Anna_B's Diary

Anna_B

Silver Member
I'm off to my first SW meeting this evening so I thought I'd start a diary.

I need to lose 10 stone. Is it possible? I hope so.

I have tired numerous diets in the past, all have helped me lose weight but I've never kept it off, I've always ended up putting it back on & then some. I've never tried SW before, I decided to give it a try as from what I've read it looks like it could fit in well with my lifestyle. I also want something where I don't have to weigh & measure everything, count points, give up food & just drink shakes. I want something that fits in with family life.

I want to be able to run around with the children, to be able to lead a more active & healthy lifestyle. I feel like I'm missing out on things I would other wise do if I was slim because at this weight I either don't feel comfortable doing them (like going swimming) or I physically can't.

I feel apprehensive about going to the meeting this evening. I don't really know what to expect, how many others will be there. I know most people dread the thought of being the fattest person in the room & at my weight I nearly always am. I'm not looking forward to it but I know it has to be done.

So here goes, I know it's not going to be easy but then being 10 stone over weight is not easy either.

New lifestyle...here I come!! :):):)

Anna, you'll be fine. Everyone feels nervous but your consultant will put you at ease straight away.

This is what will happen....

You'll arrive and sit down around a table with other new members, you may be offered a drink. The consultant will ask you to fill out a sheet with your name / address etc.

He / She will then explain how it all works and you can ask questions.

You will then be weighed and pay your money (nobody else sees apart from you and the person writing it down)....

Then take a seat and the meeting starts, where the consultant will go round everyone and say if they have lost or gained (in a nice way), you can ask lots of questions and get ideas from this part. Generally the meeting bit lasts about an hour.

Good luck, you'll be fine x

You will almost certainly be fine and everyone is very nice because they all remember what its like on the first week. Good luck.

Thank you everyone for your support :)

I made it to the meeting & I have no idea what I was so worried about! I was impressed with how positive it was, even those who had gained weight were applauded for their weight loss to date & then asked if they needed any help/knew why they had gained etc, all in a very upbeat & positive way.

I've now got all the books to read through & I need to work out what I'm going to eat tomorrow.

I'm feeling fairly optimistic about it all :)

Well done Anna, the first step is always the hardest. These forums are great for inspiration and information.

I read the book last night but need to go through it again a few more times just to be sure. I've decided to start with a green day.

B: eggs, mushrooms, 2 tomatoes

Snack: Free yoghurt with fresh blueberries.

L: Baked Beans, potato, side salad.

Snack: 85g prunes (heB), apple

D: Large mushrooms topped with 85g very low fat soft cheese (heB) & leeks, 28g cheddar (heA). Jacket potato, carrots, peas.

Sounds like a great menu!!
Well done on finding the guts to go!!

Everyone is the same and wonder why they were scared!!

This place is great and I have only been here a few days!

I gained last night but expected it so still felt in control!!

Good luck!

Katie
x

I'm struggling with this whole concept of eating as much as you want. I have a few times felt hungry, now being one of them but I feel like I should hold off until dinner.

I'm so used to the mind set of diet = feeling hungry, that it feels really bizarre to throw that old idea away & go & get something to eat. I'm also too hung up on portion sizes, I feel like I should be eating less.

This is going to take some getting used to :rolleyes:

Well get used to it you need to Anna - cos let me tell you it works! Dunno how (well someones posted about the science behind it before, but to be honest I dont care how it works, just that it does) Well done on taking the first step. xxx

I'm struggling with this whole concept of eating as much as you want. I have a few times felt hungry, now being one of them but I feel like I should hold off until dinner.

I'm so used to the mind set of diet = feeling hungry, that it feels really bizarre to throw that old idea away & go & get something to eat. I'm also too hung up on portion sizes, I feel like I should be eating less.

This is going to take some getting used to :rolleyes:

anna - if you're hungry but you know dinner is soon, then eat a snack. maybe a yogurt or some fruit to keep you going....anything that's free! ...or use some sins for a small snack.

are you using your sins? - i stash things like space raider crisps (3 sins) and minimilks lollies (1.5 sins) then i can grab these if i fancy them.

anna i have around 10 stone to lose too. but i'm aiming for 8 and will see how i fell when i get there.

you're not alone in feeling the way you do. just make mini targets of half a stone at a time and when you reach those it will spur you on to the next half stone :)

Thank you for your support. I've decided to just go forth & eat when I need to rather than worry about it :)

Saturdays food...

Yesterday was a difficult day. We went out to a food festival hence the rather large cup cake! My ulcer was playing up in the evening so I didn't feel up to eating anything. I didn't use my Hex's, they had been planned in to the evening meal.

B: Quorn sausages, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms

Snack: 99 ice cream (12 syns) 1 very large cup cake.. no idea of syns but would have been a lot!

L: Sweet potato, cottage cheese, sweetcorn

Snack: Free yoghurt with 2 child size bananas

D: nothing.

Sundays food.

B: Baked beans on 2 slices wholemeal toast (HexB)

Snack: 3 mini babybel light cheeses (HexA)

L: Eggs, egg fried rice, mushrooms

Snack: Free yoghurt, blueberries.

D: Chicken (HexB) carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, boiled potatoes.

Snack: free yoghurt, strawberries

Syns - I might have some minimilk's :)

Well done on joining us all ay SW. We all have days like yesterday and as it's your first week I'm sure you'll be fine.
It's always difficult at first getting your head around the fact that you can eat when you're hungry and there's an awful lot fo excellent foods you can eat without weighing and measuring. Start with the basics for the first few weeks, write out your food diary and look forward to your weight loss.

lol i want the whole SW forum to be addicted to minimilks :D

I had a chocolate one this afternoon, yum! :):):)

I've been doing better today, eating more & sticking to the plan which is sooooo much easier than ww.

i know it's loads easier than WW.

i've got a large quorn cottage pie with tonnes of veg for dinner. it's only 5.5 sins for the lot!!! i'm gonna be stuffed! i would share it with my fella but he's just gone and bought himself french stick, pate, salami, cheese and pasta for his dinner - b******!!! lol

I bought a load of different quorn products yesterday. So far I've just had sausages but I've got everything from mince to 'bacon'. I'm sticking to green days as I'm not a big meet eater so hopefully I'll like the quorn.

I've just made some tomato sauce for the balls & pasta. I made a big batch so I can freeze it. I thought I'd make some quorn spag bol & veg soup tomorrow, both free on a green day & I'll freeze them in individual portions so a quick meal when I don't want to cook.

I'm getting in to the swing of things now :):):)

I'm getting in to the swing of things now :):):)

yay! :) that's great that you can freeze stuff down. there's never enough room in our freezer at home to do stuff like that. i have my own freezer drawer but that's full of quorn pieces, fillets and mince and other bits and bobs....plus my minimilks of course!

if you feel a little frustrated on the plan i would spend an afternoon cooking meals you can freeze down. that way you can't give yourself the excuse of not having anything suitable to eat :)

Back