Announcement- slow cooked whole chicken born today at 1.30pm!!

Well, carrying on from my last thread, today I've cooked a joint of lamb in mine and OMG!!! It literally fell off the bone, I was picking out clean bones!! My hubby who is a complete meatitarian! couldn't believe it- he said he'd never tasted lamb so succulent!! And you don't have to clean up the mess in the oven afterwards!!!X

wow funcurls - you're really tempting me here!! Lamb is my favourite!! What Litre will i need to buy to fit a joint - appart from it being oval :) when i move out there will only be me and OH so i dont want a huge one

xxx

Last edited:
I suppose it would depend on the size of the joint! Mine was a half rack of ribs so was quite long and only just fit into my 5.5l one! But if it was quite compact I suppose it would fit into one half the size!! Oval is defo best tho, for chickens etc!X

Spooky - I'm an ex-Glam English girl - graduated 5 years ago!
And I managed to stick around after marrying my hubby who's from Abercynon. Didn't move far from Treforrest - only to Ponty!!

I got a slow cooker for xmas and I LOVE IT!!!

I cooked some lamb shanks in it on the weekend in some water and red wine, with garlic and rosemary.
It just fell off the bone, then I drained and skimmed the fat off the stock and reduced it down into a gravy - delish!
Plus I've got some gorgeous stock in the freezer now (and just a few syns for the wine)

Yes, I cooked a 1.6kg chicken in a 3.5l the other day, serves 5 according to the packet! Put it in at 1pm and ate it at 7.30pm. Cooked it all day on high, i was a bit paranoid so for the last 15 mins i put it in the oven on full blast! Was lovely tho!
x

Back