Annoyed

Beckyftwx

Silver Member
I go on holiday on Monday and this week I stuck to plan 100% and gained a pound! I haven't been to the gym at all because I have had a chest infection and have been taking medicine, antibiotics and cough sweets without synning them so that may be the problem :(
Anyways I go on holiday is 5 days, any tips to reduce bloating in the next few days so I feel a bit better in my swimwear!

Hi Beckyftwx, sorry to hear you've been unwell. Try not to be too disheartened about the gain, it may be that the antibiotics had something to do with it and once you're off them your losses may return to normal.

As for reducing bloating, I'm not an expert but I've heard that avoiding too many carbs and fizzy drinks will help. Also, potassium from foods (bananas, spinach etc.) and calcium are supposed to be good for preventing bloating so eat plenty of that in your free foods and HEAs. Maybe try a few red days before holiday? Also drink plenty of water to help prevent water retention.

Hope you have a fantastic holiday! Going anywhere nice? :)

Also try and see how much you've lost over a month rather than weekly. I find if I look at it that way (even when I've had small losses or even gains) I average about 7 pounds a month. This fluctuation every week is normal due to your body changes (and the joys of being a woman and all those hormones).

Have fun in Croatia :)

Back