*angie*'s target maintainance diary

Thanks ladies :D

I am certainly having a grand day today. It is exactly a year since I first stepped into a slimming world class - gosh! what a difference in that year! It is amazing to think that I am now at target, and still maintaining my target weight (well, near enough :eek:)

As for today, the speed food challenge is doing well, and all meals will be on theme too! I had hoped for herring in tonights supper, but apparently (according to the fishmonger) they just can't be caught right now, so mackerel it is :D

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I am attempting to alternate red and green days - apparently doing this can give the best weight loss - worth a try eh!?

so, red today:

B 0% greek with strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. tea (milk HA)

L Wow!! I marinated some chicken breasts before I went into town in a mix of lemon juice, nat yog and spices (garlic and ginger, amchoor, chilli, garam masala, fenugreek, coriander, and cumin - i think that was it :rolleyes:), then when I got in I popped them under the grill and opened a bag :D of waitrose wholesome sprouting stir fry (which includes red pepper, chinese leaf, choi sum, edamame beans, cabbage, spring onion, aduki beans, sprouting chick peas, green peas and beansprouts), and turned it into a salad by adding coriander, mint, red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, toasted cumin seeds and ff dressing - followed by a banana!!!!

yum yum yum - I can almost taste it doing me good! I counted one B choice for the sprouting peas and beans.

Dinner tonight will be mackerel in a spicy red paste (lots more spices, yog, ginger, onions etc tom puree - 1 syn) and a kashmiri salad which is sort of coleslaw of red cabbage, red onion, red pepper, lettuce, cumin seeds, mayo (1 syn) and yogurt.

So, in total, 18 speed foods and 2 syns. can you see me getting lighter!?

Last edited:
*angie*, your diary is fabulous! I love reading your menu plan. That chicken & stir fry sounds yummy.

Thanks Couteaux - I find it helps me to focus on what I am doing.

In some ways, staying in a small target range is hard - you are allowed some extras, but not too many - and getting the balance is a tricky business. I had followed the plan 100% for 10 months, and so the 'desire' is to relax and 'not be on a diet anymore', but I know that if I really did just let the old habits come back (and they would so very quickly), then so would the old waistline lol!

I like being at target, and the freedom that it brings, but I have to work at it and in some ways be more focussed than when I was losing - cos I just followed the rules then - now I have to make my own!!

Anyway - enough of all that. No huge plan today, although I have some ideas and as I will be using both B choices this evening, I was careful to keep lunch free...

today is a green day

B 0% greek with the last of the strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. tea (milk HA)

L took my daughter out to the local cafe as a 'last day of the holidays treat'. She had fish fingers, chips and beans, I felt good having a large jacket potato with sweetcorn and cheddar (A) and a very large side salad (lots of speed foods - lettuce, cue, tom, carrot). Forgot to ask for no butter though, so will have to allow 4 syns for that (doh! but lovely though!!)

D will definitely be lamb chops (B+B) with some sort of spicy potatoes (yet to be decided) and I am tempted to try an interesting cucumber and pea (curry) side dish where the cucumber is cooked ... as I say, unplanned, but the theme is there, and I can look through my books later to make a final decision.

Definitely a Mojito tonight as hubby has got some limes and the mint is looking fantastic! (3 syns) and then a nice glass of red (6)

Bringing syns to 13, speed foods to 8 or 9.

I had better lose weight this week :rolleyes:

Well, saturday night is best considered as 'flexible' or 'oh crickey, that went tits up' whichever way you want to look at it :rolleyes: We had a good day on plan, but in the evening it was going to be tough as we had a village social meal (two choices for main, lots of puds, money to charideeee) .. AND we can walk there (we live seriously in the sticks, so walking anywhere is a treat!)

