Total Solution Angel72's Big Bulge Battle

Day 6/80. Porridge start to the day. We are off out for a family day to a place called Etal. Just me, hubby,little man and labrador. These can be tempting days but im in the zone now and hope to continue. Disturbed night with bubs and his cold but feeling good with the diet. Have a good day.

Hope you had a lovely day and managed to resist temptation xx

6/80. It has been lovely but the weathers turning. We Sat outside with a cup of tea and peanut bar for lunch. Had a ride on a mini steam train then went around Etal castle. On the way back we got some bedding plants which I've stuck in and now little man is just watching in the night garden after dinner.

I have to confess I'm feeling very tired and ratty. Mainly because instead of preparing a ravenous little boys dinner while I did the nappy he just spent 15 minutes unwrapping his new Stanley knife. Why do they always do things when it's not a priority? Grrrr. He's also bought two fillet steaks for dinner. I m really annoyed. It's not on my plan so I'm not having it.

Hope everyones having a lovely evening. I will finish with a shake I think.

Last edited:
Day 7/80 WI 19st12. That's 8lb down. I'm pleased with that. It's a rainy day so I'm starting with porridge. My Inlaws arrive again this afternoon and hubby goes to work.

Adaptations are going but costs are spiralling due to unforeseen problems. Ho hum.

it feels great to be in the next stone bracket. Can't wait for the 18's!

Day8/80. Porridge for breakfast, peanut bar for lunch. Cycled 2 miles with the dog then spent two hours on the phone with the phone company getting packages renegotiated and line checked. Our broadband is sooooo slow.

Just having a cuppa then I'm repainting outside bench and a few odds and ends.

The Inlaws are here. My lovely tidy clean house and routine are all to pot.

Diet wise I'm feeling strong, a little dizzy but happy. I just want it to go faster. Can't wait until I'm in the 18's.

Have a a great day everyone.

I love when my house is all stick and span too. It just instantly makes me feel better.
Glad your day is going well.
Are you doing weigh ins yet or still just measurements. I bet you have done really well xx

Thanks Miss Mac. I'm doing WI too but not on my normal scales. 8lb this week, could be more but I'm happy with that figure. The scales are a bit inaccurate as the figure goes up and down and doesn't settle so I take the highest figure I see. I've no tape measure with me. When I get home I have an idea how to WI on my normal scales using a circular plastic stool.

Well done to you too, super loss. See you at end of week two!

Well done Angel. Moving down into a lower stone bracket after the 1st week is brilliant.

Must be the time of the year cos I have cleaned my house from top to bottom this weekend. Makes me feel in control which is a very good thing lol x

Angel picturing you putting-out that wheelie bin made me think of my own efforts doing the same. On a good day I can limp down the garden path with the help of my walking stick. It's getting the bin from its regular corner space, on to the path, and from there, out of the garden gateway and down to the kerb, that takes the most effort. Hobbling from foot to foot, leaning on the heavy bin and trying to 'wheel' it forwards/sideways/back/around, and all of this when in danger of falling over at any time, must look pretty comical to the observer! x

Well done Angel. My daughter is ill at the moment and is not able to shop so she is using Tesco online. She is finding it much easier but says she is spending way more than usual!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I went through a lengthy phase of overspending, too. All those half-price and BOGOF deals! But I pare my final list down to what I actually need and can afford, with maybe one or two extras. I love shopping. Don't we all? LOL x

Well done Angel. Moving down into a lower stone bracket after the 1st week is brilliant.

Must be the time of the year cos I have cleaned my house from top to bottom this weekend. Makes me feel in control which is a very good thing lol x

Day 9/80 Thanks Susie. Well done on the spring clean. i even painted the garden bench yesterday and was half way done with the rails on the path when hailstones hit. My paintwork looks like it's got blue measles. I'm feeling a bit lost today. Because of the work in the house it's been decided that my baby stay with his grandparents tonight. It's the first time we've been separated overnight since I was in hospital. It's better for him to have somewhere to play. I need to keep an eye on the workmen.

Im 19st10 this morning woohoooo. Have a super day.

Angel picturing you putting-out that wheelie bin made me think of my own efforts doing the same. On a good day I can limp down the garden path with the help of my walking stick. It's getting the bin from its regular corner space, on to the path, and from there, out of the garden gateway and down to the kerb, that takes the most effort. Hobbling from foot to foot, leaning on the heavy bin and trying to 'wheel' it forwards/sideways/back/around, and all of this when in danger of falling over at any time, must look pretty comical to the observer! x

Quite the achievement! I found out that we can register for them to take the bins out for us. Just contact the council. My collection chap Jason told me after I went to get it while he was there.

