*angie*'s target maintainance diary

I am back and had to go straight to weigh in. Disappointingly I gained 2 lbs tonight. Not an enormous surprise but still amazed at how little I am able to relax around the plan and I seem to gain so easily - it really drums home how good I will have to be when I am in the US for a month this summer to stay even vaguely near my target.

Anyway - now I am at target + 2.5lb, so have to be a very good girl next week to ensure the scales move downwards!

I shall post tomorrow with my food diary for the day. As for tonight I will stay on plan rather than blow out, and have SW chips and burgers on a chunky tomato sauce.

Good morning -

Not that I step on the scales each morning :rolleyes: .. but this morning I was pleased to see my pre weekend away morning weight on the scales! Hurrah! Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought, and just had post holiday and travelling all day bloat.

Mind you - a good week on plan will give me a good weight loss regardless, and I shall stick with the standard plan and see how I go :D

Today I am going to have a mix2max day - I haven't got to the shops yet, and since hubby is not working from home this week (I don't like it when he's not about :() I can just stick to quick and easy lunches.

B - 0% greek with strawberries, raspberries and a banana. tea (milk HA)

snack - was really hungry this morning (lots of organising clearly makes me hungry - we are moving house in 6 weeks) so grabbed a banana. That's a good thing - M2M helps me snack more on fruit, if it had been a green day it would have been a mugshot.

L - green - either a big bowl of pasta with passata, but I don't have many fresh veggies in until I get to the shop this afternoon so instead I might do an omlette and sw chips with a salad instead with a slice of just-out-the-oven sourdough (HB :D).

D - Murgh kebabs - but made with turkey lol! Indian (minced turkey) spiced kebabs with a kashmiri salad (1/2 syn for the mayo used) - bread roll (HB)

Right - gotta go and sort an energy certifiate HIP pack for the move ... dull dull dull

Hi Angie, welcome back, hope you enjoyed your break.
I totally agree with you though, the minute we relax a bit too much and stray from the plan the pounds creep on! I can put a couple of pound on during an indulgent weekend.... the good thing is getting straight back on track!

Mix to max is great for snacking on superfree food, I try to do this when following red/green/EE though if possible as I do think it has got to be better than "free" food.

Have a good day!
Jayxx

I was going to talk about a 2 lb gain not being bad for holiday (as it's exactly what I gained too) but your cheeky weighing yesterday scuppered that! ;) It appears your relaxing only had a very temporary effect on you...well done.

Have a great week this week...I'm sure you'll be back at your target in no time!

I was going to talk about a 2 lb gain not being bad for holiday (as it's exactly what I gained too) but your cheeky weighing yesterday scuppered that! ;) It appears your relaxing only had a very temporary effect on you...well done.

Have a great week this week...I'm sure you'll be back at your target in no time!

Lol! But I shall not count those chickens just yet - the only scales I really believe are the class ones, and what they say goes :rolleyes: I still plan to be well behaved this week, and if it wasn't as bad as I thought,then I will have a great result next week.

Well done on only 2lb whilst away though - you were away a while (10days ish?) and that is a great achievement with all that temptation around.

Have a great week - looks like a few of us are being 'good' this week :cool:

Sensible thoughts. Going on class scales is the way to go... Loving your positive attitude :)

Yep, 10 days ish off work - a week in France but I didn't get back on track until after class on Wednesday. I managed to lose 3.5lbs this week, which is amazing! I haven't ever lost that much in a week so I'm delighted.

Having another good week this week - not that I expect to lose as much again, because I haven't in previous 'good' weeks. But this good loss was the spur I needed!

Wow! 3.5 lb is a great loss - no wonder you are pleased - keep up the good work!! :D

Today I am having a green day, and as I haven't had tea yet, thought it was about time to jot it down as I am liable to forget my B's on green days :eek:

B - 0% greek with raspberries, strawberries, banana and tea (milk HA)

L - jacket potatoes with cottage cheese and sweetcorn and an enormous salad - lettuce, cue, peppers, toms, celery, ff dressing - almost too much!

snacking on grapes and another banana

D - will be pasta with mushrooms and onion and goats cheese (B), side salad (mainly leaves)

another B of wholemeal sourdough with an A of cheese will make sure I have all my HE's today ... I read recently that the added calcium in the A choices can speed your loss, so weighed cheese here I come :D

I have only just come across your thread and I have to say you are an inspiration, your food menus are fab and I am hooked!!! well done on your weight loss and maintenance;)

:thankyou:

For a few days at least, I shall be keeping a focus on Speed foods, and eating lots of superfree foods, and no social events this weekend, I might shift the excess on Tuesday lol!

So today will be Extra Easy:

B 0% greek with strawberries (s), blackberries (S) and blueberries (s). tea (milk HA)

L wholemeal sourdough (HB) with smoked salmon, a squeeze of lemon, a sprinkle of parsley and a nice big salad. Fruit after (if I remember!)

D I fancy fish and chips tonight, so I shall make SW chips and maybe have some haddock (speed?), but I shall see what looks good on the fish counter, depending on the fish, I shall have either garden peas or mushy peas (both speed foods) - that, and a squeeze of lemon will do me nicely :D

Syns will be in the form of a nice bottle of white wine shared with hubby (12 syns) and maybe a dollop of tartare sauce (2+?) for the fish ...

<I wonder if I could make my own tartare using gerkins and capers and vlf mayo for less syns? ... slopes off to look through cookery books>

Mmmm, I love SW fish, chips and mushy peas. I'm having yummy asparagus and poached eggs for lunch today, ready for it now!! And I have to go out for a chinese banquet tonight with family.....flexi syn day I think!

