And now THIS week's challenge...

Yeah a lot of people get put off by numbers. I wouldn't be able to do once a week though, it's easy to get disheartened over a gain and then spend the week wondering what went wrong, when in reality nothing might be wrong at all :)

True true...I hope thats the case. After this morning's shock, I'd be delighted to have stayed the same even! I'll post here tomorrow. Thanks so much. :)

Dr. Atkins strongly advised people not to weigh every day! The scales can become an addiction and they do not reflect true results because fluid levels vary from day to day, and throughout the day, not always in direct proportion to the amount we eat/drink/excrete/whatever.

Once a week or better still a fortnight is more likely to give a more accurate representation - but we are often addictive personalities and the scale becomes yet another tyrant of our own making lol.

Dr. Atkins strongly advised people not to weigh every day! The scales can become an addiction and they do not reflect true results because fluid levels vary from day to day, and throughout the day, not always in direct proportion to the amount we eat/drink/excrete/whatever.

Once a week or better still a fortnight is more likely to give a more accurate representation - but we are often addictive personalities and the scale becomes yet another tyrant of our own making lol.

The thing is though, when you go on once a week, you're still not seeing true results. True results are visual and physical differences in our bodies, like loose clothing, etc. Whether you do it once a week or once a day you're still getting the direct result of previous days. 7 days isn't a magic number and in my opinion shouldn't be treated as such.

Just my opinion tho :)

All this is true. After tomorrow, perhaps I'll consider how I weigh in. My clothes really are falling off me and when I'm not all puffy and bloated there is a significant change in my shape. I do need to learn to go on other things besides the scales. Thanks everyone. truly! xo

well, the three off again. That'll do. No more weigh ins for, at least for a while. My mood and will power are too easily swayed by numbers. I'm smaller, I'm down a dress size and I STILL feel disappointed by that. Not good.

Good luck to everyone!

Well done D. It's all going in the right direction eh?

Back