And this is why scale hopping is bad bad bad lol

Starlight

Gold Member
I deliberately dont have scales in my house because Id be on them far too often and drive myself nuts in the process, so my scales live at my mums.

I went over on Friday as it was my 3 month anniversary on Exante and had a wi.... my weight was X stones 10lbs. When I came home from work on Sunday morning I went to my mums. Before I went to bed I thought Id check the scales as Sun is my weigh in. Now bearing in mind I was night shift Sat, weighing myself when I got in on Sun morning it was like a night time weigh in (are you keeping up lol) and my weight was X stones 12 lbs :eek: Went to bed not very happy. When I got up and had my official weigh in they showed X stones 7 lbs :eek:

I cant believe the way they fluctuated. The scales definitely stay at my mums - once a week for me!!!

Your reason for hating scale hopping is my reason for loving scale hopping. Seeing the daily, even hourly fluctuations has helped me tolerate gains and statics better...i can't say I understand them. I mean where did your 5lbs disappear to in the night?

Thats not saying seeing a gain doesn't get to me (it does, you only have to see my whinges and panicking about my sunday weigh in to realise that) but it doesnt get to me as much as it could...because I know they happen for absolutely no reason now and thats because I scale hop so see my weight change.

I think if you can cope with it no harm done but if it really gets you down HIDE them or keep them at your mums lol

You're right, there's no logic to it. I always find that I lose weight at the beginning of the week, then seem to stick for a few days, but once I've commited my weight loss to paper (well put it on here anyway) my weight plummets the next morning! How do my scales know? Spooky! :)

You're right, there's no logic to it. I always find that I lose weight at the beginning of the week, then seem to stick for a few days, but once I've commited my weight loss to paper (well put it on here anyway) my weight plummets the next morning! How do my scales know? Spooky! :)

The same thing happens to me!!!

Weird isnt it! I could stay the same for daysand then lose most of my weight towards the end of the week. Strange how we all have different pattrns xx

I`m totally different, l`ve weighed myself a few mornings this week (official WI Wed) my weight has stayed the same grrrr.

I admit i weight myself every day. Yeah, I know I shouldn't, but I do. I just have to remember that if they show a gain or sts, it doesn't count until Day Seven.

Back