Amy's weight loss diary

AmyB88

Hi Everyone,

Today is my last day of food as I'm going to my local chemist tonight for the consultation ready to start Lipotrim. I've heard really good reviews about this diet from my friend and having tried every single diet under the sun I think this is the only one left for me to try! My husband is on tour with the army at the moment and is due home for R&R in about 4 weeks. I'm hoping to lose as much weight as possible by then and about 2 stone in total.

My friend has warned me about how hard I will find it but I'm determined to stick to it just to see my husband's face when he steps off of the plane.

I will check in and update you as to how I am getting on. I'm hoping that by keeping a diary I'll be able to keep motivated and stick to this plan until I reach my target.

Any hints or tips would be much appreciated xx

Day 1 done and I'm doing ok so far. I've spread my shakes out over the day and had loads of water. The thought of food seems to be harder than the hunger but hopefully this will pass.

One of my clients came into work with two HUGE boxes of Thorntons chocolates as a thank you gift for Christmas, I haven't so much as sniffed them but handed them over to my colleagues and asked that they eat them as quickly as possible. I can't bear knowing they're there but I can't have one. I just keep thinking of how I want to look when my hubby steps off that plane, hopefully that will be enough to keep me going.

Hope you are all doing well :) xxx

Well done for getting through day 1 and your husband is going to have a hot chick on his hands when he gets home lol!

Lol I certainly hope so. It will be hard sticking to it over Christmas but apart from Christmas Day and New Year's Eve I'm determined to be 100% xx

Good for you! I'm attempting to go 100% throughout. Not keen on having to get 'back on the wagon' again x x

WOW that is determination! You put me to shame! I wouldn't be able to pass up Christmas dinner but I will try to make the best choices possible and just hope it doesn't cause too much damage. I am going to Centre Parcs for a few days over New Year with my family. I am going to try and stick to 2 shakes a day whilst I'm there and just have one meal on an evening with everyone else but will again try to make the best choices so I don't ruin all my hard work. Have you tried this before? Is it possible to keep maintain the weight loss by having two shakes a day and a healthy meal? I don't plan to really drink whilst I am away xx

Only time will tell how I get on lol. I think you're doing a good thing, being sensible and planning ahead over Christmas and New Year. There are some threads on Weight Loss via LT Maintenance that may help but I'm no expert at this point on maintenance I'm afraid. I suppose it's all about calories consumed at the end of the day, and as long as you're being careful it should work. Depending what you eat, remember you may go out of ketosis and start feeling hungry. Possibly take a snapshot out of the Atkins diet - eating protein, avoiding carbs and a little veg/salad to try and stay in ketosis if that's what you want to do? x

To be honest I'm not too concerned about staying in ketosis now as I've not been overly hungry the past two days. Don't get me wrong I really miss food n it's killing me being sat at work when everyone else is eating lunch. I keep filling up on my water though lol. Ill have a look at that thread, thank you x

Another 100% day today woop woop!! Xx

Another 2lb off this morning. So 5lb in 2 days. There's no way I'm stopping now until Christmas Day!!

I'm half way through my first weekend and have managed to stick to TFR. I'm so proud of myself as weekends are usually my stumbling block. I've tried to keep myself busy today, Christmas shopping n having a black coffee with a friend. I've managed to lose 8 1/2lb since I started on Tuesday. Ill have my weigh in on Monday and I'm hoping to have a total loss of 11lb by then.

The closer we get to Christmas the harder this diet will be but I need to keep at it and think of my long term goals.

Hope everyone is staying strong!xx

Amy you're doing great, keep up the excellent momentum!!! :)

Thank you. I so nearly cracked whilst I was in the supermarket buying cleaning products. I really really really wanted to buy something for dinner. I've stayed strong though, it's weigh in day tomorrow and I've lost 9 1/2lb since starting on Tuesday. I just need to keep reminding myself of that every time I want food lol

Well done Amy! Nearly official weigh day :) :) :) Well excited for you!

Thank you. I'm going to try n go in the morning before work but ill let you know how I get on xx

How did you get on? Dying to know x x x

Sorry hun. According to the chemists scales I've lost 7lb. I told her I was disappointed because I get on mine everyday, they're in the exact same position in the bathroom and they say I've lost 9.4lb. She told me to go off them because although they can tell us the losses in kg they're not always accurate when converted to lb and they move them round the room depending who weights me. We agreed in future she'll not convert the kg cos it'll just dishearten me and I should just go off my own scales.

I had a really hard night last night. Some friends came round to exchange secret Santa gifts, I'd bought them crisps and wine in but i stuck to my shake and water. It was so so hard but I'm proud I didn't cave in. The scales are exactly the same this morning though so I haven't been rewarded for my willpower :cry:

Amy I have always been a serial weigher until I started LT this time around. I have notepads of daily weigh ins going back years, and it's not healthy. Battery died on my scales leading to me getting close to the heaviest I've knowingly been because I couldn't take the stress of it anymore. I started 8 weeks ago with no idea how much I weighed, which was a bitter pill to swallow getting on the scales at the pharmacy. No matter how tempting it may be, I'm NEVER going to weigh myself daily again. Once a week is enough to show a true change! Water weight can make such a difference on the scales. If you got weighed later on in the day after having water/tea/milkshakes etc, you're bound not to be the same weight as when you jumped on the scales that morning. Emotionally, weighing everyday will have huge positives and even bigger negatives when it's not what you're looking for and can destabilise all the hard work you've put in!!!!!!! If you think about this rationally (I know it can be hard to do this) your body is going thru such huge changes and will need to adjust. If you are sticking with this 100%, there is very little chance of you NOT losing weight on a weekly basis and over a month you can expect a stone or so, especially at the beginning. You check out other profiles on here - some have had a bad week and you've had a bloody brilliant one really - YOU'VE LOST 9.4LBS THIS WEEK!!!!! The strength will be in having a tough weigh in and carrying on. I think the whole point of this is to trust yourself and your body, it will do the right thing, but you need to be sensible and give your body a chance to catch up and adjust.
I want to say more and hope I've not offended you in anyway but we've got a day full of business meetings and I'd better get my skates on. Chin up love, you've done fantastic this week, and I'm looking forward to next weeks weigh in for you. Best wishes, Kay x x x

I completely understand what you're saying and the fact that weighing in daily for some people can be demotivating. I understand I will not lose weight everyday and I won't let that deter me from sticking to the plan. I find if I have to wait a week to weigh in I soon get bored and fall off track so by weighing in, whatever the result, it makes me stick to the plan. The chemist agreed my scales will be more reliable and is happy for me to weigh in on them as often as I need to to keep my head in the right frame of mind for this plan. Everyone is different and I understand a lot of people will think this is not good for me but it seems to be working for now. I hope you are having a good day x

I completely understand what you're saying and the fact that weighing in daily for some people can be demotivating. I understand I will not lose weight everyday and I won't let that deter me from sticking to the plan. I find if I have to wait a week to weigh in I soon get bored and fall off track so by weighing in, whatever the result, it makes me stick to the plan. The chemist agreed my scales will be more reliable and is happy for me to weigh in on them as often as I need to to keep my head in the right frame of mind for this plan. Everyone is different and I understand a lot of people will think this is not good for me but it seems to be working for now. I hope you are having a good day x
Hi Amy, I am exactly the same as you,I have always weighed at home on a daily basis,sad as it may seem its the first thing I do when I get up.On the days I don't lose I too don't feel low,I just know I am losing on a weekly basis,but just more fun for me.Like you say we are all different,there are loads of people who frown upon it and others like us who prefer it.You are doing great,well done.x:tshirt::xmassign:

Back