Another bit of advice please - 3 packs or 4

I agree that the website is slightly confusing. The main page says 3 packs and a meal (ie the protein), but then when you follow the link it says 3 packs plus veg / salad. Here is the information you will get with your order (or a variant of this list):

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/ebay/Full-VLCD-Program.pdf

So S&S recommend that you have the protein if you are having 3 packs per day.

Thank you so much for that BordersGirl! While I wasn't doubting the people here are right, I do like to get the "official" word on these kind of things :rolleyes:

Just a quick note on why it is important to get enough protein. You need a minimum of 50 g of protein a day - you won't get this in 3 packs but you do in 4 (or 3 plus protein).

Although your body/brain can survive in ketosis quite happily your brain still needs a certain amount of glucose. Your body will convert some of the protein which you eat inot glucose in order to support your brain. If you don't eat enough protein it will use your muscles to create the glucose (through a few steps). This leads to muscle wastage and a reduction in your metabolic rate. Not ideal.

That's really interesting weasey. Thanks for posting that. You learn something new every day! just shows how important having the protein is.

Back