So, without having to write it all, dinner was baaaaad - involved pastry and brie (amonst other evils) and the pud had pastry and cream, and wine was - erm - enough to give me a hangover, and about 25 syns.

that's the line being drawn :D

So today I have been well behaved - Easy plan today:

B 0% greek, strawberries, banana and blackberries. tea (milk HA)

L I was still hungover, so did the equivalent of a fry up: joes cumberland sausage, bacon, beans, chunky potato wedge/chip things (skin on), grilled tomato. muller light

D Our lovely neighbour brought us round some homegrown asparagus (she has about 2lb a day!) so we had a starter of asparagus and soft boiled quails eggs, followed by a *fantastic* goan pork curry (inc 1 tbsp ev olive oil - HB) with rice.

No alcohol at all today (I had *quite* enough of that last night) but did have 10g chocolate easter egg - don't know the syns, but won't be 15!!

Speed foods inc:
strawberries,
blackberries
tomato
baked beans
asparagus

I *really* want to lose weight this week (weigh in tomorrow evening), so much so, that I am being really good - ALL the time! lol

Had hooping again today, now I can twirl it around my waist, then lift the hoop (while it is still twirling) and spin it in my hand above my head, then return it back again (whilst still twirling) to my waist!! Quite flash really, and I only clunked myself around the head a few dozen tomes lol!!!

All that excercise makes me hungry!

Today is green:

B 0% greek with banana, strawbs and blackberries. tea (milk HA)

L macaroni cheese bake (yum!) and experimental cross between macaroni cheese and sw quiche - very tasty :D eaten with homegrown potatoes and salad.

D will be salmon fillet (B) with an indian sprouting seed salad - LOTS of speedy foods in that! and probably a smal slice of rye sourdough bread (B) as I have just finished baking it and it is calling me ...

syns will be a G&T and probably a teeny bit (about 10g) of easter egg.

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in Angie, hope all your hard work this week (except saturday!) has paid off! xx

Thanks - hopefully as it was *just* the one evening, I will still see a loss - I was even good all day saturday!

Good luck for your weigh in Angie, hope you get a loss with all those speed foods, will be watching this space!! xx

wow angie your food diary is amazing there are so many nice things on them they sound soo yummy, can i ask how do you make the rice pudding with toffee muller please these sounds so yummy i have made the plain SW rice pudding (with skimmed milk) but it is not quite right for me it's not creamy enough maybe the toffee muller would make it nicer for me - yum yum - i really look forward to reading you recipes and diarys xx

Gosh! I forgot to update yesterday - I lost 1/2lb yay! Not huge, but after the excesses of Saturday, and it being * week, I am positive that all those speed foods make a difference.

Yesterday was weigh in, and I saved my syns through the day to have the pizza in the evening - I have posted the recipe (*angie's skinny Fiorentina Pizza) on the boards, so it is there for posterity.

Today, the sun is shining, and I have spent the morning doing the garden - we are moving at the end of June, so I am trying to make it look tip top for going on the market :D Must have achievd something as hubby took me out for lunch as a reward.

Today will probably now be mix2max

B I have run out of 0% greek :eek: - off to the shops later!! So instead had 2 slices of toast (HB) and a banana. tea (milk HA)

L I had a *lovely* lunch - green - stuffed sweet potato with vegetables and feta (HA) on a lentil and herb salad - totally delicious! There was a liberal dousing of olive oil though, so shall count that as a (B) choice today.

D well, when the sun shines like this I do like a piece of steak - red - so griddled steak with a large rocket or herb salad will be all we need having eaten out.

probably a glass of nice red (6) syns.

Hope the sun is shining where you are!

wow angie your food diary is amazing there are so many nice things on them they sound soo yummy, can i ask how do you make the rice pudding with toffee muller please these sounds so yummy i have made the plain SW rice pudding (with skimmed milk) but it is not quite right for me it's not creamy enough maybe the toffee muller would make it nicer for me - yum yum - i really look forward to reading you recipes and diarys xx

Thank you Katie - it amazes me that anyone would want to read my diary, so if you are finding it interesting, that pleases me greatly :)

The rice pud is dead easy really - I cook pudding rice in water in a pan until it is completely cooked through - I use a scoop of rice (about 50g) to 3 scoops of water - you may need to add a little more as it cooks. When it is done, ideally all the water will be absorbed - you could always drain it if need be.

