 4 day weekend has definitely influenced that - it's back in the office tomorrow which will be harder. My boyfriend has been busy eating, but that actually doesn't seem to bother me too much, I just make a cup of veg bouillion if he's having something particularly yummy!

I've also promised myself once I get to my target size I'm going to spend some money sorting my wardrobe out, not only so I feel good but as a real marker in the sand that I have reached the weight at which I'm determined to stay. Last time, because I lost more than I wanted to and purposefully gained some weight, I never actually got to a weight and decided that was "officially" where I was going to maintain, which was something of a mistake.

Being back on a VLCD feels great mentally, I'm so pleased to be back in control of my weight and my life. It felt before like I was almost just accepting being fat forever - I mean I'd lost 10 stone and then regained most of it -then I realised that I could just do it again. Well, the weight loss bit rather than the regain! It's not failure to go back on a VLCD, and it was not the VLCD's fault that I regained the weight, that was my fault and I'm sure would have happened however I lost the weight initially. It would be a failure to just accept it and do nothing given it was adversely effecting my life.

At least this time I don't have a gallbladder, so no gallstone side effects to worry about :)

Back