Anna's champix diary- Four weeks smoke freeeeeeeee!!!!

Wooooohoooooo!!! I have been a Non-Smoker for a whole week!!!! So proud of myself because this has always seemed like the impossible for me in the past. Ive always been a determind person until it came to giving up the cigs, now ive done it. There is NO going back, im starting to feel better, I can taste more, if anything I am less stressed, the differences are just amazing.
Onwards to week 2 :D
Anna x

And the feelings only get better in my experience. Keep strong, you know you can do this.

Thanks ailly :) I am so determind to do it!

Day 8 was a fairly hard one again, only had a couple of cravings but boy they were strong and not going away in a hurry!
The firstbwas in the afternoon, no triggers, not a usual fag time, nothing so I started prepping the veggiea for dinner and it was still there so I had a drink of water and some gum!

Day 9 today, hubby is off and we are going to pick up some portraits we had done if the children:) looking forward to that.

Also so far I have saved ( in a jar :)) £38.60!!! And god knows how many cigs would have entered my lungs for that money!! Im going to keep the jar going and bring it out for holidays xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Woohooo well done hun I bet it is so motivating seeing the money adding up in the jar as well.

I wanted to pick your brains, how long were you on the champix for before you quit. I have a start date of 1st September so not sure when I should start with the tabs.

xxxx

Hiya, I quit on day 10 of the champix, you should aim for your quit date to fall within days 8 and 14 of the champix. Day 10 was just a date I picked as it was a monday so fresh start and all that :)
Good luck and let me know how you are getting on :) x

Day 10 today, only one craving and was onlu a small one!! Went round to mums quick today and she smokes indoors, it was yuck, she asked if i mindednif she had a ciggy which I didnt atall and it really didnt bother me :) so wish I could help mum to quit...xx

Yep, will have £60 by sunday :) prob should be more but I averaged it on fags and tobacco as I USED :))) to smoke both

Still going, day 12 today :) still having the odd niggle but am thinking about cigs less and less each day. My chest is still throwing out yuckness abdni wish it would stop!
Have noticed this week that I can now walk briskly without feeljng out of breath :)
Smellnis coming back, not sure thats a good thing as they have been spreading the fields and the stench outside is BAD! Lol
Anna x

Nannis, well done on your progress!

Still smoke free :) less and less cravings now. My friend came over today and I told her shes still welcome to smoke near me, I could tell she was itching to get out there and have one!
I stood in the garden with her and smelt the smoke. Tbh It didnt affect me eithet way, I kjow I dont want to ruin mu progress for the sake of a puff so im not going to! It didnt smell yuck or irrisistable (sp)... Whereas the other day one person smoking outside mothercare madr me gag and cough, then moments later I smelt smoke outside the bank and it smelt nice !

Back to the nurse this Friday to check in, and I guess get some more champix ( still getting a bit nauseous but its not to bad).
Anna xx

Glad to hear your still going strong, been talking to my boss who gave up one the champix and he suffered with really bad mood swings is this anything you have experienced.

Hiya, none worse than usual lol! I did notice my temper was a lot shorter than usual during the week I started the champix, but that was before I reached
My quit date.
Its weird but I think maybe the cigs were actually stressing me out as I feel a lot less stressed now.
With a baby and my job it was a case of sneaking a really quick half a cig when I could get a chance. At the end I can honestly say I wasnt 'enjoying' any if my
cigs throughout the day, maybe enjoying one in the evening once baby in bed as I would sit in the garden and wind down with that one! Or so I thought lol
When are you due to start the champix? I highly recommend the allen carr book to read alongside the champix- i got mine cheap from ebay! He does make you feel very different about smoking, which will help more than you would think when the cravings do come.
Anna :)

I am booking an appointment to see the Dr around the 20th August, have got the book somewhere so will dig that out as well.

How you doing today?

Today good so far, had a twinge earlier, cant say a cravinh becauase it was more of a habit twinge, I reached for my bag when little one was napping, then remembered I dont smoke so no use looking for a cig! I had a giggle at myself and had a piece of gum lol

Day 17: all good! Took my children swimming today then we met up with sil and kiddies for a picnic :) sil smoked a coupke of roll ups hut cant say it bothered me, smelt nice but not nice enough to have one!
I keep having to pinch myself, I cannot believe ive done this, I used to get upset coz I wanted to give up so bad but was scared I couldn't do it... Now im 17 days without a cig and feel sooo much better for it! Still coughing quite a bit but think I may have caught the family cold! Tmi but my phlem is looking cleaner aswell lol
Am chewing lots of gum, the novelty of using the inhalator just to hold has worn off so its just a bit of gum to keep habit cravings at bay.
Off to the beach tomoz as hubbu has a few days off, We will both ve off till next thurs so looking forward to family time minus a quick fag at every given oppotunity :)

To anyone who's thinking about giving up, im serious when I say if I can do it then anyone can! I already know I wont touch another cig in my life as I would never take myself back to the life of stressing about when my next fix is!
Also champix are fantastic and coupled with the thought- provoking Allen Carr book are my tried and tested recipe for success :)

Anna x

Congratulations on being smoke free. How are you finding it now?

I too am using Champix, and currently on day 4 of being smoke free. I read the Allen Carr book, and it makes a lot of sense.

Hi all, havent updated for a few days, but still a non smoket :D
I am on day 23 of my quit now, I have to admit fri sat and sun were absolute hell for me, I really have no idea why? We got out and about, had hubby off work, got to go clothes shopping for kids and myself! So really dont know where it came from but spend three days feeling so down, deprived of a cig! I even had a few tears or desperation! Maybe hoping hubby would feel sorry for me and buy me some?! He didnt lol
I put a status out on fb asking my friends for advice, was really pleased with the replies. One friend told me ive come tgis far so why on earth would I want to smoke whennive just put myself through a bloody hard 22 days?! She told me have a coffee and a wors with myself lol
Another said sip diet fizzy drinks and chew gum, im pretty much doing this one already.

Anyway I made it through what seemed like hell at the time so am pleased with myself. Today ive had a couple of tiny cravings , not feeling upset or deprived, just thankful that I got through the last few days without giving into the nicotine monster!

Anna x

Day 25 today, almost completed 4 weeks!!!! Im so pleased with myself :)
Feeling, little cravings only since my bad few days. Im convinced that was the nicotine monsters last ditched attmept to make me light up!
My sil came round yesterday and went out for a cig, I opened the door while ahe was out there and must admit it smelled nice! But then she told me ti give her a hug and smell her clothes and it was yuck, to think I used to smell like that all day! My poor hubby must have been a saint to live with the smell when he doesnt smoke!

Looking forward to hitting the 4 week mark, which will also be £120 in the pot for my kids and hubby to be spoiled with on holiday :D cannot wait to buy things with money that would have just gone up in smoke!

Still on champix, wondering if I can stop them before 12 weeks is up as the sicky mornings are not nice! Plus Im thinking they maybe making me more tired than usual?
Anyway onwards I go x

wow, well done on going so long, i too have just given up using champix and today is 3 months smoke free wahoooo never thought it would happen, as a rule i dont even think about it anymore but have found this past week really hard, but i suppose the stress of moving house is enough to make anyone want to smoke lol xxx

Back