Have a lovely day Angie.
xx

Yum - asparagus and poached eggs, lovely ... I could recommend just a shave or two of parmesan as well if you have it in the fridge and are happy to syn/HA it - just 2 or 3 shaves is all you need (probably only about 1 syns worth needed to make all the difference :D)

Hope you enjoy the chinese buffet tonight - it is ages since I have been to one of those.

I have bought some lemon sole - so thats tea sorted - looking forward to it already (I am starving ... off to grab an apple!)

Well dinner was lovely last night - I made a tartare sauce mixing chopped gherkins, capers, ff fromage frais, lf mayo, lemon juice and parsley - it was lovely!

Today is a day in, getting stuff done in preparation for the impending move. In reality, that means it all looks 'worse before it looks better' which is disheartening - and dusty!

Today is red

B 0% greek with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. tea (milk hA)

L large ham salad with pickled onions, bread (HB), cheese (HA) and a jelly/muller for pudding (1/4 syn!!)

D will be something like a french cassulet, but I haven't really thought about it yet - I have some Joes sausages (free) and will use some tinned cannelini beans (HB) and tinned tomatoes - but beyond that, I am not sure ... a salad on the side (probably!)

syns will be drunk this evening as usual :D

Thank you Mary x

I had a great weigh in result as I lost 3lb (ie I lost my 2lb gain from the previous week and a bit more) and *finally* tucked just under my target weight to be able to get my 2 stone sticker. Yay!!

... and in our house, stickers mean cake :D (I never got many stickers :eek:) so one slice of lemon and mascapone cheesecake later I was a very happy girl :D

I am finding things a little tough at the moment - we are moving house in :)eek:) 5 weeks and the related list of things to do is just getting longer and longer. Whilst everything is happening, I am struggling t plan our meals in advance, and I worry that if I relax on this, some of those quick labour-saving-bad-choices come back in.

Take today - the decoraters are in. Gloss paint everywhere, and all the windows open (gloss paint actually makes me quite ill - my throat glues up and I feel like I have mild flu) to let the smell out. I *had* to get out (I was freezing!) so managed to convince hubby to buy me lunch at the local pub ... yes, I made good choices (leek and potato soup followed by chicken and veg skewer with red pepper sauce, rice and salad), but this is exactly how I put weight on - lots of meals out, too many treats, too much alcohol (really, the move is starting to test my organisational skills, wine and gin are needed).

The bud needs nipping before it is too late. I just need to find the time/motivation/headspace to sit down and construct a healthy menu that I fancy and that uses up the freezer contents.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

As for tea tonight - I don't know - I hate not knowing. Maybe a risotto.

I will cheer up - probably about the same time the to-do-list feels under control, and I stop feeling sick from the smell of the paint.

I sympathise with you Angie, I really do! I like to plan meals for the week and hate it when I am unorganised.
Tiredness is my big one, if I'm tired I'll persuade OH to have a chinese or pizza (it doesn't take much persuading either) and I eat more snacky food.
The thing is, it's so easy to do some pasta and add some tomatoes and veg but.....
Oh well, I hope you are feeling better soon and the smell of paint has gone. Here's to a better day! Jay xx

Thanks Jay, I am glad I made an effort to post my ramblings - it helped me find the motivation to cook a risotto (and it was just what I needed too - complete comfort food :eek:) My hubby is also easily persuadable. Its lovely when I need a treat, but means it is always me that has to decide to be good and stick with the plan - he really doesn't mind -he just eats what he is given!

I think I will probably give myself a bit of a break and have a few EE days. They are easier to plan (and stick to if unplanned), and good for maintenance - I went to the butcher and the grocer this morning and picked up a few bits, so I will sit down after lunch (asparagus and poached eggs) and think about a menu that uses all my tasty things up.

The decorators have finished. In two days the smell will have gone - the end of feeling rubbish is in sight!

I do enjoy your diary Angie! :)

Thanks particularly to Weemo, Helliecopter and Jay for looking after me, and believing in me and my diary even when I feel less than great -

... normal service will return soon. A tasty weekend of EE menus has been planned :D

and heck - I am still maintaining :D

I am trying to find my zone again - I am sure I left it around here somewhere ... :eek:

Anyway, with a bit of planning and a fair amount of stubbon determination, I shall have an on track EE weekend, full of nice things.

Today

B 0% greek, raspberries, strawberries and banana. tea (milk HA)

L - well, brunch really! - joes sausages, bacon, beans, mushrooms, grilled toms, crispy potatoes - all freeee! this is why I love slimming world!

D I will be making a smoked salmon and asparagus quiche (eggs, cottage cheese, milk) with ... wait for it ... pastry. :eek: 9 syns per portion (makes 4 portions - two for me and hubby today, two for tomorrow). With a big salad and jersey royal potatoes. And still with the pastry I can have a lovely glass of chilled white wine (6) and stay on target with 15 syns :D

Just realised typing this out though, that I still have a B choice to use :confused: no idea where I shall fit that in lol

Tomorrow, my brother is coming over for lunch (with his heavily pregnant wife), so we will have SW friendly roast pork, roasties, lots of veg, and a proper rice pudding for desert (made with HA milk each). Tea will be the other portion of quiche, either with SW chips or more jersey royals and salad. My 2 HE's will be milk (I'm not sure if that is technically allowed, but it will be what I am doing regardless :confused:)

So in one weekend of staying on track my 'diet' includes pastry, wine, roast dinners, saturday brunch and rice pudding. Its not really all that bad is it?!;)

Back