Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Hang on in there Angel. You truly are a superwomen with all of your determination.

What is the delicious range, I'm curious x

A new range of Exante meals, Susie. They're on the website. As yet they don't qualify for discount prices x

I'm post op 6 weeks now but have to wait another six before starting rehab. At least it's an improvement on the initial six months the surgeon said! They took a lot of bone and tissue out apparently. I do hope there will be benefits in the long run. I'm not doing so well with the diet just now. These occasional off times have really set me back. Now it's time to focus and move forward. I've just logged it all in my new pocket diary and the losses make interesting reading. Every time I come off I put on 9lb and take ages to get back into it. What a waste!

Life happens, Angel. Always has and always will. That 9lb regain will soon be gone. The important thing now is for your health and strength to improve. There are things we just cannot change, events we can't bend to our imperfect and often stubborn will. This is one of them! Do what you can and be even more patient x

Very wise words ^^

your weight loss will be easier when you're health is back to normal, it won't be long xx

Another sunny day, spring is here! I am excitedly waiting for a friend to arrive. I haven't seen her since I was in hospital.
Yesterday I was 100% except for bits of my boys food that I was trying to get him to eat.

Porridge start to the day. I'm going to lay off coffee for a while as it seems to upset my Tum and give me mega cravings. Will catch up later. Hope today is a good one for everyone.

Im determined to find a way to WI. Measurents move too slowly and can drastically change for the worse overnight. Then again, look at my inch loss in less than a month. That's sitting down too so it's better than I thought.

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy your time with your friend. It is always good to catch up. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Had a lovely time thanks Mere, except she turned up with carrot cake. I ate it and worked out later it was about 800 cals, who knew it would be so much. I've probably overestimated but at least with two packs I'm still only 1200 cals for the day. I'm not worried.

Good for you Angel. I am glad you had such a good time. I ate carrot cake yesterday but my daughter said not to worry it was just one of my 5 a day! x

Hehe I like that! I'm regretting it now though, I'm having an attack of IBS and I'm blaming the cake entirely. I really do feel at my best on Exante when I do it properly. I shouldn't sBotage myself but I didn't want her to feel bad.

Tomorrow someone from work HQ is coming to see me at home because I'm still off sick after surgery.and maternity. I hope I have a job to go back to. We've been denied any funding from the council for the wheelchair lift for my house (we both work) so we have to find £12000 from somewhere. I'm still sleeping in the dining room and having a wash in the downstairs loo sink. My one year old son thinks it's a big hoot but his nursery is upstairs too so I can't put him to bed or get him up still. It sucks.

Ah well, something will turn up. Have a great week everyone.

£12,000 is a lot of money,I didn't realise it would be so much. A shame you are not getting any help with the cost but as you say you will have to find the money from somewhere. Good luck. x

Angel, sorry to hear about the funds for the lift, that's a big blow for you. I hope the news doesn't make you too down :( how are you doing today?

Oh dear, that is a lot of money Angel. Health related stuff is so expensive. How did the meeting with work HQ go x

£12,000 for a lift you really need! And no help to pay for it? Disgraceful. You might be able to get a second hand one. Not sure where but that might save you a packet. Sorry that you have this added hassle x

Thanks for being there everyone. We are going to get the mortgage extended hopefully as I need a wet room and ramps too. Unfortunately I'm only going back to work 3 days a week as my job was filled when I left on maternity leave.

Work visit ok. I still have a job to go back to. I'm afraid my diet is off the rails, chocolate, purely emotional. I was left alone in a Belgian choc shop while my husband had his hair cut when we went out just after the work lady left. Fatal.

I will get my head on straight again very soon I promise. Just now I feel mentally and physically exhausted. The good news is my mums home after being in hospital again.

Have a great weekend all. X

Hi Angel. Sorry to hear you had bad news re the lift, and that things in general are so tough right now. Glad you have some good news going on though - great news that your mum's out of hospital, and that things are okay with your job. Your inches are going down really well too, so you must be doing something right along the way :) Chin up chick ;)

Good news about work & your mum Angel.

Try to think ahead to summer when a lot of the present trials will be dealt with & as Jayne says you are seeing progress with the inch losses so hold on to that x

You are going through a very emotional time so no wonder the diet has suffered. You have been so controlled and amazing so you are allowed a little slip. Don't worry about it. Glad your mum is home and soon your life will be on an
even kilter again. Take care. Xxx

Thanks for all your support. Knowing you're there has kept me going. I only had 4 chocolates (which oddly I didn't really enjoy) instead of an entire jumbo box which is amazing for me. I'm being assessed for an NHS wheelchair on April 13th to replace the dangerously unbalanced one I have. I'm going to try to do damage limitation over this weekend while at a friends then start fresh on Monday. It would be nice to have smaller hips by the measuring, even if it is just an inch or so.

I NEED to get back on scales. I genuinely find I miss the push they give me. I'm really afraid my weight is climbing again and I loved hitting the 50lb mark.

Have a a lovely Mother's Day weekend everyone.

Well done on resisting the whole box of chocolates. Hope your wheelchair assessment goes well you still have four weeks to lose a few inches. Enjoy Mothers Day. x

Four weeks, I could shift a stone which is another 2". That certainly Spurs me on. I might be back at work by May and would really like to be less than 19st by then.

I have Mother's Day just to ourselves, me, hubby and our son. Bliss x

Back