Anna's champix diary- Four weeks smoke freeeeeeeee!!!!

Well starting my 5 th week today :) still continue to have small cravings but they are small and gone fairly quickly. Some days I sit down in the eve and think oh ive not had a craving all day or thought about cigs, other days I can have lots throughout the day.
Champix still making me ever so nausiated, part if me wants to comenoff them but im a little scared that the cravings will get worse. But then I have been coping and brushing away the cravings for four weeks now so surely I can keep it up, just wonder if the cravings would become more intense?
Ive got a few days leftnin this pack then have another 2 weeks in the cupboard.
Think I will finish this pack then go down to one a day and ease off them... I find that the tea time one doesnt make me feel rough every day but the morning one makes me feel awful!

Will report on how it goes :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

kered said:
Well done, you are doing really well.

Do you have to wean yourself off the champix?

Im guessing I should wean off them, I know lots of people dont manage the full 12 weeks because of the sicky feeling.

Had a bad moment last night, was very stressed and decided at 12 am I needed a cig! Everyone was asleep so I decided to walk a mile to the garage ( what an Idiot I am!!) anyway got cold, got cigs then decided NO!! I didnt need or want one! So walked all the way home an yhe pack remains untouched! Sil will be round this week so will give them to her to avoid temptation!
Also know I wont be walking out in the dark alone again as it scared the life out of me lol

Well done, that's fantastic. I'm off them 8 weeks now, just starting into my 9th week and I can't believe it. My bank balance is so much healthier since I've stopped (not to.mention the benefits I'm feeling!) Keep up the good work, you can do it!

Well done on resisting after buying them - keep strong and just think of all the advantages.

I have stopped 2 weeks this Friday and it does get easier. Still taking the champix too, but apart from the first 3-4 days, I have not felt sickly, but I always take them with food.

Thanks everyone, 33 days today!! I have started weening off the champix now as they were starting to make me feel reallu rough in the mornings.
For the past 3 days ive taken just one at night and been feeling lots better for it.
Cravings are no worse than normal.
Plan is to reduce to one every other day in 4 days time, just weening slowly so I can adjust to different doseage.

Day 36... Just a quick check in, all fine, had a bit if a scare yesterday, my baby fell and bumped her head and it made me panic and want a cig.. I went on and on about cigs for hours but still didnt give in!!

It's funny that the morning time cig was probably my most needed one of the day abd its very rare that I have a craving before lunchtime now and its been that way for a while. Yet the evening after dinner one crosses my mind most nights, not always a craving but usually a thought!
Anna

Hi all, been a while! Was doing fab until day 40 ish, then the cravings started getting out of control. We went away last week and im guttes to say that I gave in :((
Cannot believe I let it get the better of me at this stage, so I smoked for four days ( a few a day, tasted yuck didnt do anything whatsoever for me!)
So we returned on sat and I vowed to get back on it! Sunday was a total failure, yesterday I was doing fab all day then caved at 4pm and ended up having 3 roll ups between 4 and bedtime :(
Today my champix actually made me sick, had toast for breakfast usually have cereal so dont know if that made a difference! ( I never stopped the champix completely, but did cut out the morning one... Im guessing the self medicating is the reason my cravings got out of control. Feel so silly but I spose it felt right at the time.
Anyway im at a bit of a crossroads right now, today im craving like mad, guess i must have brought the champix up when I was sick? Ive given in once already, my tongue is sore as hell through smoking, and I really dont want to become a smoker again ( even though i spose Ive already done the damage :(() am so annoyed at myself for letting my guard down!
Im going to continue the champix in the hope that I can reach success (again) will visit nurse and see what she advises.
I know I dont want to be a smoker so am using that felling as a positive in the hope that the willpower will click back in and kick nicotines butt!!

Sorry for the dark post, wasnt going to post but felt its best to share the good and bad in a diary, alwaya good to look back and see how I felt and also im sure others have been through or will go though the same?

Anna xx

Good luck for the re-start and I hope the nurse can advise you on the best way to go about it. They might be able to give you an extra month on the champix.

I will have stopped 5 weeks tomorrow, still going well, but an occassional craving, which leads to an obsession if I am drunk - message to self, not to drink too much.

Good luck Anna.

