And so it begins.....

far294

Hi everyone
I have made the decision that I am finally going to commit to losing some weight. I am at my all time heaviest of 15st 4lb :eek: (apart from when I was pregnant, I stopped weighing myself!). I really want to feel half decent at my christmas do and wear something I feel good in, so here goes! I have never really lost my baby weight and find it really hard to resist the chocolate demons (I'm very much an emotional eater!) I've decided to follow my own diet based loosely around SW, ie eat loads of fruit and cut out the junk. I don't have a kitchen at the moment and only have access to a microwave so the jacket potato is going to become my best friend!
I am also going to try and aim to work out for at least 30 mins a day (preferably more, time permitting).
So wish me luck and any advice welcomed!. I've decided to keep the menu simple to begin with:

Breakfast

Muesli or
Smoothie or
Yogurt

Lunch

Turkey/ham salad or
Ham/turkey salad wrap/pitta or
Soup

Dinner

Jacket potato with various fillings or
Salmon & veg
Chicken & rice & veg

Snacks

Fruit
Oatcake and Babybel
Cereal bar
Yogurt

Hey Far, welcome to Minimins.

I think the way you're going cutting the junk, eating healthier ect is great. From experience I know it's not as quick as some of the other diets, but if you stick at it you'll see consistent (if little) weight losses each week.

As far as the menu goes it seems fine to me. I've pretty much lived off cereal or eggs for breakfast, salad or soup for dinner and some meat with some veg and rice for tea for the past four months now and I'm not bored yet lol. I find that using different dressings, spice mixs and swapping the veg, meat and soups regularly it keeps the meals fresh and interesting.

Wish you the best of luck :) x

Back