Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Oh grief, I'm feeling really hungry but if I have my final shake now I will be hungry when I go to bed. Cup of peppermint tea needed I think.

Thanks for the suggestion I did try them last time but found them really sweet. I've had a pint of pep tea and a pint of water and feel a bit better. I've told myself I will have my next shake at six. I thought you weren't supposed to get hungry in ketosis so I put it down to cravings and dehydration.

Could it be some medication making you feel hungry? I find I feel peckish if I use the strong painkillers. Have you tried the Marigold Swiss Buillion? It's allowed and if you close your eyes you can almost imagine your having a cuppa soup x

Yeah I do find them sweet but I think sometimes if your having a bit of a food craving, especially a sweet one they really help. I love marmite and I know you can make bouillon type drink with it but for some reason in my head it just tastes wrong. I wish there was a bit more choice of drinks, I'm not a fan of coffee and sometimes I struggle with hot drinks.

Thanks both of you. I haven't any of the drink flavours. I think I will order one for standby. I started a new pain medication 2 days ago and it lists in side affects increased appetite and weight gain. Talk about timing. I've stayed 100% but it's been a challenge even though it's been a great day with no trials and tribulations.

If it gets really bad I will have another shake or an omelette. It's nearly bedtime. Hope you guys had a good day.

My fall backs are quorn, scrambled eggs or the Protein bites they have on the Exante site, I find them a bit like crisp. I know what you mean some days can feel like a battle.

I will have to take a look at the protein bites and also order some bars. I miss chewing I think. I've stayed 100% though. I had final shake at five yesterday then buckets to drink.

Today I had a porridge then banana shake for lunch. I took my son swimming for the first time this morning. It was complicated with my wheelchair but we got in and out safely. He loved it. Fast asleep finally.

Water and and a read I think.

I've just ordered a few of the meals to give me something savoury to chew and the pancakes too. I didn't order the bites as I think I might eat all six in one go at this stage. Daft but true. Besides, if I get really desperate a one egg omelette is less calories.

It's a lovely sunny, if blustery, afternoon.

Oh good, I'm definitely in need of something to chew. Today has been a good day. 100% all the way. We went to my sisters for the afternoon and I refused lunch and snacks with ease. It really feels like a way of life now. I hope tomorrow feels the same. I drank lots so I think that's the key. Maybe a tad too much black coffee though. I'm buzzzzzzzing.

Bonus is she hasn't seen me since 21st Sept and she asked if I'd lost weight. My face is thinner yippeeee.

Not or sure about the raspberry and white choc shake. It's def not my favourite.

We are away Friday so I may have to do my WI a day early. I hope everyone's finding some sunshine in another grey day.

Yup, the coffee is coming back to bite me..... My baby is out for the count and I can't sleep aaarrrrrgggghhhh...

As I'm away tomorrow I did a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and they said I'd put on a pound. Previously this would have sent me into a downward spiral but I've been 100% all week so it's physically impossible for me not to have burnt fat. I'm putting it down to water retention as my body rebalances after my mega 18lb loss last week.

So, Success in having a more positive outlook and yeay me for staying 100% for week two.

I will weigh in again tomorrow just to see but it doesn't matter if it's still the same. I know I'm losing by the fit of my clothes.

Porridge start to the day. Now having a peppermint tea to calm down after trying to book a wheelchair space and tickets for a train to London. I've spent a fortune being in queues and on hold in the last 3 days. All sorted now thank goodness.

Time to entertain my 9 month old bundle of energy. Have a great day everyone.

Had a great day. I usually can't stand the choc shake but the water where we are staying is from a borehole and it tasted really nice. Weird. Or maybe I was just really in need of my shake.

I took my baby swimming yesterday for the first time. He loved it and so did I. It was a bit of a struggle getting in and out of the pool but a fabulous feeling to be in the water again. Hoping to do a course of six sessions.
I got a new swimming Cossie from M&S online. It's 50's style and actually long enough in the body. I didn't have to wrestle to get into it and it's a size 28. Progress is being made.

Hope everyone's having a good week. I will try to WI in the morning but I'm not sure there are scales here.

So tomorrow night we are hosting a drinks and nibbles night for friends. They don't know I'm on the diet so I figured I would just use the medication as an excuse and keep myself busy so no one notices I'm not eating. It's my first social challenge. Previously loads of wine and lots of nibbles would have been consumed. Well, I guess I just follow my plan.

Any tips for nibbles welcome. Have a great weekend.

I've no tips for nibbles, there was party food at the kids party on Wednesday and I just avoided it. Enjoy your evening x

I survived! Yesterday started with WI which said I'd STS. I've been 100% all week so I'm not too worried. It'll balance out. I had my hair cut and coloured to get rid of the grey. She curled it then pinned it back at the sides. I actually felt girly. I even declined numerous attempts to get me to eat cake which they had to go with drinks. The nibbles evening went really well. I put sparkling water in a wine glass and no one asked why I wasn't drinking. I found it surprisingly easy to leave the buffet alone. I was guilty of breathing deeply because some of the smells were gorgeous.

Week 3 is always a challenge for me on any diet. If I can stay true for a month then I've got it sorted.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend.

Good morning. I'm having a weird weekend and I'm putting it down to new pain meds. I went to bed around ten on fri night, woke sat morning when my son did. My husband told me he'd got him and to get some more sleep (nice). I didn't wake up until 3pm!!! And I think that was because he came in the room. I've Never done that before.

I felt too groggy and shaky to have a shower so I got dressed and the moment I got downstairs he said lunch was ready and a tray appeared on my lap. The worst thing was I ate it! (I didn't even enjoy it). We packed and left and I slept for two hours in the car. We got home and it turned out he'd called in for takeaway and I hadn't even noticed. Again I ate it.

I am so frustrated. I'm still groggy this morning but I'm stopping taking the new pills. Scales still read the same thank goodness. He knows I'm on the diet, I got lots of compliments on Friday night. I just should have said no thanks when he presented me with food. I didn't HAVE to eat it. I'm so angry with myself. I've got to spend this week getting back into ketosis.

Today it's just me and little man. Hazelnut shake for breakfast I think.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. Let battle commence.

Well done Angel!! great loss!!!! great motivation to start your journey.
i think slim fast is quite similar to your plan, so will watch with interest x

Thanks Claire Bear. I love your diary for inspiration! Congratulations on how far you've come.

Back