Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
Hi All,

thanks for the messages. I do feel great and timing is perfect :D I've made it to goal but with only 12kg to lose was not so hard after all. Keeping it off now might be! So keep an eye on me. Hence this diary which may only get written to very intermittently but I thought I'd make a start anyway!

My plan this week is:
Today - carry on PP with a little 'treat' veggies and a 'naughty' Muller light with sprinkles as my reward for making it.

From tomorrow: PV all the way, except Thursdays, woohoo!
Add a fruit (apple) and allow a fruit yoghurt. A slice of homemade wholemeal bread (sliced and weighed waiting for me in the freezer!). Add cheese - I found Babybels are nearly the right size when you're in a rush, and I have bought parmesan, I guess a TB grated should be about equivalent.
Treat restaurant meal on Sat
Pasta meal probably on Weds
PP on Thu.

I am determined not to a, count calories and b, weigh everything all the time. I don't have OCD yet and I'd rather not acquire some habits now.

Now I'm away from home in London for 3 days. Staying in a nice apart-hotel in Kensington with a Sainsbury, Tesco, Waitrose near so things should be fairly manageable.

No more stepping on scales every day!

Oh and I re-read the book on conso attentively this time. The good Doctor DOES say to do it in two halves - add one carb and one treat meal for the first half of conso and then you're allowed two each for the second half.

Another thing - as I was reading up last week, I saw on the French internet sources that we're supposed to have whole wheat pasta, and I have bought some (hope the kids will eat it too!). But no mention of it in the English book unless I was so sleepy when reading that I missed it again.

Now my conso will reach into January - managing Christmas (I need home-made Christmas baking! Very important in German culture ;)) will be a challenge to say the least!

Jo - yes I do have a French acquaintance who's also doing Dukan, started independently of me and says she found out from her mum in France.

And I promise some photos when I get the chance! Also some from 'the archives'. The difference is not drastic as far as I am concerned but people are definitely noticing. My shape is still my old one, just a bit slimmer ;)

Have a good weekend everyone and you'll hear from me next week sometime.

Last edited:
good luck anju , im dreading when my conso starts because cruise seems really easy and we and you have a lot more to think about !!

so all the luck hunny !!

Hey anja 12 kilos is nearly 2 STONE so please stop belittling your achievement! You stuck to it brilliantly and didn't let yourself get sidetracked by our ... err... weekend deviations!

I for one will be very keen to follow your progress...

<and what's wrong with having OCD??????????????????????
Vicky - shall I blow her page up? trouble is, it would bother US more than her most likely!>

AGAIN, fabulous work - and I want to hear all about your first treat meal too... some have had problems finishing it, and felt ill after it, but can't say I ever had that!

actually one of us that might stick to the Dukan Conso? :) wonders will never cease

congrats on the goal Anja and good luck with conso :) (hugs)

Have an excellent weekend and enjoy your first celebration meal!:D

Fantastic! Have a great few days away, enjoy those treats xxx

Hello I'm back!

Thanks for all your messages, sorry about the comment about OCD - my DH is a determined double-checker of things, that's all, so I don't want to become an scales-addict.

My weekends was GREAT (my sister, London and Muse, in that order :D ) We walked miles and miles so any surplus calories I ate must surely been used up already :)

Foodwise it was quite easy too. I had taken some essentials - dukan bread and some other homemade snack foods so with a trip to Sainsbury's daytime was nearly sorted. Little babybel cheese made up some of my cheese rations though I am switching to proper cheese now.

On Friday lunchtime I actually bought a ready-made Sandwich from M&S, it was a rustic (white) roll with just tomatoes cheese and nice ham (no fat), and hooray no butter / spread / mayo. I had half the roll and all the filling, I recon there was my allowed dose of cheese in it! And they also do mixed salads of just lettuce/veg (without the usual pasta, couscous or potato) with dressing in a separate sachet. Guilt-free Lunch sorted.
Took some picnic food (cooked chicken from home and cherry toms, an Apple) to Wembley, also sorted.

Saturday evening we found a nice litte restaurant and I had starter: prawn salad with nice creamy dressing, and main: veal escalope with yummy garlic butter, some potatoes and a bit of salad, a roll with a scaping of butter. I managed to finish it without a problem and no ill-after effects. It's usual from me (and my sister) not to have dessert if we've had a starter and vice versa so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Now today was my daughter's 3rd birthday, so I had to :p eat one of the chocolate crispy cakes she made yesterday, and I also a small slice of chocolate birthday cake. I did the same at DD1s birthday in July.