Hiya
Old thread I know but I was wandering how you got on with Champix? I am on day four :) did you gain weight? I am currently on the dukan diet so hoping I won't start craving sweet things as a nicotine replacement! I still have no desire to stop smoking but my quit day is day 10 also :eek:

Hi Kati85, how are you getting on? Hope everything is going well for you and you are starting to feel the benefit of not smoking.

hey hii me too quiting smoking with the help of champix....can u please tell me that are you currently a smoker or a non smoker....i mean did u smoke after stopping champix?

hey hii me too quiting smoking with the help of champix....can u please tell me that are you currently a smoker or a non smoker....i mean did u smoke after stopping champix?​

Hi Angad

I started taking Champix on 12.1.13 and today is my quit day so looking for some support. What stage you at and how you finding it. My mouth tastes really awful and I'm glad to stop smoking at present just to get rid of some of the taste but not sure if it goes away even if you stop smoking and keep taking the tablets. How is it effecting you?

hey hii jude......nice to see active members in this site....today is my day 14 on champix and i quit today.....though i am not craving as of now but never know......but this is certaian i will not smoke , no matter how strong the craves are....i started taking champix on 18th jan 2013.....i sleep a lot these days and dreams are kind of funny and stupid, but no nightmares.....but feel pretty tired these days .....till yesterday i was smoking about 5 or 6 a day . generally i smoke 20 to 30 a day......which country are u from and how is your progress going , i will come and post here everyday if u too post .....best of luck jude
im from india male age 26

hey hii jude......nice to see active members in this site....today is my day 14 on champix and i quit today.....though i am not craving as of now but never know......but this is certaian i will not smoke , no matter how strong the craves are....i started taking champix on 18th jan 2013.....i sleep a lot these days and dreams are kind of funny and stupid, but no nightmares.....but feel pretty tired these days .....till yesterday i was smoking about 5 or 6 a day . generally i smoke 20 to 30 a day......which country are u from and how is your progress going , i will come and post here everyday if u too post .....best of luck jude
im from india male age 26

Hi Angad

I have been posting each day but not in this thread. If you look in the Liptrim diet forum and look for the thread stating Lipotrim and Champix Diary I have been entering what has been happening daily. Basically,I was feeling really nauseas at first until I realised I had to take my tablets once I had eaten. After that, fine. No dreams or sleepless nights noticed just a really bad taste in my mouth when I was coming to day 10 and I stopped on day 11. I have now not smoked for 9 days. I have found it reasonably easy because I do not think about it much and dont get the cravings. I supposed because Champix has switched off the receptors in my brain telling me I am a smoker. If that is the case, that great and its a pity I cant get a table for over eating because it really seems to be working.

Good luck, you should have no problems if you go the same way I seem to be going. By the way I'm in the UK.

oh great jade .....best of luck once more.... will read that later at night ....liptrim diet later .....today it has been 16.5 hours since i smoked ....its my first day so quite possible thats the reason i am getting some occasional cravings but certainly am not gonna smoke....just waiting for 24 hrs to pass and i can post its day 2 .....i have been smoking since i was 16 and its 10 years now .......best of luck
i too consulted a dietican and she told me to have milk thistle and triple strenghth fish oil capsules daily and gave me 6 injections for vitamin b and vitamin d .....im pure vejetarian and stopped eating fried ....thats it
height 5 feet 6 inches and weight 78kg.

Hi :)
im afraid that attempt at champix failed :(
i went on holiday and just found everything made me want a cig and it went downhill and never came back.....

but! I started champix again and had my last cigarette on 25th June 2012 following the loss of my mum, I was determined that my mums death, even though it was not down to cigs but they contributed, was not going to be in vain. She was only 62 and it just reminded me how unhealthy I was smoking like a trooper and over weight! Anyway Christmas day marked one and a half years as a non-smoker, I feel so much better, colds are less intense, I don't cough all day, actually I rarely cough lol
I used the champix for 8 weeks then became fed up of the sick feeling but I knew i wasn't going to stumble again!

diet wise I haven't been concentrating on that area but am back now, two stone heavier after giving up, but I haven't been trying to control weight so know that's down to me being a piggy!
i now live on gum and do seem to have more time on my hands lol, I started home crafts when I gave up and it helped so much! I am not selling my items and doing really well with them!

So now time to get this weight off....... Good luck to all, am happy to help via pm if anyone ever needs a chat x

Back