Angie-bum's Diary

angie-bum

Gold Member
I started doing the Cambridge diet on 14th of August 2008, weighing 17 stone 1 and wearing mainly a tight size 20.

In my first month I lost nearly 2 stone. Some of that will be water and I hope that I will be able to lose about a stone a month until Xmas 2008. I am currently a tight size 18 and about 15.4

I havent been below 14 stone for 8 years, but previous to this I used to waver between 12 and 13 stone, which was okay for my height and bone structure.

The lowest I have been is 10 and a half stone and that is way too skinny for me.
I think I will need to get down to 12 stone and then look at whether another 7-14lbs need to come off, as from memory, 11to 11.7 stone looks good on me, but I was probably a tad bit skinny. I am in my 30's not my 20's and I realise that superskinny would not look right!
It will be a tussle between wanting to get into my skinny size 12's and not looking gaunt.

We will see.

I am starting to see the old me come back and that's good fun. I hope this diary will help me capture my thoughts about food, so I can learn about my relationship with food so I can just eat for fun and pleasure and not to stuff down other emotions.

I must say I couldnt have done it without minimins though. I have been truly inspired!

Hi there and well done on your weight loss so far :) Good luck for the rest of your weightloss journey :)
xx

Mmmm, erratic weight loss

Went to CDC tonight as picking up shakes before she goes on holiday. Was weighed and her scales say I have only lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks, ie 5 lb gain on my scales from a couple of days ago:break_diet:

However, this is still a learning curve for me. It tells me two things

1) I need to go 'off plan' less than I have been, and sole source for the rest of the week
2) I retain water, so I know I need to drink my water without fail, and if I have a big loss one week look at the following week and taking an average may be the best thing.

I know I am losing inches and you can not fail to lose weight on this diet. No diet works if you dont stick to it. No diet works if you give up at the first disappointing weight loss (or a slight gain), these are the things I have always done wrong before
Thinking i can do it by myself, without a guide
thinking that what is the point of dieting when you have been good all week and then put on

None of these excuses are good enough
I am staying on this diet until it comes off, no excuses. I am staying on this diet until I can say I am maintaining with ease.

So, how confident am I that I can do this?
60% confident. Until I can sole source it for a few days I will not feel on safe ground.
Okay, I know what I must do :wave_cry:

good luck on your weight loss, its best not to go too skinny it can look horrid..

noooo, wont be too skinny, but to be healthy and not obese would be nice!

You're doing really well! Well done :D

Things to be grateful for...

The trousers I slimmed into are now loose. I have to do my belt up to the 4th or fifth notch when it was on 2nd (and the links between are more than an inch apart). My friend saw me for the first time in a month and said that I had lost weight. And a colleague who I dont see that often told me how well I was looking healthy and had great skin (I said it was all the water and the vitamins)and that she could see I had lost it too!

I am starting to recognise my face again and though i have a few more lines around the eyes than 10 years ago, the fat is coming off my face and I seem to be losing the double chin without sagging skin..

I am wearing new contacts so can actually see my features and am dressing smart for work as I can now fit back in some of my clothes!!

I also know I will have lost some weight this week, so happy all round

:bliss: yay you!!! :bliss:

Thankyou muchly:)
:talk017:

wow, not used my diary much...probably cos I have been doing the blog instead. We anyway, have now lost 4 stone and want to lost another 1 to another 1 and a half stone. So am back on sole source and want to step firmly away from the 13 stone mark, have been wavering at this point since Christmas....just need to focus and get the job done. Plan: sole source tomorrow and lots of fluids

Not happy!

I know , i KNOW i have a good reason to be putting on weight, but I am currently about 5 lb lighter than I was just after christmas, but even i can see that I have filled out considerably in the last 4 weeks, I look about a stone and a half heavier!!! not happy!:confused: it's probably water retention too, cos I had gotten used to long and lean legs again, but they have chunkied up in the last 4 weeks too, so even though my waist band would just about let me wear my skinny jeans, my newly aquired tree trunk legs are making me feel and look fat. I have also put weight on my face, not fair! I have hardly put on any lbs (as I am only 5 lbs heavier than the weight I stabilised at) but am getting a lot of comments from work now about being bigger, 'ooh you can tell your pregnant now(thought I was covering well).... some twat (who looks like mr creosote) actually had the cheek to laugh at me this morning and say I was now undoing all my good work...stupid f-ing bar-steward.:copon:

sorry, my temper is a little shorter than usual :mad:

can't bloody win, those who are telling me I now look fat, gave me a hard time 2 months ago, telling me I shouldn't lose anymore grrrrrrrr!