No other real 'cheating' going on though. From tomorrow I am going to start eating my slice of wm bread a day, as well as the cheese.

We'll see if I can last till Friday to step on the scales!

Now I'm planning more special treat cooking for next weekend.

We also have tons of Apples around now so I've been making stewed Apple (no addtions) for the freezer, and am planning a crumble for the next weekend treat to use more of them! At least any chutney I make will have to mature till christmas!

Now I'll try and catch up with some reading... Hope you all had a good weekend too!

Lovely to read about your weekend, and your introduction to Consolidation. It sounds as if you're well in control of the situation, and that's excellent!

Hi again,

so here I am. Yesterday lunchtime I had cheese on toast, now that was a treat :D
Amazing what a smallish slice of bread and two TB grated cheese can mean to you :)

Oh and something else I wanted to share about the weekend. My bra size :(. We had fun trying bra's in M&S but that revealed that I am now a 38 AA - eeek. 36 definitely too tight, and shape-wise I do need undewires. I found one that fitted in the teen section, which I immediately bought but in futuer I think I'll have very limited in choice. Has anyone got experience of 'bra extenders' those straps you can insert at the back - that might allow me to buy 36AA, at least a size that's actually manufactured more often.
Boo why does one / do I always lose weight on the bust first....

Back to work...

i think u can buy the bra extenders from avon ive got one they are good !!!

and well done wtih ur conso !!

Last edited:
My back has shrunk, cup-size hasn't. Our bodies are weird things!

Don't know about bra extenders. Have you tried online for bra stockists? Did a quick google and got this.

Off to dream of cheese on toast. Glad you enjoyed it.

Here's a link to order one online from John Lewis:
John Lewis Value 28mm Bra Extender, White - Find great deals when shopping at Shopzilla UK

Most of us alas found our boobies went with our kilos... some of the lucky ladies here have managed (so far) to keep theirs though - most unfair! Mine have long gone and I'm 36A now... and I don't get on with the underwires but there is ONE bra at M&S that I love, they sell them in 2s, and I buy 6 each time I'm home!

yeah I've noticed my back size has dropped - so have been fastening the bras on the tightest clips :)

weightloss is a funny old thing :)

Ok,

here we have three days worth of Conso menus (would you prefer them on the menu thread? A second menu tread?)

Monday was bad in terms of going to convenience foods:
B: Dukan porridge, WW fruit yoghurt
S: Apple
L: Cheese on toast (1slice), lean roast pork (from a packet), cottage cheese, tomatoes
D: 2 poultry sausages, Beetroot salad (cooked beetroot, a few gherkins chopped), Red Pepper and cottage cheese Salad. A forbidden TB fresh sweetcorn from the garden (my one and only opportunity to eat it this year, we only had 4 cobs and they taste TO DIE FOR!)
toffee yoghurt

Exercise: swimming (supporting DD2 so not much actual swimming), cycling 7 miles

Tuesday:
B: Dukan Porridge + stewed apple, two bites of fresh pear from DD1s left-over.
S: bread with extra light type cream cheese
L: Smoked salmon with mustard & cottage cheese. Egg. Beetroot salad from last night.
D: Homemade beefburgers (extra-low fat mince), baked Squash with cheese ration, quark&mustard 'Mayo'.
Lemon yoghurt

Cycling: 7 miles

Wednesday:
B: Dukan Porridge with cinnamon and Quark (makes it more creamy)
L: Burger and squash left over from last night, bread with extra light type cream cheese. Stewed apple.
D: WM Pasta with steamed broccoli and salmon, possibly with a Quark-type sauce (the rest of the family is having proper cheese sauce!)
Yoghurt

Cycling: 5 miles
==================

It's making life easier to be able to eat the left-over from the previous night right away! I was always juggling amounts of Veg in the fridge, now it's getting a bit tidier!

Looking good Anja. Did you make your own bread in the end? I used to love CRUNCHING an apple after weeks without; interesting that you prefer them purée'ed!

Have you been hungry at all? Anything else you've noticed different since moving into Conso?

For your PP tomorrow, you might be advised to plan an extra snack than you used to have in Cruise in case you're starving! Just a thought! I never minded my PP days, but some found them tough after a while of enjoying the other Conso things.

Keep us abreast!

Back