Have a a good week, you're almost at the magic 10%. Well done you!

I went through a lengthy phase of overspending, too. All those half-price and BOGOF deals! But I pare my final list down to what I actually need and can afford, with maybe one or two extras. I love shopping. Don't we all? LOL x

Actually I loath shopping especially supermarket which is why it was so super to get the delivery. I wish they wouldn't do offers and would just reduce prices overall. It's exhausting tring to find the best bargain.

Day 9/80 so here I am sitting at the kitchen table waiting for work to call to discuss return dates. I hate phone interviews.

I've also workmen in taking the woodburner out. It's taken me four years (since we bought the house) to find someone to sweep it because it turns out it's been badly installed and there is no way to sweep it. It's costing over £1200 to get the burner adapted, chimney cleared and lined and all reinstalled to make it safe. It was put in ten years ago! And never swept, an accident waiting to happen.

:sigh: will the current money haemorrhage ever cease.

On the bright side as I mentioned earlier I am another 2lb down to 19st10 :). Roll on 18's. Stress of the work and not having my son here is making me want to raid the biccy tin while no ones here but I'm enjoying being in control (and thinner) much more. Strawberry shake for breaky. Cookie bar for lunch and curry for dinner I think.

A handcycle in the cold but bright sunshine with the doggy too this afternoon I think. Just to blow cobwebs away.

Have a super day all x

9/80 urggghhhh, I've just come back from my cycle and had to quit half way through I felt so weak. I've had no problem at all the last few days. I feel so drained. I've settled on the sofa for a couple of glasses of water and a bit of TV. I'm really worried about going out again with the dog later.

Has anyone else had a weak day on this? I'm a bit short of breath too

oh, I almost forgot,I'm got my welligogs raincoat on for the first time in years. Size 20! Zipped up and everything. Yippee

What a boost for the confidence fitting into the coat :) delighted for you, I know what that's like. Nothing feels better than heading in the right direction x
I have days where I'm very lightheaded, like, if I bend down and stand back up I feel like I might pass out, but I don't. I definitely can't shop til I drop like I used to be able to lol not sure if there's anything can be done about that, it has to be directly tied into the 600 cals we're having. Maybe you need to take in more cals with the exercise? Do you have any idea how many cals your burning on the cycle?

Thanks GEG. I've no idea what I'm burning on the cycle. I usually manage 2 miles no problem but it was really hard work today. I've never had to turn back before, even when heavier. Weird.

Ive had my dinner, curry, yum. I'm almost through 2 litres of water and I've had 3 mugs of hot drink today. I'm soooo cold.

Its tipping down outside, I really don't want to risk walking the dog again in the wet too in case I get stuck. He normally goes out at 7. I'm hoping he will make do with the garden tonight.

I should sleep well tonight but I'm missing my baby so much. I really can't wait until he comes home tomorrow evening.

Have a great evening all.

Yay you're in the 19s, well and truly! Brilliant. And the size 20 coat!

Take it easy with exercise whilst your daily calories are so low. Listen to your body. Fatigue shouldn't be ignored. You had surgery recently. Cambridge doesn't allow customers to use their products within three months of any operation x

Last edited:
S&S doesnt allow you to do their diet at all within 12 weeks of any kind of surgery unless it's very minor and even then you have to stay off for 2 weeks.

Anyway yeah do listen to your body, you're on so few calories and your body requires all of those calories just for its basic bodily functions. If you then burn extra calories it can really put pressure on the body and you could become unwell. The main thing is to not push yourself when your body is fatigued. Also remember that you dont have glycogen in your muscles on a vlcd, as that's lost when you first start along with water, and glycogen is what gives our muscles strength and stamina and comes from carbs, which is why athletes often carb up before events. Without it we can't do as much as we would be able to do on a "normal" diet.

That's right Jael. It's three months before you can use ANY Cambridge diet plans. And as you say there are strong health reasons for this whatever VLCD you use. Thank you! x

Thanks SS and Jael for your posts. I'm actually 3 months post op on 21 April. Doesn't time fly! That's one of the reasons I waited a bit to restart but I didn't know it was actually in the rules so thanks for that. I'm sure you're right about it being my body adjusting to ketosis. Once I'm in the swing my body will have nearly ten stone of fat to use up so I'm pretty sure there's enough energy in that to pick me up again.

Ive realised that this year I'm suffering hay fever. That seems to be knocking me out. I'm also reducing my morphine pain medication as of today which is an unpleasant business. I'm going to drink lots and rest as much as I can.

good news is I'm another 2lb down! 19st8 this morning, consistently. I weighed myself three times in case the unstable scales were fibbing.

I hope today's a good one for everyone. X

Back