An alternative ideal weight

Fray

Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations

According to this, my ideal weight based on what other people of my age, gender height and weight now would be 171lb. This is compared to the BMI chart that says between 125-164lb.

I much prefer the idea of getting to 171 lb (even though I've set 200lb as my target for next year :rolleyes:) over the medical recommendation. I know there are loads of these charts floating around but it's nice they aren't all going by BMI.

I love that Fray, thank you!!! It says I should be 97-128 pounds with BMI :8855::8855::8855: and 134 according to other women my age. Reasonable!!! I remember a time yonder when I weighed just a tad less than that, oh the joy!! I might just change my target to correspond with those happy days... :p Thank you!!!

My Peoples choise weight is 146lbs which is 32lb away. That should take me to 10 stone 4!! Eeek! I have never been that weight!

It came out 1lb lower than my goal!

according to this it says medical sites say i should be 111-146 and this says 136 which is 3lbs less than my target i set at sw

Came out 4lbs higher than my goal!! I think I'll stick to my original target ;)

How strange, that tells me my goal weight should be 228lbs.:eek: I set my target at 210 (15 stone) so I could lower it as I went but this says I should be more than 16 stone. Hmm weird. Though I'd be over the moon to be at that weight I'm not others would agree it was ideal. BMI says 125 - 164 lbs. :giggle:

Oh think I understand now. If I set my weight at lower it tells me to lose more. So it must be made with people's ideas on how people look after losing lots of weight. Perhaps they think I'll look too gaunt or something.:confused:

ive just done mine, and its made me realise i havent really thought through my target weight :confused:

i set my target weight as 12st 8 which when i started with SW i thought was probably just about manageable and i honestly never in a million years thought i would actually get anywhere close to it :eek: but now after losing 1st in 7 weeks its finally starting to sink in that i am actually going to be able to do it!! im now tempted to reset my target to 11st (which for my height is just in the healthy BMI category and only 1 pound less than the people choice suggestion) but should i do it now, or wait until i get to 12st 8?

what does anyone think? im not sure what to do :confused: xx

Mine came out at 110 - 4lbs less than I currently weigh and would give me a bmi of 20.8.
So...I put in my current weight at 109lbs (just as an experiment!) and it came up with my ideal weight as 108lbs......hmmmm.

Emma-Louise (gorgeous name!!!) if I were you I'd carry on losing and when you take a photo of yourself and like how your body is shaping up then stop losing.

I think it's nice to see another target weight instead of those blasted BMIs which just don't suit all shapes. When you feel comfortable is when you should stop, not what a chart says.

All the best to you! :D

ive just done mine, and its made me realise i havent really thought through my target weight :confused:

i set my target weight as 12st 8 which when i started with SW i thought was probably just about manageable and i honestly never in a million years thought i would actually get anywhere close to it :eek: but now after losing 1st in 7 weeks its finally starting to sink in that i am actually going to be able to do it!! im now tempted to reset my target to 11st (which for my height is just in the healthy BMI category and only 1 pound less than the people choice suggestion) but should i do it now, or wait until i get to 12st 8?

my target weight was 133lbs - this thing said I need to lose another 10 lbs - I'll stick to my weight now thanks!

I've set my target to 200lb because working towards anything less than that seems uncomprehensible for me at the moment. I might change it when I get there. I think it all depends on the person. :)

Hmmm, this calculator seems to be all over the place! If I put in my target as my current weight is says less than 171lb.

Mine came out as 165lb - 25lb over my current target, although BMI calculation came out as 118-155lb. Think I'll stick with that. The Metropolitan life tables says 133-147, so my target is bang smack in the middle! I guess I'm just going to see how I feel when I lose more weight :) xx

Well mine comes out at 148 lbs. At my age I do not want that. 170 lbs will be fine thanks. That is nearly 2 stones less than I want to be.

No, my old mum used to say it is better to be a plum than a prune.

Well mine comes out at 148 lbs. At my age I do not want that. 170 lbs will be fine thanks. That is nearly 2 stones less than I want to be.

No, my old mum used to say it is better to be a plum than a prune.

Oh yeah you're right, think it was Catherine Deneuve who said that at a certain point a woman has to choose her bum or her face! :kissass::p

Back