And so it begins.........

bunji

This will be the time I succeed!!

There I've said it, so now I must see it through.

I will do my best to keep this updated with the goings on in my own little world.

Firstly an introduction -

My name is Anthony, but my user name is bunji on pretty much every forum I use.

I am following the Extra Easy plan and so far am loving it.

My wife and son joined SW before I did, so it is a lot easier for us to follow as we are doing it as a family.

I joined February 7th 2012, I didn't know what to expect - my wife had told me what happens but due to the hours I work I couldn't join her for the evening group she attends.

I have attended every week and watched the scales as the weight comes off.

1st week.... 9.lb loss
2nd week... 5lb loss
3rd week.... 3.5lb loss
4th week... 4lb loss
5th week... 6lb loss
6th week... 2.5lb loss

Total so far = 30.5lb

Slimmer of the week 3 times and Slimmer of the month for February.

:cool:

Welcome anthony I'm Tasha and this is my 3rd attempt at sw 3rd time lucky and all that well I hope so anyway really have to see it through this time. I love ee it's was to follow and more variety. Ur doing really well so far and have had reall good weight looses each week well done and keep up the good work

Today started as most days do for me......

Breakfast of 2 weetabix and 1 shredded wheat, cup of black coffee.

Then I walk the dogs, this has helped immensely. I have, over the weeks, increased my pace and the distance walked.

I am walking between 2.5 and 3.25miles every morning, the dogs do more as they run across the fields and back. I downloaded a very useful app for my iPhone called "MapMyDogWalk" it records distance, time, pace, elevation, it can be set to record calorie burn as well. Oh... and it's free!

During the day while I'm home I have a jacket potato for lunch, some fruit as a snack and for a drink I have taken to having a pint glass with ice cubes, fruit squash and water. Average day 3 each day.

Dinner this evening was meatballs in spicy tomato sauce with pasta.
This is a personal fave of mine, I can substitute the meatballs for bacon, or chicken, or turkey. Its all syn free as well.

Afters we usually have a mixture of melon, strawberry, kiwi and banana with a muller light yogurt over the top.

When I'm at work (5:30pm - 11pm) I always have the fruit & yogurt on my break. Dinner before work with the family and fruit during my shift. :)

Yesterday first...

Breakfast was 2 weetabix and 1 shredded wheat. I can't get into the fruit with breakfast thing, it's something I have never been able to get to grips with.

Walk the dogs after breakfast... 3.1 miles, 65mins.

Lunch was a jacket potato, with some sliced turkey and a mixed salad.

Dinner was chicken, mushroom, onion and cheese omelette with potato wedges and mixed salad.

Didn't have any fruit for afters, I was full up. Very nice dinner it was too.

I had my usual 3 pints of squash and water during the day, and a large diet lemonade in the evening.

:)

Now for today.....

I took the dogs out first thing as I wanted to get back to watch the qualifying for the F1, so it was a 2.7mile walk in 59mins.

I had my usual breakfast while watching the qualifying.

2 cups of black coffee and now I am onto the squash + water.

Not long had an apple, a pear and banana. Helps get ya through till lunch time.

Lunch will be a jacket spud, with a mixed salad which I have not long prepared in readiness.

Dinner will be chicken curry, and boiled rice. Followed by fruit and yogurt.

Afternoon, have fallen a little behind with this. Have been very busy the last couple of days.
I shall update it fully tomorrow, I have no plans for tomorrow.

So then to bring this up to date...

Sunday I walked the dogs covering 3 miles in 60minutes.

Food during the day, usual breakfast, fruit for snacking couple of bananas, apple, pear.

Dinner was bacon, light choice sausages, 3 egg omelette(Cooked with out any oil/fat) mushrooms, onions and potato wedges.

After that mixed fruit with a yogurt over the top.

Drinks were 2 cups black coffee and 3 pt water and squash.
Diet lemonade in the evening.

Monday -

Usual breakfast followed by walking the dogs 2.25miles in 50mins.

Baked potato with lurpak lightest spread and a mixed salad, some sliced turkey mixed in.

Meatballs in spicy tomato sauce for dinner before work.

Fruit through the day... apple and a pear.

Fruit for break at work... melon, kiwi, strawberry and banana with a yogurt over the top.

Normal coffee, squash/water and diet lemonade for drinks.

Tuesday is weigh in day for me. I attend a group at 9:30am.

So I start my day in the usual manner of breakfast and a coffee before heading out with my dogs.

We walked for 45minutes covering 1.9miles.

Then it's home, showered and changed ready for group.

This week was an awesome week, got to group and lined up with the other members.

My turn came around and the scales told me I had lost 8lb! Bringing my total to 38.5lb in 7 weeks.

With that loss I got my Club 10 award, 2.5st award, Slimmer of the Week and Slimmer of the Month.

During group I had a coffee and a banana, apple and a pear.

After group I visited some friends where we sat in his garden enjoying the lovely weather and putting the world to rights.

Dinner was a 3 egg omlette with some low fat cheddar (25g = 3.5syns) chicken breast, bacon and mushrooms.

At work I had a couple of bananas, some grapes, a pear and an apple.

At the end of my 7th week with Slimming World I can say it's worth the sacrifices we have made. I say we because my wife and my son are following the EE plan too.

My wife has lost 16lb, and my son 12lb. We are very proud of our son as he is only 11 and he sticks to the plan so well.

They started a few weeks before I did, and due to the hours of day that I work we can't all go to the same group. I go in the morning, they in the evening. Luckily we have the same group leader.
:cool:

I really do need to stay on top of this, fall behind and ya have days to catch up with.

Well after the awesome Tuesday weigh in, I have continued with walking the dogs and following the plan.

Walking the dogs... Wed to Sat - 260minutes - 12.25miles in total.

Food wise, usual breakfast every morning.

Lunch is normally a baked spud, with a mixed salad.

Dinner -

Wed - sausage, bacon, mushroom, potato wedges

Thur - Pasta with chicken in a spicy tomato sauce.

Fri- Beef in black bean sauce with boiled rice.

Tonight is Chicken curry and rice.

I will do my best to keep this upto date. :)

well done, your doing fab anthony xxx

Sunday....

Breakfast as per usual followed by a longer walk with the dogs... 4miles in 85mins.

Lunch was a jacket spud with some Lurpak Lightest.

I sorted dinner once my wife had finished work for the day, we had - Steak with broccoli, baton carrots, green beans and potato wedges. All syn free.

After dinner we had our usual fruit and yogurt.

Drink during the day... 2 black coffees and 2 pints of water with squash. And once I have done this it will be a pint of diet lemonade.

It's no good, I am going to have to do this on a weekly basis.
I am finding myself too busy to be doing this each day.

So this week I have stuck to plan, not gone over my syns - in fact don't get anywhere near using all of them each day.

I have been out walking everyday with our dogs... totals for the week... 25.4miles walked. 555minutes duration.

Weight loss this week....

I lost another 3lb, bringing my total loss to 42lb. (3st)

I shall update this on Tuesday after visiting Slimming World group in the morning.

Back