... and what are your three WORST Christmas songs?

Monkey_Monkey_Underpants

Not quite normal
I have to admit that I can't stand Silent Night.
Or Frosty the Snowman.

And in terms of the seasonal ones that are always on the radio and in the shops at this time of year - hmmm.
Most of them are pretty rubbish, but they're a kind of rubbish that has become traditional, and Christmas really wouldn't be Christmas without Slade, or Wizzard, or the other ancient ones, would it?

So I'll have to go for Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses. Just don't like it.

That's my three. What are yours?

I don't know about 3 but what I REALLY REALLY HATE (sorry I hate it that much!) is hearing East 17's Stay Another Day....I hate them and I HATE THAT SONG...grrrrr!

It's not a bloody Christmas song....just because it was a no1 at that time doesn't mean it should be played all the time....I mean Bob the Builder was also a Christmas number 1 but we don't hear that in every shop do we?!

True, MM. It's a bit like Mad World. I actually like it, so I don't mind hearing it. But it's not a Christmas song - it just happened to be No 1 at Christmas. But then so did Bohemian Rhapsody. Why don't we get that more at this time of year?

I don't know about 3 but what I REALLY REALLY HATE (sorry I hate it that much!) is hearing East 17's Stay Another Day....I hate them and I HATE THAT SONG...grrrrr!

It's not a bloody Christmas song....just because it was a no1 at that time doesn't mean it should be played all the time....I mean Bob the Builder was also a Christmas number 1 but we don't hear that in every shop do we?!

BAH humbug :p Stay is a great song and has christmas bells in it :D

Anything by that rotten Cliff bleedin Richards gets my vote cant stand him :D

Rolf Harris.........Two Little Boys.
Mud..................Lonely this Christmas

I am sure there must be another but as I love Christmas so much and we get virtually no piped Christmas music in the shops here I find it hard to think of 3 songs I dislike.

I have sense that MLM doesn't like Sir Cliff. Good on you, me neither!

Totally agree on the East 17 front - it's not christmassy - it's about suicide for goodness sake! And because they put some snow in the video, they only play it at Xmas, very odd!

I think my three would have to be...

-Ronan's cover of 'Fairytale in New York', seriously why did he do it?
- Blue Christmas - too depressing.
- Oh Tannenbaum when sung by Nat King Cole. His German accent is rubbish.

xxx

Little drummer boy? Ba-ru-up a bum bum

Millenium prayer

Little donkey!

Back