Annoying boyfriend.

Jubbly

Yo-yo dieter here for the gazillionth time
Hello. My boyfriend really annoyed me on Saturday, I thought I'd share :mad:. I have been up and down with my weight since I have been with him almost 2 years. (I was tiny when he met me but have never got that skinny again as I just like eating too much). I'm now just slightly under what I was when we started going out, BMI 22, 9 stone 8lb, would like to lose half a stone still but not getting too stressed about it at the mo and concentrating more on healthy maintenance than losing that last bit. I got down to a little bit lighter last year until I had to diet yet again *sigh*. So I was talking about weight (as I do. A lot!!) and whether I should be focussing more on finishing this off properly and he was very evasively saying "so long as you're happy" etc etc. So I asked him if HE thought I needed to lose more weight or not, he got really ars*y with me and said (I kid you not): "Whatever I say is wrong. I've only got two options - either say nothing and annoy you or say you need to lose more weight and annoy you)". So what happened to option 3 - say I look nice as I am??? He really boosts my confidence, my boyfriend. Grrrrrrr.

Dear Jubbly. Your OH was put on the spot and is not a mind reader. I feel for him. Sorry!

Belle

p.s. At your weight/height losing another half stone really will only define your figure. It wont make that much of a difference. Just be careful not to get tooo thin. It comes off the places you dont want it to come off...

I see your point but he could have just said I look fine? So I shouldn't have fished for compliments granted but if he really thinks I look nice as I am he would have just said so?? I think that his answer had an implication in it that I need to lose more weight. If he'd have asked me anything about how he looked, I'd either give a diplomatic answer or more likely tell him that he looks gorgeous. PS I look better with another half a stone or even a stone off. I should know this as I've been yo-yo dieting for the last 6 years!!!!

I am chuckling at the moment because like your bf my husband refuses even to get involved in the topic. He says the same thing that there is. I right answer. I don't think u should be annoyed with him. Men just are not that great with these things.

Hi Jubbly, Of course he could have said you look fine. Yes. I agree. I just don't expect that kind of insight from my husband.

Looks like you knew the answer to the question anyway so best of luck losing that last half stone!!

Belle

have to agree with Bell i feel sorry for him lol, men they don't really care about the same stuff. xx

Back