Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Not much you can do about hospital food only thing is it is usually so awful you are not tempted to over eat! Take care of yourself it won't be long until you are home. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oh the log rolling manoeuvre . I remember that well x

Last edited:
Won't be long 'til you're home again. Glad to hear all's well. Don't fret about the hospital carbs! And have a lovely sit-up LOL x

Yeay I'm out of HDU in a normal ward. Not allowed out of bed until Monday and I can't see my son all weekend as my husbands working but good friends have come today and two tomorrow. Time drags and revolves around breakfast, hot drink, lunch, hot drink, dinner, nighttime drink and snack if wanted. I did have a pud tonight as they are tracking I'm eating plenty.

Feeling good, dying for a shower, can't wait to get dressed. I'm more determined than ever to get to a normal weight to take the pressure off my back. They might not have been able to do the surgery before I started so I'm lucky.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. X

Hospital is so boring but it shouldn't be long until you are back home. Take care. x

Good luck tomorrow Angel when you get out of bed for a bit. Bet you can't wait x

Glad to hear all went well and that you are recovering. Look after yourself x

I got out of bed for an hour this morning (followed my the rest of the day flat on my back. (Grrr)and I've been promised a shower tomorrow. Also I've had hub bring in a weeks worth of packs. I intending on restarting on Thursday. I might as well do ketosis in here where I have unlimited water and can't move anywhere to cheat. The bacon buts in the morning have been way too nice though. I've no way to weigh myself either!

I I told the nurses and gave one a pack to try. She went on the web and ordered a month there and then! I have to ask doc in the morning hence starting Thursday.

Hope we you guys are doing great. I've already had to increase my phone web usage for the first time keeping up with you all! Hope the weeks going well. Xxx

Good to hear you have managed to be out of bed for an hour, hope you were not dizzy or too tired at the end. Fingers crossed that the doc will let you start your packs on Thursday. x

I got out of bed for an hour this morning (followed my the rest of the day flat on my back. (Grrr)and I've been promised a shower tomorrow. Also I've had hub bring in a weeks worth of packs. I intending on restarting on Thursday. I might as well do ketosis in here where I have unlimited water and can't move anywhere to cheat. The bacon buts in the morning have been way too nice though. I've no way to weigh myself either! I I told the nurses and gave one a pack to try. She went on the web and ordered a month there and then! I have to ask doc in the morning hence starting Thursday. Hope we you guys are doing great. I've already had to increase my phone web usage for the first time keeping up with you all! Hope the weeks going well. Xxx

Do you know how much longer you'll be in there Angel?

I hope you are feeling better, that's funny about the nurse, but good that she gave it a chance!
It's so good that you are determined to get back to it and not overdo it whilst you're there.

Just remember any gain can be lost and your body is in a state of recovery. Your health comes first and it's only a small delay in weight loss in the grand scheme of things.

Look forward to seeing you post when you're home. :)

Hope the Dr gives you the go ahead to start the packs, if not as Sheridan has already said; see it as just a small delay on your weightloss journey. Enjoy your shower x

How has your day been Angel x

Hi Angel. You could maybe have your bacon butty, and a snack, and have two exante meals? Compromise! Or an extra exante pack every day because you're recovering from surgery and you need optimum nutrition to help you heal fast.

You are the priority now. Not encouraging you to 'cheat' but exante will still be here when you get home x

Thanks everyone. You are right. My recovery is the most important. Surgeon is over the moon with the fact I'm up and showering (bliss). Wound has already sealed (quick healer). I had an assessment to see about my function level which wasn't good news so it's been a difficult day especially with no visitors. Fortunately I'm in a ward on my own.

I was allowed to do some arm weights this morning but have been confind to bed since midday. In traditional fashion I devoured everything edible from my goody bag as a reaction to being upset. I'm going to start in the morning as the more weight I lose the better. The only extra I will have is milk in my tea.

i don't have a starting weight but I'm sure it's gone on since being here. Fingers crossed for the 19s when I get out. They're doing a house assessment on feb 10th. So no word on my discharge, all I hear is that it was major surgery and I need to rest.

Will catch up with everyone soon, thanks for being there and keeping me sane x

Slowly does it Angel. Rehab is not to be rushed at the end if the day although its upsetting not to be at home. Have they discussed what goals they would like you to reach during your recovery x

Slowly does it Angel. Rehab is not to be rushed at the end if the day although its upsetting not to be at home. Have they discussed what goals they would like you to reach during your recovery x

They haven't established any goals yet as its too early. They've only let me do my arms. Apparently the fact that I'm out of bed, dressing and showering is already way beyond what's been expected and they want me to to slow down and rest. I've also got to look for a lift to be put In my home :( it's going to cost a fortune :(

On brighter news they weighed me this morning and I'm 21st (294lbs). I've restarted the diet and have a weeks supply with me. So here I go again, bit by bit!

Great that you are making such good progress. On the weight front what weight were you when you went into hospital? I was in hospital for 3 weeks a few years ago I did not eat anything and came out exactly the same weight as I was when I went in!

I was 20st 4 when I came in on 19th Jan. Put on 10lbs! Everything they serve here is carb loaded unless you want a plateful of veg which is overlooked and cold. I'm happy back on my packs for now. Hopefully the 10 will have gone in a week. I'm allowed to do some arm weights in the morning but I'm literally laid up for most of the day. I couldn't even use the hand bike. I've just got to get to goal however long it takes. Hope you're having a great day x

A lot of that weight gain will be carb weight and will drop quite quickly once you are allowed your packs. Have a speedy recovery and don't worry about the gain. x

Back