Consolidation Anjuschka's journey through Conso (closed)

Vicky, you need to be added to my contacts (done), and also the proper 'after' photos still don't exist!

hey anju i hope(actually i know) ur doing well because ur the one i think on this board we can all look up to coz ur finally on the proper conso well done !!!!!!

Morning Anja..

I agree with Jet :) You're going to succeed where I am definitely failing :D...

Hope you're having a good one hun and your LO is feeling better xxx

anja you are looking amazing!

Hi all,

many thanks for the compliments, really appreciate them. People still ask me hesitantly about my new figure, expecting that there might be a medical worrysome reason for my weight loss!

As you know by now, I've been my old size all my adult life, so it's hard to get my head round the 'new me'. Dropping two clothes sizes from 16+ to 12, I can go into a clothes shop and I could wear anything (well, nearly?) - unheard of!

The best bit - my calves now fit into knee-high boots, been wanting some for years and only recently discovered online retailers that stock bigger widths. Anyway, that's not needed anymore, I've been trying some on, but have not quite found the perfect pair yet.

My first yoga class after the summer was great - even though I have not been practising at home my ability/strength has also improved.

Have a good Thursday everyone, I'm spending it at home with a fully recovered child that has to be kept out of school for 24hrs on hospital advice. Ah well we get some quality time together that's nice too.

for food - yesterday was my pasta day and I had a nice helping of WM spaghetti with turkey bolognese sauce and my allotted grated cheese portion. Yum! Today is PP...

As usual I spend my spare time cooking... Last night I made some rice pudding (on the hob) for DD1 as the local store had run out and she's supposed to eat soft foods for a while and was in need of a treat. I just *had to* taste it several times to check and it was delicious. My favourite food ever... Oh dear ;)

I've also remembered that I own a yoghurt maker, yay. It works great, wish I had remembered 3 months ago though. Using just skimmed UHT milk the yoghurt sets well but can gets a bit watery, but I now successfully strain it for a thicker consistency. I'm using this below, mine is 10+ years old but they have not changed the design and it's foolproof. My first starter was some YeoValley Probiotic Live (full fat) yoghurt, and it worked a treat without me having to buy a special starter culture in the health food store. Now I just make the next pot from the last 2 TB of the current lot.

Electric Yoghurt Maker - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

I'm rambling again, hope you're all having a good day!

OOh I have a yogurt maker too, must get it out. Its an easy yo one also from Lakeland

Hi everyone,

Thanks - everything / everyone here is fine. DD1 recovered well from her operation and it's all in the past now, and the missing teeth don't seem to affect her ability to eat, just slows her down a bit ;)

Meanwhile I've been staying away from the scales but tucking into nice food... On Saturday my celebration meal consisted of grilled Lamb in honey and mustard marinade, potatoes, Tzatziki and grilled tomatoes. Yum. Not to forget a glass of Belgian beer (I waited for that for a long time), and a helping of that homemade rice pudding with spiced plum compote.
And on Sunday I had another Apple muffin - we're still working our way through our Apple mountain :D

Today was my carb day, so I carefully weighed out my 110gr of cooked wm pasta and added 90gr cooked chickpeas - as they are carbs too, I thought I'd make life a bit more interesting.
I added a tomato sauce made with lean pork mince (another meat to reintroudce occasionally) with carrots & onions, and the statutory sprinkling of cheese. Well, I was not able to finish it! 200gr of pasta is actually quite a lot. So when can I have the leftovers? Might have to pass them to the kids!

Anyway they had nearly the same thing, just added some cream cheese to their sauce (and no chickpeas) and they loved it too.

Today I had:
B; Dukan bread, Yoghurt
S: sandwich with quark and sl of lean ham
L: Beetroot & cucumber salad, Crayfish in quark& tomato sauce with sliced Egg and Lettuce from the Garden. Pear
D: Pasta & chickpeas with tomato, veg & pork sauce.
S after yoga: Yoghurt
Several skinny lattes (work is a bit stressful at the moment)

I have not / will not weigh till Friday who knows I may finally have put some weight on this time!

My joghurt making is improving - I found out that adding a copuble of TB of skim milk powder to the milk first makes it firmer and less watery and it tastes delicious and creamy!

I've also noticed that I am fitter! With the Autumn my weekly long cycle ride to choir rehearsals have started up again, and I have to negotiate a couple of steep railway bridges (nearly the only obstackles in flat cambridge), and I suddenly realised that I was not out of breath as I would normally have been. I am also more flexible in my yoga (less padding to get in the way!)

My plan for tomorrow:
B: Dukan Porridge, yoghurt
S: Apple
L: Mackerel Salad with cottage cheese, cucumber. Fruit Yoghurt.
D: Not sure yet - must defrost some Salmon I think! with Broccoli and cheese.

Last edited:
glad your little un is ok my littlest had 6 out a year or so ago now ...was up eating jelly 30 minutes after the op

I finally got a self-portrait to nearly work this morning. It's in my album but I thought I'd post it here too. For comparison I repost one 'before' photo from this Spring.

Now: Sept 2011

Before: March 2010

Attachments

• Sept2010.jpg
    Sept2010.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 60
  • Mar2010_P3070730.JPG
    Mar2010_P3070730.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
glad your little un is ok my littlest had 6 out a year or so ago now ...was up eating jelly 30 minutes after the op

Yes DD1 got to have jelly too and finished it. First waking up was not so nice, but after we managed to persuade her to keep the dressing in her mouth and bite on it to stop the bleeding she rested & slept a bit more before waking up much improved :)

Last edited:
Gosh yes Anja, I can really see the difference... I did mean to post yesterday that I'd looked at your photos in your album and thought you really slim before and after!

Good idea re mixing your carbs, but yes what a pain to not be able to eat the leftovers...!!

I bet your colleagues were staggered to see the "new you"!

anju u look absolutley stunning !!!!!!!! they better be inpressed because i am !!!!!!!!!!!

well done hunny !!!!!

Thanks everyone, yes colleagues are still commenting - also along the lines of 'don't lose any more' :D which is absolutely right! I have lost weight everywhere, so quite noticeably on the legs as well. As it was quite evenly distributed I did not look too outrageously 'fat' before, just overall very heavy.

Pasta leftovers: not a huge amount maybe I'll substitute them for my slice of bread on Friday. Shhhh :p don't tell anyone!

Today changed from planned: Conso PV

B: Dukan porridge, yoghurt
S: Bread with slice of lean ham
L: smoked Mackerel, cucumber, cottage cheese, Apple
D: low-fat chilli with the family, (pick out the beans!) with cheese, egg, salad. Baked custard

Day of strict PP coming up tomorrow... I think it will be:

B: Dukan bread, fruit yoghurt
S: baked custard
L: smoked mackerel, egg, quark&mustard sauce
D: steamed salmon, cottage cheese, yoghurt.

I have got myself a free treat for the weekend - I had a voucher for a 99p pack of Thorntons choccies (3 in a pack) so I'll have them for Dessert on Saturday I think. Maybe I'll give one to DH... As I said - it's Wednesday and I'm already planning my weekend food!!

Back