Then, transfer the rice into a tub and stir in one tofee muller light, and one chopped banana. This makes about 2 good portions, so I like to have one straight away while still warm and put the rest in the fridge for cold later, or even for breakfast.

This tastes just like muller rice (funny that!!!) but is free on green and easy :D

Thank you Katie - it amazes me that anyone would want to read my diary, so if you are finding it interesting, that pleases me greatly :)

The rice pud is dead easy really - I cook pudding rice in water in a pan until it is completely cooked through - I use a scoop of rice (about 50g) to 3 scoops of water - you may need to add a little more as it cooks. When it is done, ideally all the water will be absorbed - you could always drain it if need be.

Then, transfer the rice into a tub and stir in one tofee muller light, and one chopped banana. This makes about 2 good portions, so I like to have one straight away while still warm and put the rest in the fridge for cold later, or even for breakfast.

This tastes just like muller rice (funny that!!!) but is free on green and easy :D

I do find your diary's interesting, your meals are always amazing, and it really gives me motivation when i see what people have done with their foods, it makes me think wow i will give that a try when thinking what to have rather than, oh same again for tea tonight, if you know what i mean :)

yummy yum yum, I am defo going to try this rice pudding again (last time i made it, it wasn't very nice, no yoghurt i think that might have been why), have you done it with any other flavours and do you add any sweetener, well done on the loss this week hun :)

xx

I tried it once with the vanilla muller with chocolate sprinkles - the chocolate melted and it was nice and vanilla-ish. I have also used the blackcurrant one (lovely) and the blueberry one (not so keen - maybe needed some sweetener) - I don't add sweetner, but you could add some to taste after you have added the muller.

Well - an update on tea is that the steak looked very lacklustre in the shop, so I bought two poussin instead (one each, not two for me lol!) I will spatchcock them, crack lots of pepper and squeeze a lemon over them. roasting them is a good alternative to the BBQ. I also picked up a rocket, spinach and watercress salad to have with it :)

AND ( I just remembered) I saw some yellow stickered king prawns, so they had to come home too - I was hoping to dig out an old recipe for a fat free chilli sauce - I wonder if I find it whether it will be SW friendly?

I was just about to say that would make a great breakfast, could I use activia fat free yoghurt as Muller are not vegetarian friendly?

Well done on the 1/2lb loss x

Thank you - It does make a lovely breakfast, as filling as porridge, but no A or B choices used :) I am sure you can make it with any yoghurt - about 50g rice needs about 200ml yog. I have also made it with vlf fromage frais and fresh raspberries - that was good too :)

I have got back from town, and the market has supplied me with some lovely food treats :D

Today I thought I would try two meals from the SW magazine, if I follow their recipes then surely I *must* lose weight lol!

Today is a red day:

B 0% greek with a banana and strawberries. Tea (milk HA)

L large Greek salad with cucumber, tomatoes, green pepper, red onion, feta cheese (HA), 7 olives (1/2 syn) with 60g homemade sourdough wholemeal rye bread (which I am counting as a B choice). A really tasty lunch. I shall grab a piece of fruit in a moment.

D Gammon steak, sw chips (HB, skins on), either fresh pineapple or egg (shall decide later as I have both) and sugar snap peas. I know that I will have ketchup with this (2 syns??) a I always do ...

not sure about syns today - we shall see where the fancy takes me ... probably to the drink (again) <hic!>

I'll give it a go, sounds yummy, will it make 2 decent breakfast size portions? Oh sorry and should I use normal basmati rice or pudding rice? Thanks hun

Back