I appear to be repeating history, 2 years later and I am still exactly the same

The only good thing about that is that the previous version of angle still managed to lose 40 lbs in 10 weeks and 4 stone in 4 months. This tells me that I should be able to do as well or better this time as I have been forewarned. I need to put the work in. It's not good enough cutting out the carbs, it's cutting out the greasy hi protein extras. I need to follow the plan. So more water, no nibbling!

Went to CDC tonight as picking up shakes before she goes on holiday. Was weighed and her scales say I have only lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks, ie 5 lb gain on my scales from a couple of days ago:break_diet:

However, this is still a learning curve for me. It tells me two things

1) I need to go 'off plan' less than I have been, and sole source for the rest of the week
2) I retain water, so I know I need to drink my water without fail, and if I have a big loss one week look at the following week and taking an average may be the best thing.

I know I am losing inches and you can not fail to lose weight on this diet. No diet works if you dont stick to it. No diet works if you give up at the first disappointing weight loss (or a slight gain), these are the things I have always done wrong before
Thinking i can do it by myself, without a guide
thinking that what is the point of dieting when you have been good all week and then put on

None of these excuses are good enough
I am staying on this diet until it comes off, no excuses. I am staying on this diet until I can say I am maintaining with ease.

So, how confident am I that I can do this?
60% confident. Until I can sole source it for a few days I will not feel on safe ground.
Okay, I know what I must do :wave_cry:

So am back at the coalface :)

I am so glad I kept a diary and a blog last time, I'm just sorry I didn't put in more detail about how I was feeling & the positive things, the harder parts, I just go from losing a few pounds to losing 4 stone!

I suppose when I lost it last time I didnt realise I was going to become pregnant or that my body would swell up so quick, even when the scales hadn't moved much

I slept walked through losing the weight and gained it again in a hormonal fug!

It's amazing to think I could be 14 stone in 6 weeks time and 13 stone in the next 10 weeks!!

Actually I am excited by that now ;-) I could be back in my skinny jeans in 10 weeks. But it's 10 weeks of hard work. 10 weeks of minimal straying, 10 weeks of having to be patient while I shrink slowly, of not quite getting into clothes, of not looking quite right of coming far but not being quite there

So I am eager to carry on, am eager to see the scales fall 3lb at a time

It's hard not eating what you want, of exercising self control when hungry and being faced with food, but it will be worth it,

I have an off the shoulder summer top and I want to wear that with my skinny jeans, I remember it well ;-)

Okay. Coming on here for motivation.
Back up to 16.7 but motivated to lose it again.
Good points: I know how to get into ketosis and my body does it quickly and fairly painlessly
I know the score I've sung it before..... Very well practiced at the low carb way.
I am going to do exercise this time and focus on losing the internal fat I know I have to
I know I can get bored on this diet, but as long as I up the protein and not have a bar until missy has eaten I am fine
I expect to do dukan on the weekends anyway.

I want a 2-3pm loss a week. That is doable.
Here we go again

Got my sights on Christmas again.

was 15.8 at start of Oct, 15.5 when I check beginning of week. Am going to have Friday as weigh in day, so tomorrow. Am focussed and confident.

God, I would love to be 12.7 for Christmas, so nice to get skinny again

Last edited:
15stone on the dot this am :) onward and downward :)

Okay was 16 stone this am

am aiming to lose 40lbs in 10 weeks. No cheating. Eating a pack of zero noodles a day if I have to
upping the eggs, having the odd whey powder to up the protein again, chomping on gelatin

I will get down to 13.7 I will! Then I will low gi it. I will

Good luck Angie - that 40lbs in 4months you lost before is impressive. No one here needs to tell you that you could do it again (of course you can!) - it's just whether you really want it ;-) I think you do so make sure you keep us up to date x

Thank you.

this is not am easy diet, but if you follow the rules, don't stray and keep walking forward it really works. I know it does. Have just got my order of S&S

tried the mango, yummy. Tried the choc cherry, okay but preferred the crispy shake
also tried couple of the cheese onion and s&s crisps....not bad. Ate a high protein wafer too. Have decided I can only have a snack pack on weigh in day IF I have lost at least 2lb and only at the end of the day

i will have the pasta carbonara half pack in about 2 hours then food when everyone else gets home, bulking it out with zero noodles

weekends and occasions are tricky but I won't stray even if it means I take a food pack and a flask of hotwater with me

Back