*angie*'s target maintainance diary

Great WI result. How was the consultant? Any better than the last one?

The soup sounds fabulous. I love "soup with substance" and don't mind having it as a meal (OH wouldn't agree though).

Consultant seemed nice - very welcoming, and seem a friendly bunch at class too - I will be back :D

Last night we went to the ale pub, so drank beer not G&T. Stuck to 1.5 pints though, which has to be a good thing (rather than 3 like normal). Unsure of syns, but I didn't have the cupcake, so it probably balances out. Still, practice itself was a massive workout - two hours of banging a *big* drum is very hard work! I am also trying to up my exercise by stealth at the moment - I am trying to walk a bit quicker, cycle a bit faster, and take opportunities when they arise - so on that note, I will be swimming today :eek: !!! DD has her lesson, so I thought I would swim while she does rather than sit on the side and natter with the mums. One of the other mums is going to join me, so I have to do it now, can't let her down! I'm sure it will be fun :rolleyes:

anyhoo - today is green:

B strawberries, banana and activa. tea (milk A)

L egg chips and beans. bread (B) and spread (2) fruit and/or yog

snack after swimming (cos DD has a curly wurly and so I have to have something packed lol!)- Alpen light bar (1/2 B choice)

D baked BNS filled with mushroom risotto (cheese A, tsp oil 1/2B)

Gosh! Went AWOL again - thankfully, food didn't, and although I had some nice treats, stayed largely on plan over the weekend.

Today is green. I have to go into town for lunch today as the band is 'drumming' :)D) up support for international womens day. So I am going to meet DH in town and have lunch at Eat. Either one of their big noodle soups, or an ordinary soup if it is green day (+B) friendly.

Green
Milk A

B strawberries and banana and activa. tea
L at 'Eat' - probably a big noodle soup and an apple. That's my normal standby choice. Allowing a B choice for meat in soup if that's the option.
D tapas night (aka clear out the fridge night) - patas bravas (spicy cubed potatoes), spanish tortilla, albondingas (meatballs in tom sauce B), 'fried' beans, salad, olives (1), spicy cherry peppers, garlic mushrooms.

Looking forward to it :D

Me again! Weigh in last night was +0.5 so fine for maintenance, but I am *right* at the top of the target zone, so it has to be sts or loss next week - would be good to see a decent sized loss for a change - I seem to be able to stay the ssme, so if I could stay the same but 3lb lighter than I am now, then that would be perfect!

Not going to be an 'easy' week for me to lose, it is my birthday on sunday, so Friday night we are off out for a meal, and sunday we will be in London for the day, also eating out. The plan therefore is to have lots of 100% meals/days around the treats, and hopefully *still* come out with a loss, however small. Sounds like a plan!

Today - red

B banana, strawbs and rasps, activa. tea (milk A)
snack - apple
L 'KFC' style chicken breast 'nuggets' (2 syns for white breadcrumbs, otherwise free) with gigantic salad inc lettuce, toms, cue, peppers, apple, carrot and anything else found in fridge!
D Gammon, egg, sw chips (skin on, B), asparagus and courgette.

no booze at home, so that I can have a drink after band practice tonight.

hmmm. I am actually quite disappointed in myself, and thus feeling down. arrgh.

Did so well food wise yesterday, and everything was 100% until I went out in the evening. It was a friend at band's birthday - so large choc smarties cake appeared (1 sllice eaten :(), two pints ale (better than planned, so OK there), then ended up in the chippy on the way home and had a small portion of 'fries' :(:( Don't know why I do these things to myself ...

so, I'm not going to play catch up - insead, starting from this morning, I simply start again again,

Green
A milk
A cheese
B w/m roll
B 2 alpen lights - one for after swimming <polish halo>

B berries and activa. tea.
L pasta with huge amount of veg in tomato sauce. celery, peppers, leek, mushrooms, onion, green beans (etc in fridge) ...
D homemade bean and rice burgers. (kidney beans, rice, pepper, spices, cheese) in a wholemeal bun with lots of sw chips and a side salad.

thank you - so far, so good.

Pasta and veg sauce turned into veg chilli and rice. Better because I wasn't tempted to start adding cheese or anything daft ... mind you, was a bit heavy handed with the chilli - even DH agreed it was a tad lively!

Well, I have had the most fantastic birthday weekend - and not toooooo naughty syns wise either (I must quickly point out that I was also far from angelic, but if I momentarily consider the damage I *could* have done, then I should feel good :D)

So, straight back on track today - I am still at the top of my target range, and just want to be lower (in the middle would be great) so back to plan and see what the scales say tomorrow :eek:

Today is red:

B large activa and banana. tea (milk A)
snack another banana :eek: must buy some more fruit!
L @nando's with DH before cinema (Alice in wonderland 3D - he is bunking off work so we can avoid needing a babysitter!) yay! quarter chicken with the big salad, diet cokes. yum yum yum and only 2 syns IIRC.
D h/m lamburgers in w/m bun (B) and large Kashmiri salad (an indian coleslaw - with red cabbage, pepper, lettuce, spring onions, chilli, garam masala, 0% yog and vlf mayo (1 syn))

another B and another A available. Along with 12 syns. I am off to Lindy-hop class tonight, so I shall see how I get on!

