Anaemia..

I'm curious does anyone else do Exante whilst slightly anaemic?? I take 610mg of Iron a day as have awful TOTM as in all month normally. Am thinking although low cal will probably be getting better nutrition than my current bad diet. And desperately need to lose weight before they will chance any ops for me?
Any advice??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Not sure about the iron levels. However, I have really bad TOM and vcld makes it worse. It does settle down a but after a month or so but I know others have been the same. Don't want to out you of it maybe different for you but thought I would share my experience x

You'd probably need to talk to your doctor.

It's something I thought about myself, because I used to be anemic. Like you, a lot of it was down to diet, so it makes sense than getting 100% iron from exante would be completely fine. The website says not to bother with any other supplements. On the other hand, you probably do need that extra bit of iron at TOTM.

Would you consider doing work solution during your TOTM and loading up on iron-rich foods? It sounds like you'd prefer to do total solution for quicker weight loss, but maybe taking that week every month to eat lots of iron-filled foods would be beneficial and allow you to combine quick weight loss and keeping your iron up.

It just shows everyone's experience is different on this diet I normally suffer with a lot of pain and heavy flow during my TOTM but the 2 I have had since starting the diet have been much lighter and less painfull. I found the same when I did CD 6yrs ago. However if you have on going medical problems I would say speak to your doctor before starting TS. You could also do WS first and move over if you get the ok

Thanks for the advice :) am on day4 today and so far my loss is the same but I am having 3 shakes plus one 200 cal meal like chicken with a green salad. Have lost 6lb so far :) have doc appt soon so will discuss with her then.

Back