Hiya! hectic hectic hectic lol!

WI was on tuesday evening, and I maintained! woop woop!! Given that my birthday weekend consisted of 4 restaurant meals, I must have done well on my SE days in between :D

I am still at Target+3, so still not paying (for the moment), but well aware that a few pounds off would make life a lot easier (and certainly less stressful on Tuesday) for me. I just find it *so very* hard to start the downward shift again... maintaining brings with it certain 'treats' and allowances that are hard to pull back on. I *am* trying to be good, but it isn't always easy :(

Trying to stay on red and green days where practical. I find that EE is too easy to cheat on :eek:

Green today
B banana, blueberries, 0% greek
snack - mugshot
L tofu with chilli, onion, peppers w/s boiled rice. chinese tea. 1 steamed char sui bun (syns!?? guess 5 ish ...)
after swim snack ryvita goodness bar (B)
D felafel, cous cous, hummus (tahini = 1/2B), some sort of tom/cue/parsley salad.

g&t (2.5), wine (6)

I had another great weekend - both in life and food wise. Made some great choices, went out, partied and had lots of fun! Even stuck to G&T when out - so I know I did good :D

With weigh in on Tuesdays, I always love a monday for feeling good about what I eat - if I had a naughty weekend, I can start again and get it right, if I had a good weekend, I can try to keep it up and 'bank it' for the tuesday evening weigh in hurrah!

I am also keeping to a minimum of 1.5L water daily - 500ml before lunch, 500ml before school pick up, 500ml before bed, then extra with meals. So far so good :D

Today is EE (despite saying that it is easier to cheat on, it is also easier for family meals, and that is what we have today as I am heading out to try a Lindy-hop class and dance this evening :eek:

Sooooo:

B - banana, raspberries and activa ff yog. tea (milk A)
snack - lots of grapes and 2 slices of ham
lunch - sw chips, hm pate big big salad and bread (B) to make a sandwich.
D - braised roast beef leftovers, roast potatoes, BNS, carrots, kale and whatever else needs to be used! followed by a big fruit salad (already made - I know DH and DD will want to raid the cake tin, so I am best having it ready!) maybe with ff fromage frais. maybe not :)

Woop! Lost 1lb at WI last night, so that can keep the motivation going for a few days :D Now at T+2, so getting back to the middle of the zone again hurray!

I am trying to empty the freezer at the moment - its a jumble of yummy stuff, just waiting to be eaten, so I listed it all :eek: and have planned meals for the next 3 days.

Today EE

B - banana, raspberry and aciva ff. tea (A)
snack - chicken breast ???!
L - hm rice and beanburgers in bun (B) with big yummy salad
D - paella - rice, peppers, toms, chicken, seafood. salad

OUt at band practice tonight, so will not drink at home, can't see any reason for syns in food, so can have a drink or three this evening :D

Hope you have a good day too

Hellooooo!

I had much fun at band last night - and was (fairly!) well behaved in the pub too - 2 pints of lager and 2 pints of water - yay! - so that was my syns for yesterday.

Today I will be swimming (again!) while DD is in her lesson - I have been increasing by 2 lengths each week, so maybe 26 lengths today (650m - just over a mile) and if I can do it in less than the 30 mins, I even get 5 mins in the ''jacuzzi'' at the end :D gotta love rewards

Today is EE

B activa ff, banana and apple. tea (milk A)
L meeting DH in town - often we will eat at Eat - so either one of the soups or one of the yummy noodle bowls which I count as free coz it is all goodness!
snack after swimming will be an alpen light (1/2 B) - not sure where my other 1/2 B will emerge, but I am sure it will :)
D beef bourginon(sp), mash and carrots, kale, loadsa veg :D

oops! nearly forgot my syns - wine (6) but not a g&t as we are eating early tonight. there are some yummy (fairly) low syn cakes in the cake tin at the moment - maybe when DH is out this evening I shall treat myself and sample one (4)

Maintained :)

I thought I should have lost a little :(

Target +2, so still in zone :)

Bah! It's so hard to lose even a pound when at target. Keep on with it, you'll get there Angie. Have a good Easter. xx

Thank you - and you too :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - I am a little overwhelmed at the moment - I am trying to menu plan for the weekend - MIL and FIL are staying here (only eat food with vast amounts of fat, double cream and bread etc), diabetic daughter, me and DH trying to stay on plan... so I need low-ish carb, low fat but tastes like high fat, doesn't take too long to prepare (or can be prepared in advance) Easter treat family food for a long weekend :sigh:. I am getting there but I have been putting it off for days - so far spent over an hour on the master plan this morning...

Once its done, then I can work out the shopping list. shop for it and prep it. Then perhaps I can tidy and clean the house, move all the bedrooms around.

I need to chill, and start getting buzzy about band tonight. Maybe some fresh air is needed :eek:

Back